PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 days // Judith

confidereme
04-21-2006, 08:37 PM
does anyone think maynard wrote both of the songs at the same time and APC chose to do 'judith' so maynard saved the lyrics and made '10.000 days'?? if so what does it mean to the album? don't get me wrong, i think this song is amazing and honestly i almost cried listening to it, maynard get so passionate it is wonderful.

first post, please be nice : ]

discuss?

sifted
04-21-2006, 08:52 PM
no, i don't think so. the context of both songs is completely different, so i doubt he could of felt both ways at the same time with such a diverse message in each. obviously, judith was written before his mother died when he was questioning her faith, etc. and 10,000 days was written after she died as a way of coming to terms with her faith. two completely different views. which is what i think is really beautiful about both of the songs.

imatoolhed
04-21-2006, 09:00 PM
judith, the noose, wings for marie, 10,000 days[wings pt 2], that's the order they go in.all are toolriffic!!!!!!!!!
TOOL LIVES!!!!!!!!!

confidereme
04-21-2006, 09:03 PM
touché sifted. still i'm left with a feeling that something is connecting the two. other than just his mother being the subject and maynard being the writer.

sifted
04-21-2006, 09:12 PM
touché sifted. still i'm left with a feeling that something is connecting the two. other than just his mother being the subject and maynard being the writer.

i think it's her death that connects them, the transition between the two.

also, like imatoolhed said, the noose from apc could quite possibly fit in betwwen the two as well. it's not quite as harsh as judith, but isn't fully accepting, like the message in 10,000 days.

confidereme
04-21-2006, 09:18 PM
thank you guys for being nice with my first post. things a clearer now...

think there is already a line outside the box office? when should i go check??

bwood99x
04-21-2006, 10:27 PM
judith - 1999, judith still alive
10,000 days -2006 judith has died...not written at the same time
another guy said that maynard wrote the lyrics for lateralus....