PDA

View Full Version : Jambi at 6:37 is Intolerance around 2:33

Fritz
04-21-2006, 11:14 AM
It is not the exact same riff but if you were to rearrange the order of the Jambi riff it would be nearly spot on.

Anyone else hear this craziness that I am rambling on about?

btw I caved and listened to it early :( The talk in these forums was too much temptation.

Bob_Marley_Wannabe
04-21-2006, 11:20 AM
STFU

Fritz
04-21-2006, 11:34 AM
STFU

a positively insightful remark anything else to add?

CaseLogic
04-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Is this another "decoy album" conspiracy thread?

Fritz
04-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Is this another "decoy album" conspiracy thread?

no just a familiarity reference

Ethirakith
04-21-2006, 12:23 PM
So, there's a part in Undertow (the song) that sounds exactly like Part of Me.

Fritz
04-21-2006, 12:26 PM
So, there's a part in Undertow (the song) that sounds exactly like Part of Me.

fair enough :) I was just citing what I thought sounded similar to me

Ethirakith
04-21-2006, 12:29 PM
fair enough :) I was just citing what I thought sounded similar to me

I don't think there's anything wrong with a song, sounding similair in nature to another song, as long as it is isn't redundantly done (a la Nickelback).. But just as easy as this is similair, to you, to another song.. it could've been drawn off the same emotions by the band, there are certain things that never leave you until you get it out exactly how you want it, maybe it was a second attempt to let those feelings go.

sound.out.light
04-21-2006, 12:34 PM
It is not the exact same riff but if you were to rearrange the order of the Jambi riff it would be nearly spot on.

Anyone else hear this craziness that I am rambling on about?

btw I caved and listened to it early :( The talk in these forums was too much temptation.

adam has always been writing similar riffs throughout the entire catalogue...you especially notice if you try to play tool songs on guitar...but he also adds more to his arsenal with each release...hes a master of making simple riffs sound complicated, rehashing old ideas and making them sound new, and his fucking TONE is wonderful.
i do think there are some intentional allusions througout the album by the entire band though...either that or its just the fact that some of this material was written prior to lateralus.

Ĉmitis
04-21-2006, 03:21 PM
If it's of any consolation, classical composers usually use the same bits and pieces in several different compositions. Bach was known for doing this, and he's a genius. So, unless you point your finger at Adam (and Tool in general) and think he has reached his limit of creativity and keeps doing the same thing over and over, I think you should consider the similarities as a positive aspect of 10,000 Days. A sort of self-tribute, self-adpatation kind of thing. At least I do think like this (and no, i'm not in denial).

Fritz
04-21-2006, 06:03 PM
If it's of any consolation, classical composers usually use the same bits and pieces in several different compositions. Bach was known for doing this, and he's a genius. So, unless you point your finger at Adam (and Tool in general) and think he has reached his limit of creativity and keeps doing the same thing over and over, I think you should consider the similarities as a positive aspect of 10,000 Days. A sort of self-tribute, self-adpatation kind of thing. At least I do think like this (and no, i'm not in denial).

At any point have i made any criticism of this coincidence?

tyc
04-22-2006, 01:04 AM
they sound similar