PDA

View Full Version : The one and only Packaging thread (possible spoiler)

Pages : [1] 2

dvn
04-16-2006, 01:23 PM
So someone posted this idea before and everyone jumped all over him, and granted I thought he was an idiot at that time as well. We would cross our eyes or "lock" into the picture the way most of us have been doing it. But maybe Tool has thought of another way. Tool have given us crazy packaging before like the lenticular cover to Aenima. Well, long story short, I was strolling thru Barnes and Noble today when I stumbled on a book called "The Universe in 3-D". Now, while the quality of the stereoscopic images contained therein were not that great of quality, take a look at the visual aid that was included with/made part of the book. I can definitely see tool doing something like this, and even encorporating the "eyes" as I have crudely done. Perhaps they even mean for it to come loose like one of those masqerade ball type masks...

http://www.dvnaudio.net/3dbooklet.jpg
http://www.dvnaudio.net/3dhowto.jpg

-dvn

Cucumber_11
04-16-2006, 01:26 PM
It would be a tad ironic I think.

just simulacra
04-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Awesome post. I wouldn't be surprised at all, especially with the emphasis on the EYES in the art.

Hodge
04-16-2006, 01:27 PM
heh who knows

DVN - do you plan on recording any shows this year? I remember you had some very nice quality recordings

dvn
04-16-2006, 01:36 PM
heh who knows

DVN - do you plan on recording any shows this year? I remember you had some very nice quality recordings

Yep, I'll be at Coachella, probably a decent slice of the May minitour, and a couple of the Euro shows. Then I'm sure I'll do a nice run of the fall US tour, but unfortunately nothing like string of shows I did in the past. I have more of those dreaded "life responsibilities" now than I did 5 years ago. Never fear tho, I'll be at all MAJOR shows, I even plan on releasing a few of them this time around.

-dvn

slicknickshady
04-16-2006, 01:37 PM
how long after the coachella show will they be made available?

dvn
04-16-2006, 01:45 PM
how long after the coachella show will they be made available?

Coachella is up in the air, there will be 30+ other tapers there as well, so not feeling a rush to put anything out as I'll probably still flying back home when the first tapes get released. Also, another taper and I are planning on possibly doing a nifty technique that should produce a good stereo image. We'll see how all that goes and release if its good enough.

-dvn

slicknickshady
04-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Coachella is up in the air, there will be 30+ other tapers there as well, so not feeling a rush to put anything out as I'll probably still flying back home when the first tapes get released. Also, another taper and I are planning on possibly doing a nifty technique that should produce a good stereo image. We'll see how all that goes and release if its good enough.

-dvn

awesome, you da man.

Spaceman Spiff
04-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Sweet, many of my Tool bootlegs got lost when my PC crashed a few years back... look forward to some new stuff.

Oh yeah, and back on topic - I wouldn't rule it out as a possibilty at all.

Happyfunball
04-16-2006, 02:16 PM
The only thing I'm thinking is just how much to people think Tool needs to help us all? We all, generally speaking, can do the homework and put in the effort enough to view stereoscopic images without any sort of viewing aid. Does Tool really need to supply us with one? In fact, for so many people who's impression of Tool is that of a sacred secret for only people "in the know" to get and appreciate, it actually makes better sense that they wouldn't offer a viewing aid so that mere passerbye's and "not true fans" couldn't so easily be in on the information.

Not saying it matters or anything. I'm just not sure Tool needs to go the extra mile to help us out in this way. It almost seems like doing too much of the work for us in my opinion when we're all for the most part completely capable of doing it on our own. How much more simple do they need to make it for us?

If they did put a viewer in there, I don't know. I might use it. Might not though since I don't need one. Besides, it looks like something I can make on my own with some construction paper and scissors anyways. Maybe they should just give us cut-out pattern if they choose to bother giving us any helpers at all.

dvn
04-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Besides, it looks like something I can make on my own with some construction paper and scissors anyways. Maybe they should just give us cut-out pattern if they choose to bother giving us any helpers at all.

Nah, the lenses in this book are a specific thickness and curvature, its not cellophane or something you can piece together as easily as you'd think.

However, maybe you are right in that they dont want to make it too easy for us. Personally tho, I think they might go the extra mile as they did with Aenima's packaging.

-dvn

Squishy
04-16-2006, 02:47 PM
The only thing I'm thinking is just how much to people think Tool needs to help us all? We all, generally speaking, can do the homework and put in the effort enough to view stereoscopic images without any sort of viewing aid. Does Tool really need to supply us with one?

As I pointed out in this thread (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=40541) back then, you *cannot* view the leaked stereoscopic pictures *without* a viewing aid, because they are arranged in the wrong order. If they wanted us to look at them cross-eyed they would have had to switch the left with the right one. My conclusion is that they simply have to include a viewing aid...

Morfindel
04-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Oh, come on. Maybe there will be some kind of visual aid, but im kinda skeptical. Imagine yourself using this things. I mean, we would look very stupid.
Ther must be another way to see the stereoscopic things.

Squishy
04-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Oh, come on. Maybe there will be some kind of visual aid, but im kinda skeptical. Imagine yourself using this things. I mean, we would look very stupid. Ther must be another way to see the stereoscopic things.

The only way to get the right 3d effect is when the left eye looks at the left picture and the right eye looks at the right picture. You're right, you can do that without a stereoscope: by looking in parallel, that's how most magic eye pictures work. But that's difficult to do, especially when the pictures are as large as these. So I'm betting on the visual aid.

Goldfoot
04-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I personally think those pics we have seen so far of the booklet are just fakes.

slicknickshady
04-16-2006, 03:29 PM
I personally think those pics we have seen so far of the booklet are just fakes.

Let's hope not. I like them a lot.

Goldfoot
04-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Let's hope not. I like them a lot.

I don't. I think it would be stupid to throw a bunch of those steroscopic images in there. I hate doing them.

slicknickshady
04-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't. I think it would be stupid to throw a bunch of those steroscopic images in there. I hate doing them.

You dont have to do them, I like the art as is.

Goldfoot
04-16-2006, 04:26 PM
I know, I'm just saying I think they would be overdoing the whole idea if you had to do it on every page of the booklet to see it "correctly." Besides, do you know how silly it would look to have glasses built into the album packaging?

mmortal03
04-16-2006, 05:00 PM
http://www.dvnaudio.net/3dhowto.jpg

bragging sarcastically ->

I can even do the one on the book within the picture that is turned sideways WITHOUT a visual aid.

<- end bragging sarcastically

pwnd ;)

gl0tch
04-16-2006, 06:26 PM
yeah, that was me. I got chastized over that shit. Fuck them. Stereoscopic images require a viewing device for proper effect.

Simple as that.

TenSpeed
04-16-2006, 09:09 PM
I can't do the crosseyed thing :P
So a viewing aid would be nice.

