PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 Days Leak Comedy Gold!

chodaboy
04-22-2006, 07:03 AM
Man, I really can't believe that this is happening. This will go down in rock history. This will solidify Tool as one of the greatest rock bands of all time. They are going to pull this off. They got their fanatics thinking that this is the best ever. They have the radio playing this tripe. And they have created a huge conspiracy. God Damn, I shit the bed! It is so good.

This leak is a joke. Plain and simple. I can't take this album seriously any more. Rosetta Stoned has got to be one of the funniest songs ever. It beats out Maynard's Dick by far. The rest of the album is filled with junk lyrics, with the exception of Wings.

I have been having so much fun playing "Where's Waldo" with these songs. There are so many rehashed riffs, it's unbelievable. There are some decent moments, but for the most part it is droning and boring. It just plain sux. I hope this never makes it to the stores.

This is all pretty obvious. Where are Danny’s drums? Where are his signature fills? and crash? Sounds like they are all having a lot of fun just playing all there old songs, with a bit of a new...... Then laying cutting room floor/deleted scenes lyrics over them.

Equally hillarious is the intro to The Pot. Yah right. What kinda ***gy shit is that.

Or what about Jambi. Freaking Pee Wee's Playhouse Genie. "Did somebody say Wish!? Meka Lecka Hi Mecka Hiny HO!

Lipan Conjuring. LOL. They are laughing in our faces. Heyyyya HOOOOO!!!

Intention, THe backwards message..... "Work hard stay in school, listen to your mother, your father was right" haha

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

I posted this on another forum. Thought I would get your thoughts. Anyone else find the jokes?

Untamed
04-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Man, I really can't believe that this is happening. This will go down in rock history. This will solidify Tool as one of the greatest rock bands of all time. They are going to pull this off. They got their fanatics thinking that this is the best ever. They have the radio playing this tripe. And they have created a huge conspiracy. God Damn, I shit the bed! It is so good.

This leak is a joke. Plain and simple. I can't take this album seriously any more. Rosetta Stoned has got to be one of the funniest songs ever. It beats out Maynard's Dick by far. The rest of the album is filled with junk lyrics, with the exception of Wings.

I have been having so much fun playing "Where's Waldo" with these songs. There are so many rehashed riffs, it's unbelievable. There are some decent moments, but for the most part it is droning and boring. It just plain sux. I hope this never makes it to the stores.

This is all pretty obvious. Where are Danny’s drums? Where are his signature fills? and crash? Sounds like they are all having a lot of fun just playing all there old songs, with a bit of a new...... Then laying cutting room floor/deleted scenes lyrics over them.

Equally hillarious is the intro to The Pot. Yah right. What kinda ***gy shit is that.

Or what about Jambi. Freaking Pee Wee's Playhouse Genie. "Did somebody say Wish!? Meka Lecka Hi Mecka Hiny HO!

Intention, THe backwards message..... "Work hard stay in school, listen to your mother, your father was right" haha

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

I posted this on another forum. Thought I would get your thoughts. Anyone else find the jokes?

Nerf him, tooo uber.

RED_THE_HAT
04-22-2006, 07:47 AM

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

1 post.... wooooo....

Honestly mate, everyone has their own opinion here, and I highly advise that the next time you feel like expressing an opinion like that, make sure it goes into the lies section.

Otherwise mate, you can fuck off. Just waiting for the time that this thread is deleted.

Cid
04-22-2006, 07:50 AM
haha...i can't believe some of you still think this.

chodaboy
04-22-2006, 08:02 AM
1 post.... wooooo....

Honestly mate, everyone has their own opinion here, and I highly advise that the next time you feel like expressing an opinion like that, make sure it goes into the lies section.

Otherwise mate, you can fuck off. Just waiting for the time that this thread is deleted.

I am not lying that I think this leak is one big joke. So why would this go into lies?

dracomordag
04-22-2006, 08:05 AM
i hope its a joke solely for the fact that it means we'll get more tool material.

i certainly do love the album, tho

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 08:05 AM
i think your gonna be disappointed on may 2nd.

chodaboy
04-22-2006, 08:06 AM
chodaboy, I suggest that when you want to express your opinion, you make sure your opinion is good.

My opinion is that your opinion sux too.

Madrid
04-22-2006, 08:09 AM

You're not a Mars Volta fan, are you?

Geedorah
04-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Nerf him, tooo uber.

Nerf Shamans.

chodaboy
04-22-2006, 08:16 AM

No not really a Mars Volta fan. Maynards high pitched vocals are funny.

TOOL_Rules
04-22-2006, 08:21 AM
You "hoax" people kill me. Have any of you ever PLAYED a musical instrument professionally? Do you have even the slightest idea what it takes to put together a tune like Vicarious or Jambi? No, you don't. You people need to get the hell out of here and go find some other negativity to fill your guts. This IS the new TOOL and if you don't like it, go buy some other band's stuff, get on their fan sites and tell THEM how bad they are at what they do. Leave us happy people alone. Or just blow your brains out. That would probably be easier on everyone. You hoax people are a bunch of losers. I'd love to know the average W-2 income and average IQ of all the "hoax" people. They would both be low numbers IMO.

QuantumMind
04-22-2006, 08:24 AM

What the hell does Mars Volta have to do with this. I happen to be both a Mars Volta fan and a Tool fan.

splints
04-22-2006, 08:29 AM
You "hoax" people kill me. Have any of you ever PLAYED a musical instrument professionally? Do you have even the slightest idea what it takes to put together a tune like Vicarious or Jambi? No, you don't. You people need to get the hell out of here and go find some other negativity to fill your guts. This IS the new TOOL and if you don't like it, go buy some other band's stuff, get on their fan sites and tell THEM how bad they are at what they do. Leave us happy people alone. Or just blow your brains out. That would probably be easier on everyone. You hoax people are a bunch of losers. I'd love to know the average W-2 income and average IQ of all the "hoax" people. They would both be low numbers IMO.

Lol dude, what the fuck does an income level have to do with anything?

