PDA

View Full Version : storm.

jessicajessjessica
04-22-2006, 02:49 AM
im impressed with the sampling of a storm in this song, because it sorta could add to the effect of the shakespearean chaos theory, that all order is lost through the beginning or order is restored through the end of a storm.

thats just how i interpreted it, so i was impressed not only with the beauty of the wings 1 and 2, but the possible layering of intertextuality to read deeper into the song(s).

thankyou.

jklanham
04-22-2006, 02:59 AM
hey who's this,who votes to get jessicajessicajessica off the forum,where not talking about storms here..were here to talk about relevant things.

jessicajessjessica
04-22-2006, 03:00 AM
just like you were vulnerable last night hahahaa,

seneca77
04-22-2006, 06:59 AM
you must hear this song in 5.1, unbelievable

Scratch
04-22-2006, 08:45 AM
how did you hear it in 5.1? who are you?

jaydawg53
04-22-2006, 08:08 PM
im impressed with the sampling of a storm in this song, because it sorta could add to the effect of the shakespearean chaos theory, that all order is lost through the beginning or order is restored through the end of a storm.

thats just how i interpreted it, so i was impressed not only with the beauty of the wings 1 and 2, but the possible layering of intertextuality to read deeper into the song(s).

thankyou.

I must admit, I really liek this song; definitely my favorite on the album. (Especially after I learned what it is really about) However, the first time I heard the thunder, I just thought "Oh what the hell? Thunder? Come on Maynard, you aren't Garth Brooks!"

I guess that I'm already used to it and don't think about it anymore when I hear it, but that was my first reaction to it.

Just thought I'd share.

Placid_Storm
04-22-2006, 10:17 PM
The first time I listened to this song, I was driving down the road at night. When I heard the thunder, I started looking up at the sky. But there was no breeze blowing or lightning or anything. This went on for a while; then I realized it was a part of the song. Dumbass me.

pussErox
04-24-2006, 08:57 PM
im impressed with the sampling of a storm in this song

(-)ions