RED_THE_HAT
04-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Awesome post. I wouldn't be surprised at all, especially with the emphasis on the EYES in the art.

The eyes in that second image were added in using something like Photoshop. Turn up the brightness of your monitor... just someone who is a little bored and wants to start a rumor. Putting forward motion to have this moved to the lies section!

thautis
04-16-2006, 10:03 PM
The eyes in that second image were added in using something like Photoshop. Turn up the brightness of your monitor... just someone who is a little bored and wants to start a rumor. Putting forward motion to have this moved to the lies section!

yep, they clearly posted that this was absolute fact and not just an idea that was neat to them... also, never did they mention that they added the eyes in the second image

RED_THE_HAT
04-16-2006, 10:07 PM
yep, they clearly posted that this was absolute fact and not just an idea that was neat to them... also, never did they mention that they added the eyes in the second image

I just dont like it when people add little things to pictures and the such in here to make people further believe their point. it is a decent theory, but say your theory, dont fuck with pics in photoshop, so that people will believe your story more.

dvn
04-17-2006, 03:44 AM
Apparently you guys didn't even read my post. I added the eyes, because in advertisements tool has just used those eyes alone as a motif and I was giving an idea of what Tool's might look like. From my first post:

"I can definitely see tool doing something like this, and even encorporating the "eyes" as I have crudely done."

Read next time guys and don't be a dumbass. I clearly stated it was from another book called "The Universe in 3-D" that showed what might be possible with stereoscopic images. I in no way represented that this was fact at how Tool was going to do it.

-dvn

Mr C
04-17-2006, 04:07 AM
It was a good idea that dvn had and i wouldn't be surprised if he were spot-on with it.
Read a bit closer before -heh heh- putting forward a motion.

Squishy
04-17-2006, 04:11 AM
It maybe worthwile to look again into what Blair said concering the new cover:

"It seems that a few of you (those who have commented on the artwork) are also anticipating ‘the bigger picture’ – that which you’ve become accustomed to over the years when it comes to Tool’s art direction. Well, to you, I will only say that you will not be disappointed… and that the key is right there before your very eyes."

It's never a good idea to read too much into Blair's messages though, but maybe he hinted at something like this there...

Vexom
04-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Edit: should add possible spoiler if you want to wait to see it for yourself the first time and if this is real

this was posted on The Tool Hotline not sure if its real but if it is it has a viewer for the artwork we saw earlier.

http://www.vexom.com/xmdays_package.jpg

I just wanted to add here that I believe the text in here is a sticker if you look carefully you can see it.

http://www.vexom.com/sticker.png

Edit2: changed the source of image to not steal bandwidth from The Tool Hotline.

Alcawhorlick
04-21-2006, 10:29 AM
this was posted on The Tool Hotline not sure if its real but if it is it has a viewer for the artwork we saw earlier.

http://www.theninhotline.net/toolnews/archives/news.images/xmdays_package.jpg

Looks like the perfect cover art for a B-Sides album

Etch_Coli
04-21-2006, 10:31 AM

Yikes. Is that a stereoscopic setup I see there?

YUCK

Vexom
04-21-2006, 10:35 AM
hey if you use the stereoscopic on the image with two eyes it would create a third eye! I never thought about that before.

edit: probably others have so don't bash me just making my own observation

Maine-iak
04-21-2006, 10:36 AM

I believe it is....

Descencia
04-21-2006, 10:50 AM

Dolophane
04-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Wellsir, my hat's off to you. This does look as badass as promised...

Hodge
04-21-2006, 10:52 AM
interesting

Cucumber_11
04-21-2006, 10:56 AM
This album is just going to blow me away.

*twitches with anticipation*

Demfer
04-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Thats looks way too small to have a cd in it.

CallofCthulhu
04-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Open that shit please. What does that WARNING sticker say?

Underalus
04-21-2006, 10:58 AM
notice the glasses in place of the eyes like everyone said and the weird fine print under 10 000 days.

tainednarf1014
04-21-2006, 11:00 AM
If anyone has seen the artwork from the 10,000 days booklet its obvious to see that almost every page has 2 images of the same thing only with slightly different variations. Like an old highlights magazine where you have to circle the between two pictures. Could this be a hint of a Hoax? Just curious. Think about it.

CallofCthulhu
04-21-2006, 11:01 AM
If anyone has seen the artwork from the 10,000 days booklet its obvious to see that almost every page has 2 images of the same thing only with slightly different variations. Like an old highlights magazine where you have to circle the between two pictures. Could this be a hint of a Hoax? Just curious. Think about it.

Stereoscopic photography...............have you not been paying attention to anyone this last month?

Drugks
04-21-2006, 11:02 AM
are those glesses there in the packaging or did the person who take the picture put them there?

Cucumber_11
04-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Stereoscopic photography...............have you not been paying attention to anyone this last month?

With the amount of shit in this forum at the moment I think thats a pretty good thing.

heh.

Ocelot199
Go to dictionary.com and look up the following:

Proof

Idle Speculation

CallofCthulhu
With the amount of shit in this forum at the moment I think thats a pretty good thing.

heh.

Ya I suppose I agree with you there.

flocker92
04-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Open that shit please. What does that WARNING sticker say?

WARNING: This is NOT a decoy.

DJ07
Um I thought Blair said the lettering wasn't going to be on the packaging?

Confused ...

gl0tch
For everyone who just said "nope," "no," "never gonna happen," or "fuck off" in regards to the album art coming with a stereoscopic viewing device, I present to you:

I've been telling you, a "special digipak" and Alex Grey's "this has never been done before" pointed us to this. WITHOUT A DEVICE, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO VIEW STEREOSCOPIC IMAGES CORRECTLY .

Anyone suggesting otherwise (ie- "just cross your eyes, it's fine!"), NEVER saw stereoscopic images properly.

I think you all know what you need to do.

tainednarf1014
04-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I thought I added a question mark at the end of the topic. I was asking what people thought on it. Not trying to prove evolution.

Cucumber_11
04-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Blow you?

Subtlety...

CallofCthulhu
For everyone who just said "nope," "no," "never gonna happen," or "fuck off" in regards to the album art coming with a stereoscopic viewing device, I present to you:

I've been telling you, a "special digipak" and Alex Grey's "this has never been done before" pointed us to this. WITHOUT A DEVICE, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO VIEW STEREOSCOPIC IMAGES CORRECTLY .

Anyone suggesting otherwise (ie- "just cross your eyes, it's fine!"), NEVER saw stereoscopic images properly.

Yea I agree. The only way I could ever get the two images to come together is if I physically moved my eyes with my fingers. Even that was painful.

mike tyson
I hate a lot of you fucking people.