Go flash your money around to some 16 year old girls

mustbevicarious
04-22-2006, 08:38 AM
I'm down too, yo.

chodaboy
04-22-2006, 08:39 AM

Dude. They have made goofy stuff before. Cries of the Carrots anyone? Don't you see? With the exception of Vicarious, the tracks do not have the elements that make a great tool song. I don't need to be a musician to know that. They are pulling a gag.

It is cool to hear new things from them. They couldn't make a bad album if they tried. This is proof cause most of you are eating it right up.

Do this. Play a song from the leaked material. Then play a song on any of their other albums. Notice any difference? Complexity is one thing. Where's the man that sits behind the drums? He must have been abducted by E motherfukcing T. Adam and Justin are just playing around.

This is the best!!!

Anyone else care to put there funniest moments from the songs? Please don't say that the funniest moment is when I write posts. Cause it's predictable.

Vaginal Replicator
04-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Well he'll certainly be disappointed May 2nd won't he?

Dredg
04-22-2006, 08:43 AM

um, most of my friends that are around me when I listen to Tool Opiate, Aenema, Lateralus - think Maynards voice is homosexual. My friends dont listen to Tool, they are just making a simple observation.

this doesnt make any sense.

like "LOL" my fragile little ADD Mind can not handle a song that sets the mood for the album. Although you are right that most of these riffs are recycled adn rehashed, they atleast set a filler unlike any other tool filler.

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

I dont know what you are saying here. Intention and Jiambi are the only songs on the album that didnt sound like rehashed riffs. Quite simply, it is Tool being experimental. something different. Can you actual express an opinion without cuting short words with 1st grader insults? You really make those who think the album is average look retarded like yourself. Please stop posting and save it for someone who actually listens and can pay attention. Save your perscription of ritlan for something more important like school work, you will need it.

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 08:44 AM
wow. so many people are gonna be gutted.

and wtf? couldnt' make a bad album if they tried? one..who TRIES to make a bad album? and obvioulsy if you think this album is bad, then it is quite apparent that it is indeed possible.

engineeredthought
04-22-2006, 08:53 AM
This is ridiculous, the people who defend this album to the end and slam anyone who has a contrary thought are being shortsighted and closeminded. There are tons of little inconsistancies and odd things about this album and the way it leaked. You have absolutely no proof that this is without a doubt the real deal. The people on the other side who believe in the hoax dont have any real proof either, but they have plenty of ammo. So the songs are good right? Ok, why does that automatically negate the chance that there is more to this than meets the eye. Being good doesnt prove anything, in fact it only adds more ammo to the hoax side. If it were obviously a joke, then whats the use in trying at all? Im not sure where I land on this, but I am leaning toward there being more than we know at this point. Just try to accept that MANY others feel the same way without running them down and acting self righteous.

chodaboy
04-22-2006, 08:54 AM
um, most of my friends that are around me when I listen to Tool Opiate, Aenema, Lateralus - think Maynards voice is homosexual. My friends dont listen to Tool, they are just making a simple observation.

this doesnt make any sense.

like "LOL" my fragile little ADD Mind can not handle a song that sets the mood for the album. Although you are right that most of these riffs are recycled adn rehashed, they atleast set a filler unlike any other tool filler.

I dont know what you are saying here. Intention and Jiambi are the only songs on the album that didnt sound like rehashed riffs. Quite simply, it is Tool being experimental. something different. Can you actual express an opinion without cuting short words with 1st grader insults? You really make those who think the album is average look retarded like yourself. Please stop posting and save it for someone who actually listens and can pay attention. Save your perscription of ritlan for something more important like school work, you will need it.

Maynard has one of the best voices around. His range is fantastic. I am not saying his voice is gay. I am saying his is doing that on purpose. He's messing around.

http://www.tvacres.com/enchanted_genies_jambie.htm

Jambi is a character from Pee Wee's Playhouse. He is a genie. And you must say I wish, before he grants a wish. Did you read the lyrics?

The first part of Intension played backwards says. "Work Hard, stay in school, listen to your mother your father was right."

Lipan Conjuring is them loving every minute of the prank.

I haven't insulted anyone intentionaly. You people are the ones calling me names. I am just pointing out the obvious.

saut
04-22-2006, 09:40 AM

hoax or not, taking lipan conjuring seriously is one of the stupidest things ive ever heard.

TommyButtchin
04-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Maynard has one of the best voices around. His range is fantastic. I am not saying his voice is gay. I am saying his is doing that on purpose. He's messing around.

http://www.tvacres.com/enchanted_genies_jambie.htm

Jambi is a character from Pee Wee's Playhouse. He is a genie. And you must say I wish, before he grants a wish. Did you read the lyrics?

The first part of Intension played backwards says. "Work Hard, stay in school, listen to your mother your father was right."

Lipan Conjuring is them loving every minute of the prank.

I haven't insulted anyone intentionaly. You people are the ones calling me names. I am just pointing out the obvious.

Dont take it personally. This forum is full of children. Ya know, the Britney Spears version of Tool fans. Im sure they walk around decked out in black tee shirts and black baggy pants, spouting off about "conformist assholes" and repeating their mantra "think for yourselves, question authority" lol. Tool makes mature music for mature adults.

You make some very valid points and Im inclined to agree with some of them. There are several songs on the leaked ablum that are very good however. At this point Im not going to say one way or the other wether the leak is real or not. Either way, Ill be happy with what they give me. It may not be my favorite, but lets face it, Lateralus is a pretty hard precedent to follow, even for the creators themsevles.

The Let Down
04-22-2006, 10:29 AM

dumbest post ever

paraflux
04-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Mine is 144 and my household brings in in excess of 80K/year at the moment.

Should this indeed be a hoax, I will sticky this post atop the 10K Days section.

praefector
04-22-2006, 10:31 AM
so what would you do if you bought the album and it was this music

...then what?

would you suddenly find some way to twist it back around and find the brilliance in the album... because its there. i promise you.

paraflux
04-22-2006, 10:32 AM
be happy as hell that I have new Tool music, Im already happy about this "album."

