PDA

View Full Version : Holy fuck this song IS SO FREAKIN' GOOD

Mosis
04-21-2006, 08:06 PM
I mean, I think every track on this album rocks. But today, something about Right in Two just grabbed me.

The melodies are mesmerizing. The tabla owns me. The lyrics are brilliant. The heavy part fucking blows me away. Shivers up the spine, goosebumps and all that great stuff. This is Reflection Part 2, and it fucking lives up to the standard. This song is mindblowing. For those who says Wings Pt. 1 and 2 is the best song, hell, i'd say this song gives it a LOT of competition.

MASTERFULLY composed

JeffSnow
04-21-2006, 08:18 PM
I love right in two, and yes it may be the best, but "the pot" is so damn catchy I love it

spunkwater
04-21-2006, 08:34 PM
i think after two times through "right in two" stuck out as the most memorable song, with the exception of vicarious as i hadn't listened to anything but that for three days prior.

i was combing through the forums (i am new to them) and i didn't know where else to comment about the meaning of the song, so i chose this thread. i think the commentary is in reference to war, on several levels (not to sound obvious). but in addition to the direct references to fighting, i see others that fit. for example, when i heard the chorus "right in two" for the first time, i immediately thought of soldiers marching - marching in 2, or even soldiers marching 2 by 2 (har-rah, har-rah). the image of monkeys can also be indicative of several things, perhaps most overtly the difference between apes and humans (our ability to reason and not resort to violence), as well as a reference to dubya himself. i mean, he does look like a monkey sometimes.

so i am for now taking this song to be in reference to war in general, sparked perhaps by the iraq war. i enjoy the lyric content regardless of its intent, and the music is great.

HalfASandwidch
04-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Well I'm pretty sure this is about what humans do in general, not just war. We fight over everything and anything. But I totally agree with the George looking like a monkey part. And yes this song is fucking amazing. I got chills at the heavy part at the end as well. The bass and drums fucking shine there.

right_in_three
04-21-2006, 08:49 PM
The first time I heard this song my CD kept skipping around 3 mins and then would just cut out. I got robbed.

But then i listened to it on my comp and life was grand.

zerotwilight
04-21-2006, 09:12 PM
At first it did not catch me as the best song on the album.

and it still does not. but ->

I have listened to the album over and over (In the past 3 days :/ ) , maybe selfishly and foolishly, but i must admit this song is growing , and growing on me. I love the melodies and how it builds up, it almost seems reminesient of something i might have previously heard by the band. ? or not.

Kinda supprised because before i heard the album i read "kabar's" review on the album and he said this was his fav. song and i could not fathom it on the 1st listen.

chickenweasel
04-21-2006, 09:24 PM
yes, yes, it is good.
the melodies are SOOOO beautiful. I CRAVE hearing this song live. Fingers crossed for Coachella and Oakland.

Attila
04-21-2006, 10:35 PM
I wasn't a big fan of this song at first, but I started listening to it more and more and I must say its probably my favorite song on the album. 10,000 Days is a great track as well.

Alex in Chains
04-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Well I'm pretty sure this is about what humans do in general, not just war. We fight over everything and anything. But I totally agree with the George looking like a monkey part. And yes this song is fucking amazing. I got chills at the heavy part at the end as well. The bass and drums fucking shine there.

In fact, one could even make the argument for it applying to the enemy of the US in this war. "Monkey fighting monkey fighting monkey over pieces of the ground" sure sounds like the Middle East when we're NOT there.

Untamed
04-22-2006, 12:13 AM

Hell yea, the guitar is screaming "Hey Tom Morello, we remember you man" . Fucking love it.

macfreak
04-22-2006, 12:16 AM
amazing song...i love the album i didnt a few days ago...wings for marie and 10,000 days are so good ..

Lost Keys
04-22-2006, 12:20 AM
yeah this song really hit me today too. i played it at work when everyone left and it echoed through the whole warehouse. it touches me the way reflection does.

vicariouslyeye
04-22-2006, 05:59 AM
this song always reminds me about ernie cline :D

oneredflag
04-22-2006, 06:20 AM
Right in two:
1st listen: WTF

2nd listen: HMMMMM...well ok

3ed listen: WOW, just WOW

dancingflame
04-22-2006, 06:30 AM
I guess if i wouldn`t like the rest of the album I`d still buy it because of this song...

Harry Manback
04-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Definitely the highlight of the album for me. The rest is amazing, but this is just epic and stands out.