Juanjay
Well it does look pretty cool

Descencia
04-21-2006, 11:07 AM
I started this thread, wtf? Why is my first post moved down with Vexom being first?

mike tyson
04-21-2006, 11:07 AM
That looks so horrible.

mike tyson
04-21-2006, 11:08 AM
It looks horrible.

implandnoises
04-21-2006, 11:08 AM
OK I believe you and no I haven't viewed these images with glasses. What effect does it have? Is the image larger or does it have more depth?

CallofCthulhu
04-21-2006, 11:09 AM
hey if you use the stereoscopic on the image with two eyes it would create a third eye! I never thought about that before.

edit: probably others have so don't bash me just making my own observation

Ya I started a thread about it last night but no one took to it. Right now grab a pic of the cover art, put your head nice and close, cross your eyes. The two eyes will form together to make a third eye which connects two faces. Kind of nifty.

gl0tch
well if so many of you were wrong about the possibility of a viewing device, what else could you be wrong about?

*Breaking News*

The new record is called 10,000 Days. It is the same as the leak out there. It is not a decoy. And, the album art is packaged with a stereoscopic viewing device.

THE END

Alcawhorlick
haha glasses? For the stereo images?
jesus this is turning really bad really fast.
They should include a justin action figure or a limited edition autographed maynard cockring too.

FistFck
04-21-2006, 11:10 AM
i had no problems seeing them? do i still have to blow you?

Descencia
Yeah but how the fuck did Vexom's post become first over mine which was first when I created it? He's not a mod. It says he created the thread too which is not true.

mike tyson
Thank god the album is good because that packaging looks like fucking trash.

gl0tch
OK I believe you and no I haven't viewed these images with glasses. What effect does it have? Is the image larger or does it have more depth?

Imagine MORE depth than Red & Blue 3D glasses AND with out the Red & Blue tint to everything within the picture plane.

CallofCthulhu
haha glasses? For the stereo images?
jesus this is turning really bad really fast.
They should include a justin action figure or a limited edition autographed maynard cockring too.

hahwhawhwa, condoms with TOOL on em

Alcawhorlick
04-21-2006, 11:11 AM
hahwhawhwa, condoms with TOOL on em

man, the possibilities truly are endless

implandnoises
04-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Cool, looking forward to it. And then I might try making my own.

flocker92
04-21-2006, 11:12 AM
or a limited edition autographed maynard cockring too.

I'll take two!

panchochichi
04-21-2006, 11:12 AM
you're wrong and i can prove it...

Jimmeny
04-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Haha, yeah I was thinking about that glotch, couldn't remember exactly who it was but I was like 'lol, that guy could so make an 'I told you so' post'

JeffSnow

Anyone hear what Demfer said? Take a pack of cigs or something and hold it the same way the "cd" is being held, for me its the same size, take a CD to your fingers in the same way he is holding it and it is way bigger than what is being held there.

Prove me wrong please.

CallofCthulhu
List your ideas.

A package of TOOL Kool-Aid

implandnoises
04-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Hey I know, we all know you don't NEED a viewing device, but maybe the effect could be better?

5th Eye
04-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Lame? Sorta, yeah. The first word of the warning label looks like "Exaggerate", but it's not, because it'd be missing one of the first few letters.

It also looks like it opens from the middle, out towards the top and bottom. What the hell?

gl0tch
04-21-2006, 11:16 AM
you're wrong and i can prove it...

go ahead.

sifted
04-21-2006, 11:16 AM
so the glasses thing..is that supposed to be what you look through to see the stereoscopic images right? like some were saying "tool need to include a device to properly see these images"?

if so, and you are supposed to look through the cover to view the images everyone is going to look entirely lame.

Dolophane
04-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Anyone hear what Demfer said? Take a pack of cigs or something and hold it the same way the "cd" is being held, for me its the same size, take a CD to your fingers in the same way he is holding it and it is way bigger than what is being held there.

Prove me wrong please.
I'm pretty sure it's just the angle.

Headmusic
I don't understand the immediate hatred. They could just release the album in a standard jewel case that the little hinge pieces would break off of inside of a week. If they want to try something like this to make the packaging that much more interesting, I say do it.

eddie75
Lame? Sorta, yeah. The first word of the warning label looks like "Exaggerate", but it's not, because it'd be missing one of the first few letters.

It also looks like it opens from the middle, out towards the top and bottom. What the hell?
the first word is "moderate"

millermt
04-21-2006, 11:19 AM

Prove me wrong please.

The guy in the photo has bigger hands than you do. And your point is?...

CallofCthulhu
04-21-2006, 11:20 AM
the first word is "moderate"

Something tells me that those glasses automatically "cross your eyes" so they're probably not too healthy to walk around looking through. I bet thats what the warning label talks about.

praefector
i had this idea as well

innovation FTW

5th Eye
Oh, moderate. Gotcha.

swaps
04-21-2006, 11:21 AM
What does that WARNING sticker say?
WARNING: MODERATE impact coarse language and/or themes.

Descencia
04-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Hopefully Tool will use stereoscopic images on dual screens during the concerts so then everyone will have to bring the CD case with them to the show! Btw I created this thread, Vexom just h4x0r3d it and took over.

waffel
04-21-2006, 11:24 AM
decoy

sifted
04-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Hopefully Tool will use sterepscopic images on dual screens during the concerts so then everyone will have to bring the CD case with them to the show! Btw I created this thread, Vexom just h4x0r3d it and took over.

haha, i can just imagine it. everyone holding the case up to their eyes looking like fools.

mike tyson
04-21-2006, 11:30 AM
WARNING: MODERATE impact coarse language and/or themes.

lol

Descencia
04-21-2006, 11:32 AM
I wish there were Tool action figures. You could have 6 for Maynard, Opiate ers/Skater Maynard, Undertow era/Shirtless Bike Shorts creepy Mohawk Maynard, ÆNIMA era, Blue paint with boxers Maynard and also Drag Queen Mime Maynard, Lateralus era Cenobite Leather Maynard. 10,000 Days Sherlock Holmes Maynard.

Descencia
04-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Is Maynard's new look based on Bookworm from the Batman tv series?

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/7537/bokwrm582.jpg

http://toolshed.down.net/pix/10k_promo/04.jpg

skizzott
04-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Hopefully Tool will use stereoscopic images on dual screens during the concerts so then everyone will have to bring the CD case with them to the show! Btw I created this thread, Vexom just h4x0r3d it and took over.

JESUS!! Does it matter who started it???? He had one thread, you had another. You both had your threads that each of you started, a mod saw two identical threads and merged them, putting your's into his. That's what happened. Sorry if this comes off wrong, but shit who cares who started it. You want a cookie or something?

angrygodofjebus
04-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Any idea what the red text under 10000 Days says?

Vexom
04-21-2006, 12:10 PM
I started this thread, wtf? Why is my first post moved down with Vexom being first?
I didn't start this thread, my post was in the topic about why the artwork hasn't leaked (I posted first I may add). A mod merged all of our discussion about it into one which is a good idea, so chill.