I wouldnt have to twist anything. The thing that most people dont understand is that you dont have to be unhappy with this leak to feel that there is something else going on.

praefector
04-22-2006, 10:33 AM
be happy as hell that I have new Tool music, Im already happy about this "album."

I wouldnt have to twist anything.

sorry, i was talking to the threadstarter

champion
04-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Who could possibly think the drumming is absent on this CD? It's fucking great.

chopsy
04-22-2006, 10:49 AM
If it's a prank, it's the best kind of prank ever, because we will be getting two solid tool albums out of it.

Must be a pretty elaborate one though... Kabir is in on it with his "listening party" he had

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm a tad bit dissappointed with the drumming.

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 10:51 AM
If it's a prank, it's the best kind of prank ever, because we will be getting two solid tool albums out of it.

Must be a pretty elaborate one though... Kabir is in on it with his "listening party" he had
If it is a prank, then they're about to pull off one of the best stunts and go down in music history.

but I have my doubts...but it is tool, so I'll wait and see.

jitbox
04-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Lipan Conjuring is not even close to being a joke.

The Pot is about an Indian chief named Black Kettle who worked hard for peace with the US government, but was killed for his efforts.

Lipan Conjuring is a send off to him. It's placed perfectly in the album, right after the song that's all about the aforementioned peacemaker.

pulse
04-22-2006, 10:58 AM

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

Uhhhh.... Dan?!!

dischordance
04-22-2006, 11:00 AM
I agree with the thread-starter on this point: It's a hilarious album.
But then, Tool are quite funny people. So why the surprise? Why shouldn't this be the album?

daveelton
04-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Nerf Shamans.

LOL

sknahsx90
04-22-2006, 11:17 AM
i think its very offensive to the band that you call this album a joke!

Even if this wasnt the actuall album, this sounds like it took alot of damn time to put together, and i think it is the best tool album yet!

sam959
04-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Mine is 144 and my household brings in in excess of 80K/year at the moment.

Wait, did I just take a timewarp back to elementary school? What's next, My dad can beat up your dad? Grow the fuck up, people.

bigtard
04-22-2006, 11:27 AM
I'd love to know the average W-2 income and average IQ of all the "hoax" people.

I'd love to know the average age and IQ of the Tool sheeple who think that no matter what Tool releases it must be good.

praefector
04-22-2006, 11:28 AM
id love to know the age and IQ of everyone

because thats such an easy way to determine one's relative value

pft

toology514
04-22-2006, 11:37 AM
1 post.... wooooo....

seriously.

chodaboy
04-22-2006, 11:39 AM

The Pot is about an Indian chief named Black Kettle who worked hard for peace with the US government, but was killed for his efforts.

Lipan Conjuring is a send off to him. It's placed perfectly in the album, right after the song that's all about the aforementioned peacemaker.

LOL, thats funny. ROFL.

C'mon folks, they have screwed with us before. They always take things futher. Even their jokes.

So is Maynard conjuring Satan in Gaping Lotus Experience cause he tried to fuck his couch?

Even if this turn out to be the real deal. I will stand by what I say. There will be no fancy post to wiggle my way out. Tool would not put this out if it weren't for a joke and a gag.

paraflux
04-22-2006, 11:39 AM

pft
hahahaha, best post in the thread.

dracomordag
04-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Wait, did I just take a timewarp back to elementary school? What's next, My dad can beat up your dad? Grow the fuck up, people.
or, you know, you could read the post he responded to.

GTFO

perhan
04-22-2006, 11:50 AM
must be a prank.

zweitracht
04-22-2006, 11:53 AM
i agree that there have been a few peculiarities surrounding this album... the extreme secrecy with the press embargos... Adam's prima donna moment in the Guitar World interview ("[Tool] is MY band.")... the general hilarity of many of the songs on the album...

personally, i think that the current leak of 10,000 Days (which is awesome) is exactly what will be released on May 2nd, and nothing more.

but, that doesn't mean they won't surprise us with another release in the coming months... perhaps on 6/6/06? i know it's not exactly directly relevant, but the tickets to many of the mini-tour shows were $66.66...

or it could all be wishful thinking and they won't release more material for a few more years. sigh.

Spiralman
04-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Nerf Shamans.

Yeah, and why do Druids get a crappy lvl 35 pet at 55? I mean, the damn thing cons green the first time you summon it. WTF!

tDoXoMl
04-22-2006, 12:52 PM

is that true?

tDoXoMl
04-22-2006, 12:54 PM

pft

haha

Briznitch
04-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Man I can't help but keep getting the feeling that something is odd here with this album as well. I hope something is weird cuz I don't want this feeling about this album forever. I do love the fucker, be it real or fake or whatever, and if it was fake, then fuck, we got just one more good album to hear.

May I ask though, not sure if it's been brought up as I haven't read it here, but has anybody referred back to Sept 05 newsletter on toolband? Blair talking about the decoy record being recorded, and random other shit about them making a fake as well as real to fuck with the "would be bootleggers"?

Just curious what up on that. Blair fuckin around, or maybe not.??

stardown
04-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Man I can't help but keep getting the feeling that something is odd here with this album as well. I hope something is weird cuz I don't want this feeling about this album forever. I do love the fucker, be it real or fake or whatever, and if it was fake, then fuck, we got just one more good album to hear.

May I ask though, not sure if it's been brought up as I haven't read it here, but has anybody referred back to Sept 05 newsletter on toolband? Blair talking about the decoy record being recorded, and random other shit about them making a fake as well as real to fuck with the "would be bootleggers"?

Just curious what up on that. Blair fuckin around, or maybe not.??

I would also love to have this be one of two albums. That's fine by me cause I love this album too. I'd rather it be fake, that way we'll have loads of new material come May 2nd.

