PDA

View Full Version : Why $70?

D-Day_Daddy
04-22-2006, 05:53 AM
Can anyone explain why Tool tickets for this promo tour are $70. I know we've been waiting for a while, but it seems like they're taking advantage of their fans. Unless something very special is going to happen there. But if you're going to charge $70 or concert tickets, then you've got to drop the the cloak and dagger shit you and let people know.

Alveolate
04-22-2006, 05:55 AM
because they know we'll buy them. they know that we're sitting infront of comps. right now waiting anxiously for 10:00.

D-Day_Daddy
04-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Opps, wrong section to post this in.

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 06:00 AM
Can anyone explain why Tool tickets for this promo tour are $70. I know we've been waiting for a while, but it seems like they're taking advantage of their fans. Unless something very special is going to happen there. But if you're going to charge $70 or concert tickets, then you've got to drop the the cloak and dagger shit you and let people know.

maybe it's cos they think fans took advantage of them for downloading their new album for free. illegally. I dunno.
I only had to pay 30 euros for the gig Im going to, so tis all good.

badgertool
04-22-2006, 06:08 AM
You have to think about the cost to put the show on. Even a bare bones instruments and two-spot light show is going to be expensive to put on in a venue that only holds around 2000 people. Therefore the few privileged people who get to see this show have to share more of the burden. It is also a way to filter out diehard fans from the casual ones. When the arena tour comes, I would bet money that the tickets will be back down to around $40. The more people sharing the costs-the lower the price. Tool has never been one to rape their fans on the cost of tickets or merchandise. Get excited about the possibility of an intimate show with the greatest live band (in my opinion) in the world.

eulogys
04-22-2006, 06:29 AM
You have to think about the cost to put the show on. Even a bare bones instruments and two-spot light show is going to be expensive to put on in a venue that only holds around 2000 people. Therefore the few privileged people who get to see this show have to share more of the burden. It is also a way to filter out diehard fans from the casual ones. When the arena tour comes, I would bet money that the tickets will be back down to around $40. The more people sharing the costs-the lower the price. Tool has never been one to rape their fans on the cost of tickets or merchandise. Get excited about the possibility of an intimate show with the greatest live band (in my opinion) in the world.

That's pretty much right on the money as far as why the tickets are so fucking expensive. As for the arena tour, I'm guessing the tickets will be in the 50-60 range when all your fee's and charges are added to the face value of the tickets. Most of the Lateralus shows I saw cost me in the low-mid $40's. I think the cost of a ticket went up at least 15-20% in the last 4 years.

badgertool
04-22-2006, 06:46 AM
I saw Tool four times on the Lateralus tour; Fort Worth, Austin, Dallas and San Antonio. Face price was $39.50 on all four tickets so your right with all the charges $50. It's been a while since I have been to a concert, so I am sure tickets have gone up. Transpertation cost have, so the expense will be passed along to us. At least they are not like some bands starting prices at $75 and going up to a rent payment from their.