PDA

View Full Version : tool and new stuff

skinnyan
04-21-2006, 08:03 PM
I have been a tool fan for some time now, since my adolescence. There was a time when I thought this band was more than the rest. But I’ve come to face the facts. 1. The new single is a lateralus rip off. And 2. What I found in tool is gone. Lets face it; tool fans are the modern day Catholics, refusing to admit that it’s wrong. Becoming so defensive when confronted with criticism so obviously true. Lyrics about people enjoying the violence on tv. You dumb fucks, it human nature to get off on it. MJK and all you fuks want so bad to be more than the depressing sheep that you are. The truth is that it’s all you will ever be, dieing just like the rest of us. You listen to tool for same reasons the sheep go to church, but you think you’re above it. Just because you feel the bumps on your skin when you listen doesn’t mean its true. I can’t wait to see you at all the shows thinking your going to live forever. You will be rotting away in the ground next to me soon enough. Sad fuks, I hope your closest family members get cancer just like mine did.

Teratoma
04-21-2006, 08:20 PM
someone needs a hug...

Futureal
04-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Yawn.

right_in_three
04-21-2006, 08:37 PM
It's harry manback.

Untamed
04-21-2006, 09:08 PM
I have been a tool fan for some time now, since my adolescence. There was a time when I thought this band was more than the rest. But I’ve come to face the facts. 1. The new single is a lateralus rip off. And 2. What I found in tool is gone. Lets face it; tool fans are the modern day Catholics, refusing to admit that it’s wrong. Becoming so defensive when confronted with criticism so obviously true. Lyrics about people enjoying the violence on tv. You dumb fucks, it human nature to get off on it. MJK and all you fuks want so bad to be more than the depressing sheep that you are. The truth is that it’s all you will ever be, dieing just like the rest of us. You listen to tool for same reasons the sheep go to church, but you think you’re above it. Just because you feel the bumps on your skin when you listen doesn’t mean its true. I can’t wait to see you at all the shows thinking your going to live forever. You will be rotting away in the ground next to me soon enough. Sad fuks, I hope your closest family members get cancer just like mine did.

MJK is pretty much admitting guilt in this song you bozo. He's just as fucked up as the rest of us. Just makes the relationship seem alot more real.

Also, this sheep nonsense has go to go man. We're all fucking sheep. This was clearly established at the dawn of time. "If I'm the man, then your the man, and he's the fucking man as well." It's all some bullshit circle, and only the "elites" think they are not included in that circle, I got news for you, welcome to life man, no matter what beleifs you hold, your still a friggin sheep, just like the rest of us.

rocco
04-21-2006, 09:35 PM
The only thing I'll grant skinnyan - to paraphrase Andre3000, you're only as funky as your latest track.

However: how can a band 'rip off' their own work? It's obviously their signature. Did Picasso's Guernica rip off his earlier Minotaur works?

As for the vicarious pleasure of the death of others: we are beasts, after all, and violent ones at that. Life feeds on life, remember?

zerotwilight
04-21-2006, 10:59 PM
It's harry manback.

lol right_in_three, my thoughts exactly. perfect post in regard to the situation .

"1. The new single is a lateralus rip off."

- Almost true, its the only song on the album that distinctly reminds me anything off lateralus.........mmm but regardless and beyond comparison and still rocks my wrld. (worst song on the album btw, but thats like saying the grudge sucked)

"2. What I found in tool is gone. Lets face it; tool fans are the modern day Catholics"

WTF where and how do you make this comparison? your 2nd argument is a total joke :) nothing more to say on this.

oh nice, only 2 points that didn't make sense at all. $, gg

Scratch
04-22-2006, 05:59 AM
vicarious is the shit. if you dont like it, why are you on a tool fan board? we dont need your criticism. go listen to limp bizkit dude

Sisyphos
04-22-2006, 06:12 AM

I don't think Tool is a church for anyone here. Most of us like the music, find the texts interesting and probably thought-provoking. Isn't that good enough? Isn't that well?

I'm amused by being called a "sheep" by some stranger on the internet who makes generalizing statements about others. I believe I can speak for the majority of the people on this board when I say that we hold opinions different from those the members of Tool have, we do a lot more than listening to Tool and generally have little time left to pray to the eternal Tool-god.

Also, you stated having been into Tool since your adolescence - your style of writing and orthographic accuracy make it hard to believe you discovered Tool any earlier than 2005. From what you posted, I can only deduce that your concepts about religions are very simple as well.

Finally, sorry about the cancerous history of your family.

crushinator
04-22-2006, 08:21 AM
I will grant that Tool has lost a bit of its mystique for me, whether because I have grown older or because it seems that the lyric writing for Vicarious was outsourced to Green Day, I do not know.

I think I'm probably just jealous of everyone else who can still feel the music - I can't anymore, it's just a good song, nothing more.

macfreak
04-22-2006, 08:35 AM
MJK writes whats on his mind. It has always been that way right? so we all know war and violence (emotive, vicarious) are in his mind now and whats wrong with that? maybe we are fucked up ...Great album vicarious rules

Reagunn
04-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Sad fuks, I hope your closest family members get cancer just like mine did.
Just because I like the new album?
Jeeeeez, sorry.