As for the newletter, I've heard it mentioned before but I'm not sure what to make of it. It seems the general public opinion is that Blair is usually just full of shit...so I don't really know how to elaborate on that.

monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 01:08 PM
hey i think that would be cool as hell, i would take a second album, and if TOOL themselves said that they made this record as a joke for morons who would find something in it... i would still listen to it.

would i have loved a couple of rip your head off and shit down your throat double bass songs of pure insanity... sure. but i love what ive got, i think that jambi and the pot are both brilliant.

i say bring on more tool... but im not holding my breath.

what if it is a 2 disc set and they leaked the first on purpose so people would stop looking, that way they could keep at least half under wraps, hell i think it would be funny and cool as hell for them to pull that off... but i dont think thats whats happening, and that you conspiracy theory fucktards are going to be very dissapointed... and i am very curious to see how much further than may 2nd you people are going to take this... 5 years?

faulty
04-22-2006, 01:15 PM
wow. so many people are gonna be gutted.

and wtf? couldnt' make a bad album if they tried? one..who TRIES to make a bad album? and obvioulsy if you think this album is bad, then it is quite apparent that it is indeed possible.

I'm pretty sure Metallica must have tried to make St Anger shit... i can't comprehend anything being that bad by accident

Briznitch
04-22-2006, 01:16 PM
I just wanna hold in my hands, whatever is coming out. I've read/heard enough bullshit in the past month, it's fucking ridiculous. Week and a half.

PoonTaco
04-22-2006, 01:20 PM

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

Oh man, I can't WAIT until the album comes out, and proves you wrong.
You will be at the top of the list of idiots.

faulty
04-22-2006, 01:22 PM
It would be funny as fuck if this was really a prank and on May 2nd nothing came out and they made us wait another few years

monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Oh man, I can't WAIT until the album comes out, and proves you wrong.
You will be at the top of the list of idiots.

quoted for truth, and because i love poon tacos!

dim my eyes
04-22-2006, 01:23 PM
OH MY GOD YOUR RIGHT!

AENIMA IS FAKE TOO!! HOOKER WITH A PENIS?!?!?! COME ON THESE GUYS ARE TOTALLY FUCKING WITH US!!

TOOL ISN'T EVEN REALLY A BAND!!! IT'S ALL A JOKE!!

WHY DIDN'T I FUCKING THIS OF THIS!!! LET ME GO KILL MYSELF!!!

monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 01:24 PM
when i met maynard i should have told him that he wasnt real... i really dont think he even knew.... poor guy, he actually thinks he exists. :(

Briznitch
04-22-2006, 01:26 PM
when i met maynard i should have told him that he wasnt real... i really dont think he even knew.... poor guy, he actually thinks he exists. :(
I have the same problem.

monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 01:26 PM
die ar von satan... now that was a good track... what happened to the old days?

god wings for marie part 2?

maynard is obviously being silly...

cmon man talk about the things that i want you to you fucking self centered A-hole!!!

MentalMidget
04-22-2006, 02:03 PM

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

I think its probably real.. so.. die.

monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 02:09 PM
I think its probably real.. so.. die.

elequently put and 100% correct!

Briznitch
04-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah on the defense of it being real, wouldn't you think whoever took the photos of the packaging would have told someone if it did or didn't come with a dvd or extra cd, or if the cd was different than the leak? Mmmm yep.

Boom Boom
04-22-2006, 02:20 PM
This situation is so funny. Either way there will be some surprised faces when the album comes out. If I could be everywhere with a camera to make those moments eternal. Maybe people should do it themselves and post those pictures on this forum...

monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 02:35 PM
i hope... no PRAY that i see someone actually break out in tears.

and then im gonna tell them that i have a reliable source that says the "other" one is coming out in july.

because i want there suffering and stupidity to continue. :)

monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 02:38 PM
oh, im bringin my camera...

maybe we'll see people breaking it at the first sight of the tracklist... or maybe we'll have to follow them to there car because they are sure that the tracklist is still a fake.

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 02:40 PM
yeah, I 'm gonna lurk behind the shelves and watch while people pick up the album, watch them look at the tracklisting and then cry.
then I'm gonna jump out, point, maybe laugh and scream at them.
just cos i can.

ericwas
04-22-2006, 02:54 PM
yeah, I 'm gonna lurk behind the shelves and watch while people pick up the album, watch them look at the tracklisting and then cry.
then I'm gonna jump out, point, maybe laugh and scream at them.
just cos i can.

i loled

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 02:56 PM
a wise first post too =)

monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 02:56 PM
i loled the bed. LOL... there i go again.

and yes... BEST FIRST POST EVER!!!

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 02:57 PM
loled the bed eh.wow.

bigtard
04-22-2006, 02:58 PM

Obviously.

Metalhos
04-22-2006, 03:38 PM
(..bla..)

gimme a favour: could you please make a pic of your face while listening first time to the album you will buy next week and post it here?

pleaaaase!!!!!!! :D

bigtard
04-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Poll: What percent chance that 10,000 Days is a hoax or a decoy? http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=953210

Metalhos
04-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Poll: What percent chance that 10,000 Days is a hoax or a decoy? http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?p=953210

i've tried to vote for 0.oooo percent. but i couldn't do.. bad ass voting.

Sigurd
04-22-2006, 03:53 PM
I just think come May 2nd every single person is gonna run for the album and flip it over to see the tracklists, like no one will just grab the album and buy it, it will be a mad dash to see the back and figure out what the fuck the truth is.

Metalhos
04-22-2006, 03:59 PM
I just think come May 2nd every single person is gonna run for the album and flip it over to see the tracklists, like no one will just grab the album and buy it, it will be a mad dash to see the back and figure out what the fuck the truth is.

you don't have to wait on this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/thyrane_da/Tool-10000Daysback.jpg

Sigurd
04-22-2006, 04:00 PM
hawt

PoonTaco
04-23-2006, 02:47 AM

and then im gonna tell them that i have a reliable source that says the "other" one is coming out in july.

Ha ha ha.
We should be friends.

Neil
04-23-2006, 02:52 AM
I sincerely apologise if this has been stated before, but, in Kabir's review of 10,000 days from the listening party he went to a week ago, I found a compelling clue to support the hoax theory.