Edit: in fact thats why my post is first on here, when they merge topics its sorted by time posted.

placidium
04-21-2006, 12:12 PM
why the hell would they reveal the artwork but not the music?

the titles are just titles, the artwork is a part of the album.

that artwork must be fake, whoever did this had a lot of time and bad taste.

if adam did this, then it wasn't just his guitar work that got left in the dust by the rest of the band.

Vianney
04-21-2006, 12:14 PM
if it's real, the red font is irritating

sifted
04-21-2006, 12:16 PM
yeah, i don't really like the red font either. that and the way its plastered right in the center is a little annoying.

Descencia
04-21-2006, 12:20 PM
JESUS!! Does it matter who started it???? He had one thread, you had another. You both had your threads that each of you started, a mod saw two identical threads and merged them, putting your's into his. That's what happened. Sorry if this comes off wrong, but shit who cares who started it. You want a cookie or something?

Yes please some Chips Ahoy will make everything all better.

kyyuulle
04-21-2006, 12:23 PM
no doubt...

saut
04-21-2006, 12:25 PM
ugh the cover looks almost as awful as the album sounds

praefector
04-21-2006, 12:26 PM
im still not sure why everyone hates the idea of having help to see the stereo images

packaging looks fine but there has to be more to it than that...maybe thats just an insert that you unfold to make a viewing box or something

side subject, if i were tool i would fucking hate all of you.

they put their souls into making an album and lots of you claim it isnt even real. that has to sting

then they go through the trouble of bringing you an innovation in their artwork and you state further that they are going sour.

if i were to speak as a member of the band i would start to wonder why i even bother letting you guys listen to what we make...you obviously dont appreciate it.

placidium
04-21-2006, 12:27 PM
it's too damn small.

oh wait, holy shit, the cd folds in half.

xmorteferoz
04-21-2006, 12:28 PM
.. That's the Australian single.

swash
04-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Red font....very ugly. I'd like this cover more if that font was white. It doesn't even need to be there.

Vexom
04-21-2006, 12:31 PM
it's too damn small.

Hold any CD case in your hand and tell me that this picture is not of a full sized cd case cause it is.

JayCal
04-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah, Australian promo version.

Dolophane
04-21-2006, 12:32 PM
they put their souls into making an album and lots of you claim it isnt even real. that has to sting
It's all that damn Blair's fault, I tell ya!

symbiosis
04-21-2006, 12:35 PM
That shit looks like a single or an import...

xmorteferoz
04-21-2006, 12:42 PM
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/6396/promoau1uc.jpg

The label on it is the Australian version of a "Parental Advisory."

When you enlarge it in Photoshop or Paintshop, you can see that the pixels in the top left corner of the word at the bottom fade/cut out -- same as it does with any capital letter P that you enlarge.

Also, note the placement of the darker red spots ..

xmorteferoz
04-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Then again, I could be wrong.

Vexom
04-21-2006, 12:44 PM
ok so even if its Australian it doesn't mean that our case will look different, this is too expensive for a single case. Singles always have a cheap ass case because they are cheap.

Also I would like to point out that I think the text is a sticker, if you look carefully it appears that it peals off and has an edge. In fact looking carefully I am almost sure that the text is a sticker.

xmorteferoz
04-21-2006, 12:48 PM
A sticker with exactly parallel placement and the exact same shades of red as the text above it?

Vexom
04-21-2006, 12:50 PM
look at it! the text above it is part of the sticker too, its pretty clear if you ask me.

praefector
04-21-2006, 12:51 PM
the text could be part of or printed on the outer wrapping maybe?

Vexom
04-21-2006, 12:52 PM
^ its part of a transparent sticker

xmorteferoz
04-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Oh. You mean this:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4279/sticker9om.jpg

It could be. Could also be part of the crease from a flap + lighting.

But it doesn't make any sense that they'd waste "real" album cases on promotional CDs by slapping a sticker on them, or that they'd be so retarded as to put a sticker on the actual CD case. So what's your point with the sticker?

Vexom
04-21-2006, 12:58 PM
To let people that don't know what the cover looks like see the words Tool and know who it is. It is oviously a sticker, there is a whole box (not exactly how you outlined it) with rounded corners and everything inside the box has a deferent reflexion/texture. Somebody else see it so I don't feel crazy please, haha

tony.stacks
04-21-2006, 12:59 PM
im still not sure why everyone hates the idea of having help to see the stereo images

packaging looks fine but there has to be more to it than that...maybe thats just an insert that you unfold to make a viewing box or something

side subject, if i were tool i would fucking hate all of you.

then they go through the trouble of bringing you an innovation in their artwork and you state further that they are going sour.

if i were to speak as a member of the band i would start to wonder why i even bother letting you guys listen to what we make...you obviously dont appreciate it.

My thoughts exactly. I truly don't understand where all this negativity is coming from. First, people shit on the album saying Tool has fallen off, now people are shitting all over the packaging? What's next?

I will say though, that I can at least respect the "decoy album" posts that show some intelligence and some forethought. I might not agree with them, but I can at least respect them, no matter how few and far between they may be.

But it seems the logic behind most of these negative posts about he album and the artwork follow along the lines of "the lyrics are shit, the music is no good, therefore this can't be the real thing." Grow up folks. You are not the center of the universe. Perhaps consider the possiblity that you have outgrown Tool; or the even more likely possibility that Tool has outgrown you.

Toolbelt
04-21-2006, 01:01 PM
That thing is so fake.

Vexom
04-21-2006, 01:14 PM
nobody else see's the perfect outline of the sticker? Its just a little under the end of the little red text, just in front of the 1 in 10,000 and just above Tool. You can see it curve in the lower right corner and it goes behind the warning which is another sticker.

Vexom
04-21-2006, 01:20 PM
That thing is so fake.
Maybe but I would be willing to bet money that its not.

Vexom
04-21-2006, 01:30 PM
ok here is my outline of what I believe the sticker is next to the original image.

Rotating_Energy_Field
04-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Either that guy's hand is huge or that digipak is really small...

Too small to fit a CD in maybe?

Vexom
04-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Either that guy's hand is huge or that digipak is really small...

Too small to fit a CD in maybe?
wow, do I need to take a picture of me holding up Lateralus that looks exactly the same size compared to this? Maybe my hand is huge I don't know but I wouldn't consider it to be.

rsh
04-21-2006, 01:45 PM
its at an angle. and this whole "its too small to be a cd" bullshit is ridiculous

why in the fuck would someone go to the extent of creating a fake but then only create a small version of it?

fucking morons.

Vexom
04-21-2006, 01:50 PM
^ exactly and then to top it off take a picture of it in his hand so we can have a perspective of the size of it, ridiculous

JayCal
04-21-2006, 01:56 PM
nobody else see's the perfect outline of the sticker? Its just a little under the end of the little red text, just in front of the 1 in 10,000 and just above Tool. You can see it curve in the lower right corner and it goes behind the warning which is another sticker.