QuantumMind
04-22-2006, 03:19 PM
that is so immature to wish something bad upon someone just because it happened to you. I hope you get cancer and your family member gets better.

A WalkAbout
04-22-2006, 03:54 PM
i hope you get pooed on today.

Eon Black Apocalypse
04-22-2006, 04:18 PM
that is so immature to wish something bad upon someone just because it happened to you. I hope you get cancer and your family member gets better.

"Figlio di puttana, sai che tu sei un pezzo di merda?
Hm? you think you’re cool, right? hm? hm?
When you kicked out people out of your house
I tell you this, one of three americans die of cancer,
You know? asshole. you’re gonna be one of those.
I don’t have the courage
To kick your ass directly.
Don’t have enough courage for that,
I could, you know.
You know you’re gonna have another accident?
You know I’m involved with black magic?
Fuck you. die. bastard.
You think you’re so cool, hm? asshole.
And if I ever see your fucking face around,
In europe or italy,
Well I’ll -- that time I’m gonna kick your ass.
Fuck you. fucking americans, yankee.
You’re gonna die outta cancer, I promise.
bang bang
No one does what you did to me.
You wanna know something? fuck you.
I want your balls smashed, eat shit. bastard.
Pezzo di merda, figlio di puttana.
I hope somebody in your family dies soon.
Crepa, pezzo di merda, e vai
A sucare cazzi su un aereo!"

Amen. XD

jedi_head
04-23-2006, 03:22 AM
above post equals brilliant.

coyote
04-26-2006, 01:26 PM
also i don't agree with skinnyan, i see he got a critical point there.
just say why you all (i guess) like tool so far more than any other heavy, emotional, angry (whatever ...) band

they seem so radical on some points, but other bands tend to radical things too.

what's the difference?

i don't wanna play the enlighted here, but in my opinion it's the ambiguity of the lyrics or even more the intonation. a very thin line between irony and bitter seriousness. for example i'm thinking of the story, i once read in an interview regarding the video of prison sex. one of the tool members said somethings like this: "mtv [or something like that] finally asked if our song now is for or against child abuse. just how fucked can you be?"

so, i'm not trying to say that tool could be in one or another way for child abuse, but the track has also another note (type) on it. at first (ok, so far i had'nt seen the video) i understood that as a comment to ...uh, intersexuell relationship (yeah, sounds uptight), with a little, little sarcastic grin on it but mostly meant serious. it surely had to do with the fact that it fitted me round the time because i just had broke up either ;-). but it made sense that way too

or just remembering the discussion about "hush":
"tool versus censorship"

"So whats the point of this song, if he completely contradicts himself? Well, my theory as to the meaning of the song deals with its context. The band released this song and CD in 1992. What marked the early '90s? Grunge. More specifically bands raging against corporations, while getting paid to do so. Commercial Rebellion, if you will. That was the music scene while Tool was trying to come out. To get heard you had to conform in some way. Tool was trying to make money and become a band, but they are themselves first and foremost. So what better way for a bunch of assholes (an undesputable characteristic of the band) to make money then to try to blend in with pop music, and make fun of it at the same time? All these grunge kids saying "fuck the corporate world" would bang their heads to this song, while the band laughs at them. Genius, really." (bluefire)

i think this is point that really draws attention on tool.
and i think this point may be lost a little for some people (remember the paranoia of the "political soapbox" and the discussions that started)

finally, to make one of those comparisons everyone gets pissed off, i think that this point is what nirvana had too and made them so very attention-drawing and fascinating. maybe i'm the only one ;-), but i was nearly confused to death when i came to hear nirvana what to take ironically and what not.

smisli
04-26-2006, 02:04 PM
I will grant that Tool has lost a bit of its mystique for me, whether because I have grown older or because it seems that the lyric writing for Vicarious was outsourced to Green Day, I do not know.

I think I'm probably just jealous of everyone else who can still feel the music - I can't anymore, it's just a good song, nothing more.
I am feeling the same, which makes me really sad...
Vicarius is only an average song with MTV lyrics
No magic
No Tool I love

smeefsmeef
04-26-2006, 02:53 PM
To me (I know it's pathtic) Tool is practically a religion to me... I gues I am a (metaphorically speaking) modern day Catholic... I think their new album is the best new music to come out in years...

smeefsmeef
04-26-2006, 02:53 PM
guess

skinnyan
05-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Just burned the cd from a friend who downloaded it. Great album. Cant wait to see them on tour. Family is doing a lot better, thanks for the concern. Wish you all the best, (hey mjk, i need my fukin keys back you squiral fucker)
love,
Kenny the clown

betterthanyou
05-03-2006, 04:20 AM
just because you gave the ability to post doesnt mean you should.

Mooseifer
05-03-2006, 04:45 AM

I've a great idea....

STFU

Lantern Bearer
05-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Sad fuks, I hope your closest family members get cancer just like mine did.

I hope.
I hope.
I hope.
You choke.

Couldn't resist. But seriously, choke.

insaner
05-03-2006, 10:26 PM
gotta love the quoted tool lyrics!

resonance.
05-03-2006, 10:42 PM
I think catholics are the modern day catholics, not Tool fans. Tool fans are the modern day Tool fans.