Kabir says that he was told that Viginti Tres is a segue.

Cucumber_11
04-23-2006, 03:37 AM
Kabir says that he was told that Viginti Tres is a segue.

Good point, well made. Surely it would of been referred to as a walk out track, or something similar. Segue just ties pieces of music together.

But perhaps we shouldn't delve too deep into semantics.

peirix
04-23-2006, 03:45 AM
you don't have to wait on this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/thyrane_da/Tool-10000Daysback.jpg

wow. i guess you just proved all the non-believers wrong, didn't you?
mr. S-M-R-T!

joeshabadoo
04-23-2006, 08:55 AM
that "back cover" looks suspiciously photochopped

robbiemay
04-23-2006, 11:40 AM
I don't think the leak is by any means a hoax. I really like it, but that $27 import on amazon is just weird to me, and also keeps the chance alive we might be getting something more on may 16 (import release date) Just ideal thinking, wait and see

allusion7.0
04-23-2006, 02:34 PM

fucking right. eat glass dickweeds. would you spout the same shit if you'd bought the album on May 2nd?

bjornwad
04-23-2006, 02:49 PM
I've only allowed myself to listen to Vicarious and The Pot.

The Pot is stinking HILARIOUS! "who are you to wave your finger? who are you to wave your FATTY FINGERS at me?"

WHAAATTT??!!!???

Did Maynard just say, "Fatty Finger?"

what's next?
"Who are you to wave your Fatty-fat Fatty fat fats fingers? Fatteroni Fatogoli with Cheese!"

anyone else think it's funny?

LeperKhan
04-23-2006, 02:52 PM
This is ridiculous, the people who defend this album to the end and slam anyone who has a contrary thought are being shortsighted and closeminded. There are tons of little inconsistancies and odd things about this album and the way it leaked. You have absolutely no proof that this is without a doubt the real deal. The people on the other side who believe in the hoax dont have any real proof either, but they have plenty of ammo. So the songs are good right? Ok, why does that automatically negate the chance that there is more to this than meets the eye. Being good doesnt prove anything, in fact it only adds more ammo to the hoax side. If it were obviously a joke, then whats the use in trying at all? Im not sure where I land on this, but I am leaning toward there being more than we know at this point. Just try to accept that MANY others feel the same way without running them down and acting self righteous.

Son, I think you just proved that Tool is now it's own religion, along with it's own misguided followers. But which camp is misguided?

I say the people who like this album are the misguided, because I obviously think this album is pretty awful.

Let the jihad roll on.

allusion7.0
04-23-2006, 02:54 PM
It would be funny as fuck if this was really a prank and on May 2nd nothing came out and they made us wait another few years
i giggle in a high voice right here

Lagomorph
04-23-2006, 02:57 PM
pretty sure they are allowed to completly fuck over fans, music stores etc, by giving them false info, false promotion etc, but i am sure they will have to release something may 1st. if they don't it would of been a waste of time and hype, look at the hype 10kd days has started, and when peple realise it was a fake it will only create more publicity.

chodaboy
04-23-2006, 04:44 PM
You guys are supposed to be Tool fans. You are the ones who study every musical note and put every word under a microscope. This is not A+ material. This leak is just full of out takes and gags. It is refreshing to hear them play new songs after a 5 year absence. But a man dying of thirst would be grateful to have a drink of muddy water.

This leak came out of no where. It is very unusual. Things like music and other copyrighted material usually show up on Usenet first not Torrents. And there is more than a single source….That group takes credit for it too. And it was encoded in m4a’s. That is just weird. It’s usually encoded to Mp3’s in either VBR or 256kb or higher. Even if Joe Shmoe got a hold of this album, don’t you think others would as well? This thing wasn’t even in shipment when it was leaked.

If this happens to be the real deal I will Man Up and admit I was wrong….. Could you?

LeperKhan
04-23-2006, 04:55 PM
You know, I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who noticed that this mysterious leak happened right before april 20th. Jesus, there's a song on there about people being high, and the leak happens right before international weed day...

tangent
04-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Still having fun I see ;)

magnolia
04-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Okay chodaboy, we recognize that you're a fucking idiot, but man... your trolling techniques need serious work. For one... try posting something that someone might respect first, then turn around and say something absolutely retarded.

It makes for MUCH better drama.

chodaboy
04-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Okay chodaboy, we recognize that you're a fucking idiot, but man... your trolling techniques need serious work. For one... try posting something that someone might respect first, then turn around and say something absolutely retarded.

It makes for MUCH better drama.

Troll? At least my post had content. Yours is just insults. How about being constructive.

LeperKhan
04-23-2006, 05:23 PM
He's got a point, there. Besides, everyone knows trolling only gets worse when you actually pay attention to the troll. Message Boarding 101.

Of course, Magnolia et al have a poin as well. The first post you made sounded quite retarded, choda, even though there was some content in it. Still, at least you got better, and actually provided a reasoning for believing the decoy theory, instead of just saying "nuh uh, you fucking dumb! Gtfo"

Oh by the way, I feel that "gtfo" is the new "stfu" - a shorthand best used for frustrated Halo players and guys who masturbate while playing Magic Online.

fault
04-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh by the way, I feel that "gtfo" is the new "stfu" - a shorthand best used for frustrated Halo players and guys who masturbate while playing Magic Online.

Wise words. I'm all for a heated debate, but I struggle to bite my lip when morons post such inane attempts at being derogotory. Please put in more effort people, because you appear embarresingly childlike in many of your comments.

Brino
04-23-2006, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE= This forum is full of children. Ya know, the Britney Spears version of Tool fans. Im sure they walk around decked out in black tee shirts and black baggy pants, spouting off about "conformist assholes" and repeating their mantra "think for yourselves, question authority" lol. Tool makes mature music for mature adults.
QUOTE]

I don't think Tool has a "you must be this old to listen" policy. If you enjoy what your listening to why does it matter if you get the deeper meanings, most of the interpreatations on this site probably aren't "right" anyways, but the fact that the music has evoked this much thought and discussion is cool by itself.