I see it, I definitely think you're right. Don't stickers like that sometimes have the album catalog number on them, too? That's what the small text could be.

Furthurdown
04-21-2006, 02:00 PM
ok here is my outline of what I believe the sticker is next to the original image.

I've got it in photoshop right now; Yea, I can see some sort of outline surrounding the red text. The backgound blue/black color appears to be lighter in this area. I don't know if it's a sticker though; there's no glare from the light that's shining onto the CD like the glare on the glass over the eyes.

tDoXoMl
04-21-2006, 02:02 PM

dude fuck you im tired of your shit! now your trying to steal somebody else's thread?! wasnt my thread enough?

Toolbelt
04-21-2006, 02:02 PM
OK. If you're going to go so far as to take a picture of the packaging, why not include pix of the thing opened up? The CD? The back? And why would the TOOL folks dumb down the package with a sticker? The sticker doesn't fit any of the recent albums in terms of packaging. I call BS.

Vexom
04-21-2006, 02:04 PM
there is for sure a different reflection in my outline then outside of it though, the outside appears to be glossy, more so than the sticker and the sticker area is kind of almost dirty or grainy.

rsh
04-21-2006, 02:05 PM
^reflection.

Vexom
04-21-2006, 02:06 PM
^ ah I actually did catch that but thanks, I knew it wasn't right so I typed it up and did spell check. I suck at spelling, haha

rsh
04-21-2006, 02:07 PM
hey a friend in need is a friend indeed

Vexom
04-21-2006, 02:26 PM
And why would the TOOL folks dumb down the package with a sticker? The sticker doesn't fit any of the recent albums in terms of packaging. I call BS.
None of tools CD's other than Opiate and Salival (which are both not considered one of tools 3 full length CD's by some) have any text on the cd cover. Lateralus has the slip over and Aenima usually has a bunch of stickers over the plastic wrap. The intent is for you to eventually remove this sticker, its probably one of those things were the record company said they had to include the albulm and band name on the package for the purpose of selling disks.

teleincision
04-21-2006, 02:48 PM
None of tools CD's other than Opiate and Salival (which are both not considered one of tools 3 full length CD's by some) have any text on the cd cover. Lateralus has the slip over and Aenima usually has a bunch of stickers over the plastic wrap. The intent is for you to eventually remove this sticker, its probably one of those things were the record company said they had to include the albulm and band name on the package for the purpose of selling disks.

i agree......
it is very reasonable to include a sticker on an album...

harbong
04-21-2006, 03:08 PM
http://www.legwerks.com/i/viewmaster.jpg

Vexom
04-21-2006, 04:02 PM
because this topic is going to page two with the massive amount of shitty pointless threads I thought I would give it a bumb for those that haven't seen this yet.

Descencia
04-21-2006, 04:10 PM
dude fuck you im tired of your shit! now your trying to steal somebody else's thread?! wasnt my thread enough?

lol^ Just because Bill Brasky is holding the case in that picture doesn't mean it's fake. Also Blair is the one that stirs shit up so much making Tool out to be the masters of epic soundscapes and rock. Based on all his newsletters and posts he did make the new album seem like it would be the MOST BESTEST ULTIMATE CREATION EVER!!! It turned out not to be so of course a lot of people are let down. I still say The Pot is circa Opiate. The breaks and vocal harmonizing with the guitar is the same as the tracks on Opiate. They stopped that on Undertow for the most part.

undeniable dilemma
04-21-2006, 04:19 PM
That is not how the cover will look like in the United States. The following was posted at www.toolband.com when the cover art was released:

Some of you may have seen the album mini for Tool’s 10,000 Days on Amazon and on other sites that was posted ONE DAY after we showed it to you on this site (which is what we expected, and why we posted it when we did). Now that it’s out there for all to see, hopefully some of you who have been asking what exactly an album mini is might have a better idea. For those who still don’t know, it’s what a business (such as Amazon) uses to advertise a new product (such as the new Tool CD). Okay? Now, I can hear some of you saying to yourself: “But why does the image on Amazon and the other sites have the logo and album title superimposed over the artwork… when the image on the Tool websites doesn’t?” The answer is quite simple. Because Amazon and others need to include the band’s name and album title along with the artwork so that potential customers will know whose CD it is (don’t ask me why). With that said, the image that we posted on the Tool websites is how this piece of artwork will actually look with the packaging. However, we also wanted to give you a look at the new logo, so we placed it above the album mini. Okay?

Descencia
04-21-2006, 04:21 PM
That is not how the cover will look like in the United States. The following was posted at www.toolband.com when the cover art was released:

Some of you may have seen the album mini for Tool’s 10,000 Days on Amazon and on other sites that was posted ONE DAY after we showed it to you on this site (which is what we expected, and why we posted it when we did). Now that it’s out there for all to see, hopefully some of you who have been asking what exactly an album mini is might have a better idea. For those who still don’t know, it’s what a business (such as Amazon) uses to advertise a new product (such as the new Tool CD). Okay? Now, I can hear some of you saying to yourself: “But why does the image on Amazon and the other sites have the logo and album title superimposed over the artwork… when the image on the Tool websites doesn’t?” The answer is quite simple. Because Amazon and others need to include the band’s name and album title along with the artwork so that potential customers will know whose CD it is (don’t ask me why). With that said, the image that we posted on the Tool websites is how this piece of artwork will actually look with the packaging. However, we also wanted to give you a look at the new logo, so we placed it above the album mini. Okay? Just one last thing for now: I’ve been reading many of the comments on the TA message board (as well as those flooding my in-box) about this particular piece of cover art, and I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate some of your personal thoughts and perceptive insight into the symbology and deeper levels of the striking imagery. It seems that a few of you (those who have commented on the artwork) are also anticipating ‘the bigger picture’ – that which you’ve become accustomed to over the years when it comes to Tool’s art direction. Well, to you, I will only say that you will not be disappointed… and that the key is right there before your very eyes.

The key before our very eyes is the lenses in the eyes. That case in the pic is what the package will look like, and everyone here saw that post because there was 99999999999999999999 threads about it after it was posted. All this speculative masturbation gets absurd after a while.

Squishy
04-21-2006, 04:21 PM

If anyone still cares, you can look at Digipak thread (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=40541) where I & others explained why a viewing device was almost inevitable. Take your chance! Click (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=40541) on it! Witness logical reasoning in action! It's compelling!

Saying that "I was right!", "I knew it all along!" or the classic "I've told you so!" would be rather annoying I guess, so I won't :-p

Dungflowers
04-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Geez.

Why not just ship 10kdays with a viewmaster and a special bonus Scooby Doo caper disc!

