PDA

View Full Version : to all those bitching about "they played this live OMG"

dracomordag
04-22-2006, 06:37 AM
Pink Floyd toured the near entirety of Dark Side of the Moon (then called Eclipse) before they even got to a recording studio

King Crimson constantly plays and debuts new material months, even years, before the album would come out

Tool has done this before, with parts of Lateralus songs appearing on the Aenima tour.

stop citing this as any sort of proof about whatever theories you have. good day.

minnull
04-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Agreed, some people are just bitter because the album wasnt Lateralus II: Cruze Control

God damn, spiral out

Scratch
04-22-2006, 08:39 AM
YEAH! SPIRAL OUT! THINK FOR YOURSELF! QUOTE MAYNARD!!!!!111

Scrunzset
04-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Yes, even Sober was played during the Opiate tour, and Stinkfist and Eulogy during Undertow.... so there.

leonard shelby
04-22-2006, 11:06 AM
i think half of undertow is from opiate days

Archetypically
04-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Yes, even Sober was played during the Opiate tour, and Stinkfist and Eulogy during Undertow.... so there.
I have a demo CD of Tool with Sober on it along with most of the Opiate songs.

04-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Yup. The Tool demo has Crawl Away and Sober on it at least.

hbynoe
04-22-2006, 01:32 PM
yeah i know i dont see what the fuss is at all..it is beautiful to know
that part of a sound you have heard before
has been built up to this...what we have now...shit

Sea of Lies
04-22-2006, 02:03 PM

Yes they play bottom, sober, swamp song and crawl away since Opiate times. I have a video from may 2, 92, at this bar at philadelphia, like 15 ppl inside, and TOOL playing... BTW crawl away's not played with dropped D tuning, it's normal EAD..etc

crimble
04-23-2006, 06:11 AM
J.C. Dobbs is where that Video on Philly is from, the place is on South St. is is now called the Pontaic Grill, but may have changed since I left Philly 2 years ago.

tomhet
04-23-2006, 08:56 PM
I agree with you, dracomordag, but I don't think Tool need anyone to defend their songs. It's OK for you, maybe, but what if some one else doesn't like their reusing old material? They are the ones who will ultimately decide if they buy the album or not.

You are comparing Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon with 10k days. Ok, but do I have to remind you that the Floyd released constantly new material? In the years before "Eclipse" they were writing other albums, endlessly touring. After TDSOTM they went on. I mean, Tool is bragging about with their new album, for which we waited 5 years, and we don't hear much new. And that's kinda disappointing. I like the song alright, but this album is not as magnifiscent as Lateralus or Aenima. It simply isn't.

RepelHistory
04-24-2006, 09:31 AM
I'm sure I'm not the first person to bring this up, but there's no way this song was completed at the same time as Lateralus, even if they played parts of it during the Lateralus tour. This song is about the death of Maynard's mother, who died after the Lateralus tour was completed.

drumtool
04-25-2006, 03:38 AM
You are comparing Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon with 10k days. Ok, but do I have to remind you that the Floyd released constantly new material? In the years before "Eclipse" they were writing other albums, endlessly touring. After TDSOTM they went on. I mean, Tool is bragging about with their new album, for which we waited 5 years, and we don't hear much new. And that's kinda disappointing. I like the song alright, but this album is not as magnifiscent as Lateralus or Aenima. It simply isn't.

i havent heard TOOL bragging about their new album(only fans)you are lying to support YOUR argument without proof of fact.

begmetostay
04-26-2006, 09:19 AM
wait wait wait.... some people already got to hear this live..... and they're complaining?

Tone Loc
04-26-2006, 02:05 PM
wait wait wait.... some people already got to hear this live..... and they're complaining?

No, that's not it at all.

Some people noticed that the guitar part from the opening of Wings part 1 was played as an interlude during some shows on the last Lateralus tour. They're inferring from this that the album is a hoax. Beats the shit out of me how that chain of logic works, but there it is.

LordKrishna
04-26-2006, 09:30 PM
a band like tool, with so much time between albums, probably sits on their material for years, meditates on it, and tweaks it to their utmost liking before the stuff makes it onto an album. i wouldn't be surprised of some of you lucky ticket-holders heard some things from the next album.