Walking around in my black tee and baggy black pants,

-Brian

ryzur
04-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Why does anyone bother to post on here anyways? You can't win on an internet form. I ask myself the question and its because my Ego tells me I'm RIGHT. I know it all. I know the answer and my pigheaded equation will surely change the other pigheaded dumbasses mind. I can't even spell forum right.

Seethus
04-23-2006, 08:20 PM
that "back cover" looks suspiciously photochopped
I think if the band wanted to create a good hoax, they wouldnt have been idiots and photocopied the back!?
God I hate conspiracy theorists...always 'but..'
SHUT UP, ITS REAL, BUY THE ALBUM AND GO AWAY.

kholdstayr
04-23-2006, 08:31 PM
I have seen three times now the last track of the album being referred to something other than what it currently is (a bunch of noise as far as I am concerned). On this forum, in a thread about a Polish interview/review, the Polish reviewer says that the last track of the album is in "interesting instrumental".

The Amazon.com review says that the Viginiti Tres is a "mood enhancing soundscape".

Finally, in the recent Danny Carey interview he mentioned something about the last track being much more fitting or something.

In any case it sounds like Tool might have replaced what we think of as the Viginiti Tres noise track and replaced it with something decent. I can't imagine the opposite happening, where a 5 minute instrumental was the last track and Tool yanked it to replace it with utter shit.

meileen
04-26-2006, 12:40 PM
dont have the leaked material... dont have the leaked material... darn it im dying of curiosity...arggh... still better than arguing though.

mutualusing
04-26-2006, 01:21 PM
this hoax shit is utter lunacy, and anyone still subscribing to the belief that Tool (along with Sony BMG) would spend thousands of pounds recording, promoting and manufacturing a "fake" album is utterly preposterous.

i also find the idea that people would perpetuate such an idea as a joke equally preposterous. but, the longer this shit drags on, the more i hope you folks are having a laugh.

at this point, its farely safe to say that if you believe 10,000 Days is a fake, a joke, a hoax, or some kind of "bad" album, you are an idiot. the proof is behind your eyes.

serenity
04-26-2006, 01:36 PM
i don't quite get the point of this hoax-discussion. i mean, what's the difference? either you like the music - or you don't. personally, i like the "leak version" no matter if it's "genuine tool" or not. the answer to the hoax-question only changes the way i see the band as such, not the music itself.

btw - i really like the idea of a fake album. it would be perfect advertising - just think of all the discussions going on about wheter the leaked version is the real album or not (eg this one :). everybody would be eager to buy the real album as soon as it's in stores to see if he was right about the hoax theory. but after listening to this "hoax" album, i can't really believe that it IS a hoax. nevertheless, as i've said, i like the idea.

muhaaa
04-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Fuck all this hoax shit.
I'll wait 'till 2nd may.

chodaboy
04-26-2006, 02:53 PM
The album is real! I was wrong. However, I still think it is a funny album for the most part. It is hard to take it seriously.

Songs I like

Vicarious-Good, Very Tool sounding.
Wings-Good, but could have been better.

Thats it.

BDT
04-26-2006, 03:00 PM
My friend gave me the leaked album and I broke it in half in front of his face. I will get the album on may 2nd and not steal from the band.

Lagomorph
04-26-2006, 03:12 PM
it's a hoax....

tollll12
04-26-2006, 03:13 PM
He's got a point, there. Besides, everyone knows trolling only gets worse when you actually pay attention to the troll. Message Boarding 101.

Of course, Magnolia et al have a poin as well. The first post you made sounded quite retarded, choda, even though there was some content in it. Still, at least you got better, and actually provided a reasoning for believing the decoy theory, instead of just saying "nuh uh, you fucking dumb! Gtfo"

You can play magic online now? Now my cards won't get all messy

guard77
04-26-2006, 05:06 PM
My friend gave me the leaked album and I broke it in half in front of his face. I will get the album on may 2nd and not steal from the band.

Thats awesome of you. The band members lurk here and sets asside special tickets and backstage passed for self righteous people so I'd check my inbox frequesntly if I were you.

TOOL_Rules
04-27-2006, 01:16 PM

I don't feel I stole from the band. If anything, the leak just sold more copies to me to dole out to friends that I feel ought to know MORE than they think they do about TOOL. I'll be buying 8-9 of them on 5/2 and I have always bought multiple copies of their releases. Why wouldn't you want to spread the wealth about the greatest band on the planet? I believe the majority of the people that downloaded the leak will also buy the CD; even the people who SAY they hate it. It's starting to grow on a lot of those people, but of course they feel like they have to stick to their original opinions. I respect anyone's opinion on whether they like it or not as long as they can support it with reason. Glad the CD is coming out overseas so the hoax talk can finally die down. Jeez, now we can talk about the music that we do have, not what some were expecting and are disappointed about. For those of you that were able to abstain from stealing (I prefer to refer to it as peeking), I take my hat off to you. You are stronger than I. Five years is a long time.

blair's man sausage
04-27-2006, 01:19 PM
if you hate it get over and go buy the new godsmack or rhcp

DON IOTAE
04-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I got a thing or two to say about the whole hoax issue.

:)

DON IOTAE
04-27-2006, 01:38 PM
(...)

(...)

Oh ya, Timmah!!!!!!!

I just gotta say that Lipan is probably the hardest proof we have that the album is a hoax. I mean, have you listened to it, really? I cringe everytime I do. I can't help it. It's bad. It feels improvised. I just can't get past this thought. I'm at the point now where the first half of the album is ok, while the second half is intolerable. You have to put yourself through it to listen to the songs. Not really enjoyable.

Then Rosetta Stoned, well, yeah, Maynard's dick is harder... lol

Anyways, time has passed and it now seems as if the album is in fact real. As a tool fan, I accept it. But all I tell my buddies is that this is Tool's worst effort up to date. Emphasize on the word "effort".

Chill out, dudes

DON IOTAE
04-27-2006, 01:41 PM

Vicariously?