Descencia
04-21-2006, 04:29 PM
You know, the only reason they probably picked that Alex Grey painting for the cover is because the eyes on the faces are wide and large enough to put the lenses in and it was a lot easier using that than designing something brand new. Tool is more concerned with functionality when presenting their art than originality it seems, especially if it's intended to be interactive to some degree like the lenses and stereoscopic booklet.

Vexom
04-21-2006, 04:52 PM
So the way I see it the case will have three flaps that fold out vertically. The top being the glasses, the middle being the disk with the back on the other side, and the bottom will be the cover and a booklet of images to view from the glasses on the other side.

edit: and on the other side of the glasses will be the top of the painting by Alex Grey as shown originally on toolband.com and other places which will also probably be on the back of the case similar to one of the fake looking leaks earlier.

phylleb
04-21-2006, 04:54 PM

YUCK

what is stereoscopic mean

Vexom
04-21-2006, 04:59 PM
its were you see two images and when you cross your eyes you get a third in the middle thats 3D. Check out Adams myspace for examples- http://www.myspace.com/adamjonestv

Squishy
04-21-2006, 05:35 PM
So the way I see it the case will have three flaps that fold out vertically. The top being the glasses, the middle being the disk with the back on the other side, and the bottom will be the cover and a booklet of images to view from the glasses on the other side.

Which perfectly explains why in the leaked booklet pages, the stereoscopic pictures are put sideways, with the bottom edge at the fold.

meatchunk
04-21-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't know if anyone has proposed this, but what if their concert imaging is stereaoscopic/3-d as well. Consider this, the new intro on toolband would be bad as hell in 3-d. Also, it would insure the die-hard TOOL fans buy the album even if they didn't like it. As in, the only way to experience the show is to have the lenses on the album cover. Just imagine TOOL playing and all they see is a bunch of bodies holding their new release to their heads watching the show.

Opiate Son
04-21-2006, 06:11 PM
You know, the only reason they probably picked that Alex Grey painting for the cover is because the eyes on the faces are wide and large enough to put the lenses in and it was a lot easier using that than designing something brand new. Tool is more concerned with functionality when presenting their art than originality it seems, especially if it's intended to be interactive to some degree like the lenses and stereoscopic booklet.

yup! i'm sure that's the ONLY reason they would use that image. why don't you go back to crying about how you started this thread so you can get your due credit.....my signature was designed for people like you!

PoisonSkin
04-21-2006, 06:36 PM
I wish there were Tool action figures. You could have 6 for Maynard, Opiate ers/Skater Maynard, Undertow era/Shirtless Bike Shorts creepy Mohawk Maynard, ÆNIMA era, Blue paint with boxers Maynard and also Drag Queen Mime Maynard, Lateralus era Cenobite Leather Maynard. 10,000 Days Sherlock Holmes Maynard.

haha.

moonmaster
04-21-2006, 06:38 PM
So this is how loyal TOOL fans act, huh? Wow, I'm blown away by the insipid arguing and bickering over (in a whiney voice) "That can't be the real album art, and if it is I don't like it...why don't they change it, because I don't like it." or better yet "I downloaded a leak of the album, and I think it's shitty, why don't they go back into the studio and change it, write songs that are less complex and emotional." Grow up...you're all nothing but a bunch of whining little fucking babies. This is TOOL's decision, this is TOOL's music, this is TOOL's album...If you believe you can do it better than by all means be creative and do it, hell that is what TOOL wants...They want fans that are going to take the experience of seeing them perform or the experience of listening to their albums and being inspired by it. If you don't like them or their decisions than you're entitled to that, but please stop whining about everything.

moonmaster
04-21-2006, 06:41 PM
...and another thing. You're all the same people that are going to buy the newest t-shirts and be at the TOOL concerts walking around and acting all arrogant like you're the biggest fucking TOOL fan on the planet. So why play this game folks? Just stop and grow the fuck up. Be human beings...not monkies.

cosplusisin
04-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Geez.

Why not just ship 10kdays with a viewmaster and a special bonus Scooby Doo caper disc!

yeah because tool never did anything like this before

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000099Y.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

bigtard
04-21-2006, 07:27 PM
it's too damn small.

A friend who was at an Australian listening session said that Maynard actually folded the CD itself into quarters before sticking it in his pocket when the listening session was over.

bigtard
04-21-2006, 07:29 PM
If you don't like them or their decisions than you're entitled to that, but please stop whining about everything.

Wait, so only you get to whine? STFU, you moron.

Madrid
04-21-2006, 07:45 PM
Looks like the perfect cover art for a B-Sides album

I hate to say it... but it's true.

What the hell does this album have to do with Alex Gray's artwork?
I think this deserves a new thread.

erazorhead
04-21-2006, 07:47 PM
A friend who was at an Australian listening session said that Maynard actually folded the CD itself into quarters before sticking it in his pocket when the listening session was over.

hahaha
wha?

Gratis
04-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Here's one of the leaked images I've corrected for cross-eyed viewing. There's actually two ways to do it, one was suggested by Squishy (swapping the photos), and this one (reversing each image in place laterally).

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/9062/toolleakreversed9in.jpg

bmeason
04-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Just a thought on the leaked artwork.

Don't know, came to mind. Maynard toasting to his mother (ie represented by the chick in the background).

bah. seems to be the case.

i love the packaging btw.

Gratis
04-22-2006, 03:55 AM
Here are some supposed photos of the packaging:

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2662/tool35jy.jpg
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/6033/tool42jq.jpg
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/8826/tool56sb.jpg
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/1396/tool61xc.jpg

The stereoscopic effect seems reversed on the first one too, like the other scans we've seen.
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5197/new5lh.png

sifted
04-22-2006, 05:30 AM

The stereoscopic effect seems reversed on the first one too, like the other scans we've seen.

thanks for those. now i see how the glasses things work, you don't actually have to take the booklet out, which makes sense that they're 'sideways' or what not.

badshirt
04-22-2006, 05:32 AM
i wish the person who shot the photo knew how to focus the camera.

mmortal03
04-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Isn't it amazing how on the money dvn was? Great job man.

http://www.fourtheye.net/?p=304

Wretched
04-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Isn't it amazing how on the money dvn was? Great job man.

http://www.fourtheye.net/?p=304

Hahaha, you none believers are fucks.

henri_ds
04-22-2006, 08:54 AM
http://www.fourtheye.net/?m=200604

phishman1
04-22-2006, 08:55 AM
yes...the camera-phone is of the devil...

Lost Keys
04-22-2006, 08:59 AM
man that spoiled the shit out of it for me but that looks great.

HookerWithPenis
04-22-2006, 09:02 AM
looks cool and it does have the steroscopic goggles which is awesome and very unique. so i will be pleased if its real of course

5th Eye
04-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Pretty kickass. I'm glad they have pics of all the band members, not just Maynard...this booklet will fascinate for days; even moreso than Ænima.

henri_ds
04-22-2006, 09:04 AM
It's funny how we *still* can't say if there's 1 or 2 cds.

