PDA

View Full Version : Ibogaine?

Nate-dogg21
04-21-2006, 06:18 PM
I dont know if you guys have read up on ibogaine, but heres my idea...

Ibogaine is a drug which essentially brings the spirit world to life. It is a drug which is familiar to many indian tribes (lipans im sure...) where they would hold special rituals to see and communicate with their ancestors.

Maybe.... What this track is supposed to signify was an Ibogaine ritual where maynard is trying to conjure up the spirit of his mother? Kind of a crazy idea thrown out there... but this album is much more personal to Maynard, as stated in reviews. It seems goofy, but it makes sense kind of, no?

aeon blue
04-22-2006, 03:02 AM
youre an idiot. and obsessive.

actually. im going to say what i think. i think its a little sick that a lot of you are indulging in what can only be described as a fetishised celebretarianism regarding maynard's personal life. i understand you want to interpret the lyrics, but there are many ways of doing that. i certainly don't think theres any 'one' interpretation of them, and i think he's a better lyricist than to write them with any single meaning in mind.

besides, regarding his mother- thats his personal life. its something that im sure he wouldn't display so openly through his lyrics, and that he deals with it in whatever way he does, its something which is sacred to him. im not saying don't interpret it that way, just tread carefully when you're articulating that message; it might hold substance, but isn't it a little unimaginative? what do you get out of it? a kind of feeling like you're closer to them, to him, that you understand? you don't. you're building ideas in your head based around other ideas from your head, its feeding itself, you're crazy and none of whatever you think has anything inherently to do with the people you think it does. its all fiction, right? i suggest, sir, you get over your inherent loneliness (in that we're all lonely, its the human condition). you dont need to reify youself with such bull, whether its sincere or not, i dont particularly care, the intention is the same and the result all too familiar. be truly imaginative with yourself.

Nate-dogg21
04-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Interesting, anyone else want to flame an idea that actually makes sense for a track that seems worthless and silly?

Seriously sir, if my idea is unimaginitive? What do you suggest the point of this track is, if im such an ignorant obsessive moron...?

LetSocietyDream
04-22-2006, 08:30 AM
I dont know if you guys have read up on ibogaine, but heres my idea...

Ibogaine is a drug which essentially brings the spirit world to life. It is a drug which is familiar to many indian tribes (lipans im sure...) where they would hold special rituals to see and communicate with their ancestors.

Maybe.... What this track is supposed to signify was an Ibogaine ritual where maynard is trying to conjure up the spirit of his mother? Kind of a crazy idea thrown out there... but this album is much more personal to Maynard, as stated in reviews. It seems goofy, but it makes sense kind of, no?

I think you have come up with a great idea, I just don't see it that likely. Ibogaine is used in Africa by the Bwiti and not by Native American tribes.

It still could be about ibogaine but I don't think it would fit well with the Native American aspect of the song. Peyote on the other hand...

Bill_Hix
04-22-2006, 12:10 PM
I think you have some point to your idea too. I doubt that maynard could get some ibogaine though. There's a movie out about ibogaine now.

aeon blue
04-22-2006, 12:26 PM
wow. a movie? no shit. does anything have an inherent point? do you crave comfort anr reassurance? no and yes, respectively, as stated in reviews.

lexiconoclast
04-22-2006, 12:51 PM
I think you have some point to your idea too. I doubt that maynard could get some ibogaine though. There's a movie out about ibogaine now.

easy to get iboga

its bee over 5 years since ive taken it but it wasnt hard to get it shpped from denmark, since its so widely used in harm reduction communites trying to come up with drug addiction cures...

stardown
04-22-2006, 01:06 PM
I like the theory, seems pretty well thought out even if it isn't true. It's eerie. Thumbs up.