LeperKhan
04-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Aye.

WitlessLiar
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Dude. They have made goofy stuff before. Cries of the Carrots anyone? Don't you see? With the exception of Vicarious, the tracks do not have the elements that make a great tool song. I don't need to be a musician to know that. They are pulling a gag.

Right, you aren't a musician. I'd love to see you try to play any minute of Jambi (save of course the parts where he doesn't play). Time signature changes can be a bitch if you don't know how to play them right. And also, if you didn't notice (and I'm sure you didn't), he leads the other instruments in the time signature changes. Jambi, Rosetta Stoned, The Pot, and Right in Two all as or more complex drumwise alone compared to...say... The Grudge.

Also, The Pot is an amazing song. It has feels from Undertow (right after the opening lyrics), ÆNIMA (toward the end) and Lateralus all in one song.

I'm not going to go on and on, but to end, MJK said this wasn't going to be like his others. He said that it wasn't going to be about the global consciousness or ascension or anything, it's about what he's been dealing with.

But I do hope you're right. If this album's a joke, then I absolutely can't wait for the new one because this kicks ASS.

Howard
04-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Wait, are you serious?

chodaboy
04-27-2006, 04:23 PM
I will be buying the RHCP album though. THe single kicks ass. I just hope the rest of the album doesn't "Shit the bed".

serenity
04-28-2006, 11:44 AM
ok...so...i may have some news for you. here in austria, 10,000 days is already in stores (april 28, 2006). i bought it today. i don't want to say too much about it but there are two things i'd like to say:
1. the cd has a funny case - you will get to see things differently if you buy it :) (at least the version they sell in austria)
2. it is exactly the same as the mp3s i already had. so much for the hoax theory. but again, you mustn't forget two things: i don't know which mp3s YOU have so i can't tell if YOUR mp3s are fake, and maybe there IS a second album to be released soon. who knows?

sincerely,
serenity

bitter_enigma
04-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Maybe the supposed real album, to be released, is the hoax and this album, which was supposedly the hoax... is real!

NEWSFLASH: Tool releases hoax album AFTER real album! 10,000 dead in ensuing confusion...

Ardhanarishvara
05-01-2006, 02:52 AM
Troll? At least my post had content. Yours is just insults. How about being constructive.

chodaboy, i hardly consider your original post to be constructive.
the use of, how should i put this, 'destructive' language such as "plain sux. I hope this never makes it to the stores. ", "God Damn, I shit the bed! It is so good. ", "What kinda ***gy shit is that" and "LOL" are not what i consider to be good stimulus for intellectual discussions, hence the waves of flame.

although i have been quick to dismiss rumours that 10000 days is a haox (mainly because no human being would use the tragic struggles of one's own mother in a practical joke), i personally am somewhat undecided over whether or not i like the new album. On the one hand, i have not been able to stop listening to it since i purchased it on the 29th (aus release date)(it's going through about the 23rd repeat as i type[yes, pure coincidence that it's the 23rd play{i'm actually not even sure that's the exact figure just an estimate}, please don't make anything of it]). In my lectures at uni, i can't stop thinking about the songs. Yet on the other hand, i too have found that Danny's drumming sounds somewhat simplistic(wait, read on). However, on closer inspection, when i really focus on listening to the drumming and try to tap along, it seems just as aqueous and intricate as that of previous albums. I think (yes, my speculation) the bandmembers have not kept as much focus on mathematical (sacred geometrical) aspects of their music. I read an interview with Danny Carey in Inpress (local melbourne street music mag) that Tool's writing process is actually nothing like the common misconception of carefully planned geometrical principles and layered themes, rather, it's a very natural and spontaneous process. It's after they acquire the general direction of each song, that they begin to polish and refine it to the detailed finished pieces that we enjoy.

i think that the reason why some of you don't quite enjoy 10000 days is because Tool has left us with no new materials for 5 years now, and their old stuff has had a lot of time to mature in our minds. Tool fans have been left to build up umm...let's just say 'mind blowing' expectations of the new record based on lateralus, so when faced with such unexpected evolutionary directions, everyone is like "LOL WTF ZOMG h4x0r!!!"<--- yeah i know how stupid this last sentence is, but i can't think of anything better at the moment.

my point is (for those of your who wisely chose to skip my insane rant) give the CD a few more spins, listen to it carefully, play it in the background, give it time.

i'll apologise once more for my rant, i hope you enjoy my brackets withing brackets withing brackets. hahahaha

chodaboy
05-01-2006, 07:33 AM
chodaboy, i hardly consider your original post to be constructive.
the use of, how should i put this, 'destructive' language such as "plain sux. I hope this never makes it to the stores. ", "God Damn, I shit the bed! It is so good. ", "What kinda ***gy shit is that" and "LOL" are not what i consider to be good stimulus for intellectual discussions, hence the waves of flame.

although i have been quick to dismiss rumours that 10000 days is a haox (mainly because no human being would use the tragic struggles of one's own mother in a practical joke), i personally am somewhat undecided over whether or not i like the new album. On the one hand, i have not been able to stop listening to it since i purchased it on the 29th (aus release date)(it's going through about the 23rd repeat as i type[yes, pure coincidence that it's the 23rd play{i'm actually not even sure that's the exact figure just an estimate}, please don't make anything of it]). In my lectures at uni, i can't stop thinking about the songs. Yet on the other hand, i too have found that Danny's drumming sounds somewhat simplistic(wait, read on). However, on closer inspection, when i really focus on listening to the drumming and try to tap along, it seems just as aqueous and intricate as that of previous albums. I think (yes, my speculation) the bandmembers have not kept as much focus on mathematical (sacred geometrical) aspects of their music. I read an interview with Danny Carey in Inpress (local melbourne street music mag) that Tool's writing process is actually nothing like the common misconception of carefully planned geometrical principles and layered themes, rather, it's a very natural and spontaneous process. It's after they acquire the general direction of each song, that they begin to polish and refine it to the detailed finished pieces that we enjoy.

i think that the reason why some of you don't quite enjoy 10000 days is because Tool has left us with no new materials for 5 years now, and their old stuff has had a lot of time to mature in our minds. Tool fans have been left to build up umm...let's just say 'mind blowing' expectations of the new record based on lateralus, so when faced with such unexpected evolutionary directions, everyone is like "LOL WTF ZOMG h4x0r!!!"<--- yeah i know how stupid this last sentence is, but i can't think of anything better at the moment.

my point is (for those of your who wisely chose to skip my insane rant) give the CD a few more spins, listen to it carefully, play it in the background, give it time.

i'll apologise once more for my rant, i hope you enjoy my brackets withing brackets withing brackets. hahahaha

Granted I did use a lot of Internet slang, I still pointed out that there is something strange about a lot of the songs. Music being recycled, some of the drums missing, and so on.