Wretched
04-22-2006, 09:35 AM

Yes we can. Tool said it was only one disc, and so have others.

eonphi
04-22-2006, 09:40 AM
sexy

mmortal03
04-22-2006, 09:43 AM

No kidding. It isn't like the persons taking these more recent pictures don't also have the contents of the package.

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 09:49 AM

It's one CD. There. I said it. Fact.

praefector
04-22-2006, 10:03 AM
yeah its not a double album

you guys can give up on that dream.

you guys think all the journalists were played a fake release while tool had a double album in their back pocket?

some people will believe anything

but the packaging looks great, cant wait to play with it for hours.

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm already playing with "it!"

heh heh.

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 10:13 AM
One thing I noticed in that pic. That's NOT the pic of Maynard. So is it safe to assume each band member will have their own page in the booklet?

By the looks of it, that booklet might be upwards of 50 pages or something. And directly opposing that pic is a text layout that looks like it could be lyrics. That would be a first...

dischordance
04-22-2006, 10:16 AM
it does have the steroscopic goggles which...... Means that half you assholes owe gl0tch here an apology.

Cucumber_11
04-22-2006, 10:23 AM

I could see how they could fit two CD's in there. One in a sleeve type thing on the right (behind the picture that the glasses are looking at) and one under the pages of the booklet in a normal Digipack disc holder.

Just thought id add my two cents.

KFJ
04-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Any lyrics in the booklet?

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 10:31 AM
... Means that half you assholes owe gl0tch here an apology.

Heh, thanks. At the very least, I'm just happy we'll be able to see these images in all their glory. If not, it would be like hearing the new album out of only one side of a pair of headphones. It's great this project is being realized fully.

jitbox
04-22-2006, 10:33 AM
I think I audibly exclaimed "Holy Shit" when I just looked at those pictures for the first time.

This is going to be unbelievably freakin' awesome.

dvn
04-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Woo, I was right bitches.... I posted about this book called "The Universe in 3-D" a week ago...

www.dvnaudio.net/3dbooklet.jpg
www.dvnaudio.net/3dhowto.jpg

-dvn

Volrath
04-22-2006, 10:37 AM

This was posted in the other thread, and the first screenshot does show what appear to be lyrics which would be sweet.
But I wonder how long it will take before people are going to start bitching about the packaging + goggles?

praefector
04-22-2006, 10:37 AM
One thing I noticed in that pic. That's NOT the pic of Maynard. So is it safe to assume each band member will have their own page in the booklet?

By the looks of it, that booklet might be upwards of 50 pages or something. And directly opposing that pic is a text layout that looks like it could be lyrics. That would be a first...

i noticed that too...it appears to be adam in another pic from a different angle

praefector
04-22-2006, 10:38 AM
justin w/ the eagle on his arm = : D

Volrath
04-22-2006, 10:40 AM
The other picture which I posted above, I think shows Justin with an american eagle on his shoulder.

Edit: ^ damn you beat me to it :)

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 10:42 AM
this is going to be SICK. It just dawned on me though... Only HALF of the booklet can be stereoscopic since only one side sits in opposition to the lens (unless the booklet in fact comes out).

I like stereoscopic images, I just dont know if I need four pages wasted on the band members "portraits."

praefector
04-22-2006, 10:44 AM
this is going to be SICK. It just dawned on me though... Only HALF of the booklet can be stereoscopic since only one side sits in opposition to the lens (unless the booklet in fact comes out).

I like stereoscopic images, I just dont know if I need four pages wasted on the band members "portraits."

true, but the booklet looks to be pretty large and include lyrics which is fabulous

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 10:55 AM
well..... we dont know if there will be lyrics in there. I mentioned it on a hunch. From the looks of this pic: http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2662/tool35jy.jpg I see it says "Mixed By: ?, Hollywood, CA"

So there is no pic of lyrics as of yet.

dracomordag
04-22-2006, 10:56 AM
that guys sucks absolute BALLS at taking pictures

04-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Well, that first pictures does not show lyrics but album credits. So it may not have lyrics at all.

praefector
04-22-2006, 11:00 AM
yeah i pounced on the lyrics thing because of the structure

what could they put on those bottom pages to compliment the stereo images then?

04-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Didn't some earlier-released pictures show a flower mandala on the opposite page?

praefector
04-22-2006, 11:10 AM
thats right

i had forgotten about those

those had staples though...and this booklet doesnt look like it would be bound with staples

the plot thickens

Volrath
04-22-2006, 11:14 AM
I don't think this one has been posted yet:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/xsdenied/tool1.jpg

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 11:16 AM
nope, thats new!

Locarius
04-22-2006, 11:16 AM
I think its tacky and too gimmicky.

praefector
04-22-2006, 11:18 AM
yeah it looks a little gimmicky

but i bet is really awesome and youd play with it 10000 times longer than a normal CD

Volrath
04-22-2006, 11:19 AM
I think its tacky and too gimmicky.
And so... the bitching has started. sigh

Scrunzset
04-22-2006, 11:20 AM
well..... we dont know if there will be lyrics in there. I mentioned it on a hunch. From the looks of this pic: http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2662/tool35jy.jpg I see it says "Mixed By: ?, Hollywood, CA"

I'm pretty sure that that's Adam in that pic.

Locarius
04-22-2006, 11:21 AM
No, just stating my opinion. I won't be buying the album anyway so feel free to disregard.

perhan
04-22-2006, 11:28 AM
dont like the fact that the pictures of band members appear in the booklet

Volrath
04-22-2006, 11:28 AM
So let's compare the two we currently have...
The one with the album title on the package (much clearer picture)
http://theninhotline.net/toolnews/archives/news.images/xmdays_package.jpg
The one without the album title on the package (shitty quality)
This implies that we should be able to remove the title from the package ourselves à la lateralus. But how?

EDIT: second pic works again

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 11:29 AM
you're second pic doesnt work, but I know what you mean. Its most probably a sticker that keeps the flap shut. It would be nice if it closed with magnets though.

praefector
04-22-2006, 11:30 AM
This implies that we should be able to remove the title from the package ourselves à la lateralus. But how?

a sticker on the outer wrapping or the printing is part of (printed directly on) the outer wrapping.

toology514
04-22-2006, 11:34 AM
AWESOMENESS TO THE nTH POWER! MUAHAHA

Volrath
04-22-2006, 11:37 AM
a sticker on the outer wrapping or the printing is part of (printed directly on) the outer wrapping.
Sounds cool, guess I'll just have to wait six more days before I hold the thing in my hands. I think I'm going to have some fun playing with those glasses.

