PDA

View Full Version : Kangaroo Pot

EleventhEye
04-21-2006, 12:31 PM
this song refers to 'Kangaroo', as in kangaroo court, which as far as I know means a "show trial", or a trial that is set up so as to superficially resemble a real trial but whose outcome is already determined.

This song has many references to the judicial process:
"burn the evidence down"

" liar, lawyer, mirror show me
what's the difference? "

"kangaroo be stoned, he's guilty
ask the government "

et cetera.

By the way, anyone have any idea what "pissed all over my black kettle" means? (if the lyrics I have are right, from the Winamp plugin)

Dysphoria
04-21-2006, 12:49 PM
this song refers to 'Kangaroo', as in kangaroo court, which as far as I know means a "show trial", or a trial that is set up so as to superficially resemble a real trial but whose outcome is already determined.

This song has many references to the judicial process:
"burn the evidence down"

" liar, lawyer, mirror show me
what's the difference? "

"kangaroo be stoned, he's guilty
ask the government "

et cetera.

By the way, anyone have any idea what "pissed all over my black kettle" means? (if the lyrics I have are right, from the Winamp plugin)

- Saw that phrase more of just a reference to a pot calling a kettle black. In other words, hypocrisy.

- I looked up kangaroo trial and came up with something similar, being a trial set up for someone (usually pre-determined) due to a direct refusal to obey orders.

EleventhEye
04-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Niiice on the pot calling the kettle black. Didn't even think of it.

ljasonl
04-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Good catch, I was wondering what the hell he was talking about with a kangaroo

insaner
04-21-2006, 03:09 PM
i fucking wish we could get that one line right. it is definately not weeping shades of frozen indigo lemon juice etc.

ukm
04-21-2006, 04:47 PM
i fucking wish we could get that one line right. it is definately not weeping shades of frozen indigo lemon juice etc.

Pretty sure the lemon juice up in your eye part is correct, referring to the weeping in the previous line being fake. Fits with the hypocrite/liar theme. Dunno what comes after weeping in that line though.

ukm
04-21-2006, 04:49 PM

Sounds like "Your weeping tears are chosen ... Got lemon juice up in your eye" to me. Fake tears fit with the liar/hypocrite theme pretty well. Can't decipher the last part of the first line though.

insaner
04-21-2006, 04:56 PM
i think we are way off.

thejesus
04-21-2006, 04:58 PM
great find...I'm a law student and probably should have known that but didn't...lol

Supergroup
04-21-2006, 05:57 PM
It's about that camel-fucker over in Iraq.

prometheus jones
04-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Real quick...just off of 3 listens...I am relating this song to 9/11 and Katrina...an upcoming trial putting a certain american figure head on trial for crimes against his own people...a kangaroo court...the illusion of democracy continues...
www.whatreallyhappened.com www.kurtnimmo.com

tinfoils are antennas for truth
only the true patriot shall wear them
get fitted

right_in_three
04-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Kangaroos and kettles.

Makes it as easy as chakras and eggs of satan.

eksyte
04-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Sweet. I was wondering what the term "kangarooed" meant.

Along with the BS with current events, I can see this song being about fuckwads who start bullshit "debates" when they're not willing to entertain certain ideas or be a little open-minded. (They appear to be discussing the topic, but they've already made up their mind.)

girlwiththesuninherhead
04-22-2006, 03:13 AM
Sounds like "Your weeping tears are chosen ... Got lemon juice up in your eye" to me. Fake tears fit with the liar/hypocrite theme pretty well. Can't decipher the last part of the first line though.
yep I agree with this one.

Seethus
04-22-2006, 03:51 AM
I agree, I think this is about hypocracy. eg 'pot calling the kettle black'

OneEru
04-22-2006, 05:02 PM
hey. so im a sociology prof. and i do research on drugs and so i thought i would just put this out there and see what you guys thought.... so like, the pot calling the kettle black maybe they're talking about the hypocracy of making a drug like marijuana illegal but not alcohol or coffee.... i dunno. thats what i got.

Seethus
04-23-2006, 08:40 PM
hey. so im a sociology prof. and i do research on drugs and so i thought i would just put this out there and see what you guys thought.... so like, the pot calling the kettle black maybe they're talking about the hypocracy of making a drug like marijuana illegal but not alcohol or coffee.... i dunno. thats what i got.
heheh nice ^^

grady
04-24-2006, 05:27 AM
I agree, I think this is about hypocracy. eg 'pot calling the kettle black'

This song is defintely about hypocricy, not weed. The only thing that refers to weed is the "Must've been high" line. Probably did that for glazed over stoner kids. "The Pot" as in the pot calling the kettle black..."...pissed all over my black kettle."

erazorhead
04-24-2006, 06:16 AM
i wonder if i'll feel like a moron being "high" at the concert.

K In Yo Mouf
04-24-2006, 07:53 AM
Thatz Wat we Call Moronic, or Ironic, or Somethin Like That...

Dr. Jake Destructo
04-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Thatz Wat we Call Moronic, or Ironic, or Somethin Like That...

Both.

Anyways, good find on the kangaroo'd thing guys.

Ozzzy_SS
04-25-2006, 01:09 PM
"Steal, borrow, refer, save your shady inference
Kangaroo done hung the juror with the innocent

Now will you weep or, chase the chosen into golden images up in your eye"

Those are the lyrics, where the hell did yall get lemon juice from?

K In Yo Mouf
04-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Therez Tonz of Different Lyricz Floatin Around...