PDA

View Full Version : Its' a hoax...

HalfASandwidch
04-21-2006, 08:47 PM
So I hope... Then I will have two fucking awesome albums to listen to. (Unless of course the second is just Maynard farting in the mic, which would still be great.)

implandnoises
04-21-2006, 08:52 PM
HAHA

I bet the band are scrambling around right now trying to put together another record so the ones who believe the hoax theory will snap it up only to find that it's 77 minutes of the four of them laughing their fucking arses off.

right_in_three
04-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Maynard doesnt fart, he schisms.

HalfASandwidch
HAHA

I bet the band are scrambling around right now trying to put together another record so the ones who believe the hoax theory will snap it up only to find that it's 77 minutes of the four of them laughing their fucking arses off.
I'm sure someone will enjoy that...

HalfASandwidch
FTW

Untamed
04-21-2006, 08:55 PM

thought I had an lol for that, but it left me.

Alcawhorlick
04-21-2006, 09:06 PM
HAHA

That album would be heralded on toolnavy as "TOOL PUSHING THE ENVELOPE" "TOTALLY UNIQUE" "LIKE NOTHING THEY'VE DONE BEFORE"
and last but not least
"53% of us cried when we heard that album"

HalfASandwidch
04-21-2006, 09:08 PM
That album would be heralded on toolnavy as "TOOL PUSHING THE ENVELOPE" "TOTALLY UNIQUE" "LIKE NOTHING THEY'VE DONE BEFORE"
and last but not least
"53% of us cried when we heard that album"
I totally disagree with that... It will be 87%...

HolyReality
04-21-2006, 09:10 PM
I totally disagree with that... It will be 87%...
hey, I cried when I heard the album. tears of joy.

HalfASandwidch
04-21-2006, 09:19 PM
hey, I cried when I heard the album. tears of joy.
So then this album is a hoax! And this man has heard Maynard farting into the mic!

resonance.
04-21-2006, 09:28 PM
The album is teh gay. Rosetta Stoned is good for a minute thirty, starting at 3:00. The vocals are also effected with heavy gay, as to make it sound as inorganic as possible. You can almost hear what it _should_ sound like.

mingi
04-21-2006, 09:34 PM
if you dont like the new album then you dont like tool!!!!

resonance.
04-21-2006, 10:00 PM
this isn't the same band

resonance.
04-21-2006, 10:05 PM
So you want the band to always be the same and never change.

Boring.

No. The band sounds different from album to album, but there have been a series of dynamics that remain constant. Refinement, buildup/climax, a generalized theme, good mastering, and perfection. Always trying to push the envelope... I believe this is a decoy because it makes the most sense.

Bewilderme
04-21-2006, 10:20 PM
No. The band sounds different from album to album, but there have been a series of dynamics that remain constant. Refinement, buildup/climax, a generalized theme, good mastering, and perfection. Always trying to push the envelope... I believe this is a decoy because it makes the most sense.

So you say this album lacks those elements. I disagree. My pants are on fire.

s ti N Kfizt
04-21-2006, 10:27 PM

Boring.
yeah.. makes me sad to read those fan reviews like ''THIS ALBUM SUCKS!! BRING THE OLD TOOL BACK!!!! ::((('' ......

edit/ for example this review i read somewhere:

''I havelistened to this album only once, but thats all i need, the other tool recordings were instant classics, if they were'nt right away, there would be elements that would draw me back to them, good sound great for people who are just getting into progressive rock,but my suggestion would be wait another 10,000 days and hope tool gets it right again ( Danny mentioned rather bizzarly about the new direction of a more angrier band making reference to there president being the cause of there frustrations) this is no political album by any stretches of the imagination nor is it angrier in fact this would be there slowest to date i dont hear any memorable lines being screamed with the feriocity of certain opiate or animea tracks, disapointing even the title put me off''

the first sentence is horrible.. :/

trentazer
04-21-2006, 10:40 PM
No no no. You're all wrong. You see this isn't Tool. This is a new band because Maynard pulled a Hannibal Lecter on Billy Howerdel. Billy is currently in Maynards large intestine and he's giving him new and gaseous ideas. This isn't a hoax album because this isn't Tool. This is A Perfect Tool. Its different.

</fake rant>

HalfASandwidch
04-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Hey stfu this thread isn't about if you like the album or not.

trip0r
04-22-2006, 12:48 AM
if you dont like the new album then you dont like tool!!!!

haha.. ridiculous

bigtard
04-22-2006, 12:51 AM

Boring.

Good change is good. Bad change is bad. Pretty simple.

Master Of Puppets
04-22-2006, 01:16 AM
Lateralus was the hoax album for 10,000 Days.

implandnoises
04-22-2006, 01:20 AM
Lateralus was the hoax album for 10,000 Days.

haha but seriously, if we could transport these confused minds back in time, they really would think that Opiate was the hoax version of Undertow.

Ryan
04-22-2006, 01:32 AM
here are my thoughts on this hoax debacle:

- leaked album, mp4 format, no source of leak

- no images of actual packaging itself made way to internet

- blair's post in newsletter

- "best thing we've ever done"

- shittiness of music

- wouldn't put it past tool to do something this ridiculous

there is enough evidence on both sides of the scale for it to be either real or fake.

implandnoises
04-22-2006, 01:36 AM
there is enough evidence on both sides of the scale for it to be either real or fake.

I guess it all comes down to how sensible you are.