Spaceman Spiff
04-22-2006, 11:38 AM
... Means that half you assholes owe gl0tch here an apology.
I was thinking that same thing when I saw the link.well..... we dont know if there will be lyrics in there. I mentioned it on a hunch. From the looks of this pic: http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2662/tool35jy.jpg I see it says "Mixed By: ?, Hollywood, CA"

Is that "North Hollywood, CA"? That's right around the corner from me :(

Novus_Opiate_Seclorum
04-22-2006, 11:53 AM
damn. Not what I was expecting but pretty sweet nonetheless!

randomhero8823
04-22-2006, 11:53 AM
best album packaging EVER!

Oberon
04-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Reminds me of the packaging to Aenima.

Dolophane
04-22-2006, 12:01 PM
If you look at the clear photo (the one with the band name) you'll see the edges of a clear sticker on the cover. I assume it's just a static decal that you can just peel right off.

That said - the packaging looks quite neat.

The Village Too
04-22-2006, 12:02 PM
reminds of some lame gimmick prize in a cracker jacks box

phreak03
04-22-2006, 12:02 PM
holy shit, this is fucking cool, i like it alot

Symbiot
04-22-2006, 12:35 PM
That's awesome that the stereoscope comes with it. Great idea. I have some pictures that I was told is part of the album artwork. I'll post some links, it looks like I have the pic of Maynard so it definitely goes along with the theme.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/jeremythehamster/toolleak2.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/jeremythehamster/toolleak.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/jeremythehamster/leak6es.jpg

P.S. I'm posting these because I see that people on here have posted links to other pictures, I hope it's not a bannable offense.

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 12:36 PM
i like it. ilike it.

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 12:38 PM
That's awesome that the stereoscope comes with it. Great idea. I have some pictures that I was told is part of the album artwork. I'll post some links, it looks like I have the pic of Maynard so it definitely goes along with the theme.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/jeremythehamster/toolleak2.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/jeremythehamster/toolleak.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/jeremythehamster/leak6es.jpg

P.S. I'm posting these because I see that people on here have posted links to other pictures, I hope it's not a bannable offense.

They're everywhere, so I wouldnt worry about it.

imatoolhed
04-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Toolriffic!!!!!!!!is that what the u.s. version will look like?

SoulEdge
04-22-2006, 12:56 PM
that guys sucks absolute BALLS at taking pictures

Finally, someone noticed.

Paradigm619
04-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Anyone get the feeling that something is very wrong with the scale of the album case in these pictures. It looks so small compared to that guy's hand. Maybe I'm just crazy but unless that guy has REALLY big hands, I don't think a CD could fit in that case.

EDIT: When I hold my own hand up to this picture: http://theninhotline.net/toolnews/archives/news.images/xmdays_package.jpg, my hand is the same size as his, but the CD is tiny by comparison.

monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 01:21 PM
i noticed that too paradigm...

wierd... what is that andre the giant holding it?

Boom Boom
04-22-2006, 02:03 PM
I just hope this time there won't be crapier, more cheap version of packaging for EU market! Argggh! Tell me it won't happen! If it does, I'm ordering the album straight from U.S.A...

Sigurd
04-22-2006, 02:23 PM
For something that doesn't sound very much like Lateralus, the album art and symbols sure look a lot like Lateralus.

monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 02:28 PM
For something that doesn't sound very much like Lateralus, the album art and symbols sure look a lot like Lateralus.

are you fucking shitting me?

do you know who alex... nevermind.

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 02:30 PM
maybe they managed to track down the same artist. Like it's a long shot, but jsut a guess.

Sigurd
04-22-2006, 02:31 PM
are you fucking shitting me?

do you know who alex... nevermind.

No I do, I love the art work, I guess what I was trying to say was, when you listen to lateralus and look at the artwork it makes sense, however if you listen to this album and look at artwork that is very much like that in Lateralus it doesnt seem to fit.

gl0tch
04-22-2006, 02:33 PM
No I do, I love the art work, I guess what I was trying to say was, when you listen to lateralus and look at the artwork it makes sense, however if you listen to this album and look at artwork that is very much like that in Lateralus it doesnt seem to fit.

Oh, so you have the actual album in your possession?

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 02:34 PM
i thought everyone did. Didn't you know? thats gotta hurt

Sigurd
04-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Okay excuse me, based on the images we are seeing leaked now...

I'm not bashing, just making an observation, no need to get super defensive

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 02:36 PM
just get super defensive back....
*shrugs*

Cucumber_11
04-22-2006, 02:38 PM
maybe they managed to track down the same artist. Like it's a long shot, but jsut a guess.

Man, do you reckon they managed to do that?

monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 02:40 PM

fuck no...

how could that happen in a... world.

monkeythumbs
04-22-2006, 02:42 PM
i think the greyscale coloring is exactly the color of the music contained.

but what do i know, im one of those morons, who... and get this... ACTUALLY believes its not only the real new TOOL, but that its EVEN GOOD!

damn.

hawk1646
04-22-2006, 02:44 PM
i think the greyscale coloring is exactly the color of the music contained.

But there looks like there's one section attached to the box behind the booklet that, in contrast, is very colorful...hm.

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 02:44 PM
dunno. Maybe they had his phone number.

MoreTool
04-22-2006, 02:46 PM

the second sucks compare to the other. looks fake

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 02:47 PM
nah its not fake.
the guy just cant take a good photo to save his life.

dracomordag
04-22-2006, 02:49 PM
lolorly?

Sigurd
04-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Hmm, well I just wonder what we will discover when we see all the art with the album. Like how they relate to each other and what not. It's not like I think the album is a hoax because I didnt see the art and the music matching, but then again I've only seen leaks so I'll wait for May 2nd

hawk1646
04-22-2006, 02:52 PM

Just pointing out an inconsistancy.

In the first picture, look to the left edge of the box, just above the thumb. There's an eye...look at the size of the iris.

Now open the second picture, look in the same place...what happened to that eye? Does it just look different to me?

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 02:55 PM
well if your pointing inconsistencies, you could also point out that one has the name on it and the other doesn't.
but that eye is still there, the quality of the pic is just shite

bobocrunch
04-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Just pointing out an inconsistancy.

In the first picture, look to the left edge of the box, just above the thumb. There's an eye...look at the size of the iris.

Now open the second picture, look in the same place...what happened to that eye? Does it just look different to me?

Agreed. The iris is barely there in the second pic. Good eyes!

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 03:09 PM
ITS A CONSPIRACY

dracomordag
04-22-2006, 03:15 PM
these pics have just lost 90 percent of their credibility

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 03:16 PM
well. what do people expect. they're both two different covers anyway. one has a name, the other doesn't.

slicknickshady
04-22-2006, 03:37 PM
i cant believe some people think these are fakes. some people could have the album in there hands and they would think it's fake.

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 03:37 PM
thats what we call INDENIAL

Sigurd
04-22-2006, 03:39 PM
They don't both have to be fake....just one of them