I really wanted them to pull it off. It is something that is totally like them. However, they may have just grown tired of all of that and just released the album. I would blame Blair mostly for this whole thing. If his newsletters weren't so god damned cryptic, I don't think there would be so much confusion.

Ya, by the way. Have you seen others posts on this forum? There are a ton of assholes. There the ones that say, "FUCK YOU!" "YOU SHOULD DIE". The best one is, the whole idea if you don't like the album you shouldn't be on this forum.

My post is genius compared to them.

britishempire
05-01-2006, 10:13 AM
You know what's "totally like them"?

Their new album. Which leaked before it was released and is now in my posession.

I would think less of them as a band if they went to this much effort just to fuck around with their fans. What would be the point? Would it make them "cool" to make such a big and convincing hoax?

No. It'd just be pretentious and stupid.

Carny_Handles
05-01-2006, 11:33 AM
exactly, finally there's more and more people getting the joke. I've been saying it from the very beginning and hardly anyone took me seriously. The first time i listend to vicarious on the radio i literally laughed out loud at the 'la laa laaaha llaa part' its so obvious maynard is fucking with us there. While I dig the new material, there is a bigger part of me thinking this has to be a huge joke. Im happy tool is doing it though, like the tread starter said they will go down in rock in roll history for this... as if they werent already for being brilliant musicians.

..honestly people, take undertow for fucks sake.. compare it to '10,000 days' come on get a clue.

i liked someone’s political theory of '10,000 days' how its the bands way of drawing similarities between them lying to the public and bush doing the same with "WMD'S". I remember from the get go after sept. 11th i was sure bush was going to somehow tie that into iraq and invade them. I argued to the death with many republicans and some democrats, and now they see the light. Time tells all.

tangent
05-01-2006, 11:44 AM
exactly, finally there's more and more people getting the joke. I've been saying it from the very beginning and hardly anyone took me seriously. The first time i listend to vicarious on the radio i literally laughed out loud at the 'la laa laaaha llaa part' its so obvious maynard is fucking with us there. While I dig the new material, there is a bigger part of me thinking this has to be a huge joke. Im happy tool is doing it though, like the tread starter said they will go down in rock in roll history for this... as if they werent already for being brilliant musicians.

..honestly people, take undertow for fucks sake.. compare it to '10,000 days' come on get a clue.

i liked someone’s political theory of '10,000 days' how its the bands way of drawing similarities between them lying to the public and bush doing the same with "WMD'S". I remember from the get go after sept. 11th i was sure bush was going to somehow tie that into iraq and invade them. I argued to the death with many republicans and some democrats, and now they see the light. Time tells all.

Hmm... I didn't think The Pot or Vicarious live even made me like them much better... Well part of Vicarious was very good at the end but still meh... I'd love if it was all fake... And I also laughed when I heard the "la la la la la la la lie" :\

chodaboy
05-01-2006, 11:53 AM
They have now played the songs live. I am not sure if it is a joke album anymore.....

Volrath
05-01-2006, 11:53 AM

Wait, am I misreading this post? Do you still think 10,000 days is a hoax, even if it's already being sold all over Europe and Australia and in some parts of the States? If you still are thinking that, well than you are what I would call delusional.

blair's man sausage
05-01-2006, 01:04 PM

yeah let's compare it to an album they put out 13 years ago...for fuck's sake why didn't they just make undertow 2....

chodaboy
05-01-2006, 01:10 PM
yeah let's compare it to an album they put out 13 years ago...for fuck's sake why didn't they just make undertow 2....

I think what people are trying to say is that 10,000 Days is not as good as their previous work. Sure they have some riffs and such from their previous work, but that makes it even worse. I think the camp that doesn't like the album isn't looking for a sequel. I think they are looking for more effort. I personall think 10,000 days was just "slapped together". The quality of the album as a whole is sub-tool. Some of the songs are good. But none of them really turn me upside down. All their previous work did.

chodaboy
05-01-2006, 01:15 PM
10,000 Days > Undertow by lightyears

I would disagree.

Carny_Handles
05-01-2006, 01:32 PM

your reading comprehension is inexcusable, is English your second language?

Volrath
05-01-2006, 01:44 PM
The quality of the album as a whole is sub-tool. Some of the songs are good. But none of them really turn me upside down. All their previous work did.
If you weren't turned upside down by the brutal honesty that was Wings/10kd then I don't know what would...

chodaboy
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
If you weren't turned upside down by the brutal honesty that was Wings/10kd then I don't know what would...

As stated before, I believe Wings to be a good song, not great though. The lyrics were straight from the heart. I believe Disposition/Reflection to be better. Sound and lyricly. Even thirdeye was better.

Volrath
05-01-2006, 01:53 PM
I consider 10,000 days (the song mind you) to be the pinacle of Tool's prog history. Seriously fuck pushit and fuck D/R/T. 10,000 days is where the heart is.

Edit: fuck pushit might have been a bit harsh. Great song but Wings is better imo.

chodaboy
05-01-2006, 01:56 PM
I consider 10,000 days (the song mind you) to be the pinacle of Tool's prog history. Seriously fuck pushit and fuck D/R/T. 10,000 days is where the heart is.

Lyricly, I would agree with you. The song itself just builds and builds with no real payoff.