PDA

View Full Version : 5:00 - 5:39

ukm
04-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Anyone else get chills from the build up starting at 5:00 that releases at 5:39? Specifically the vocal harmonizing during "Fetch me the spirit, the son and the father. Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.".. Listening to it in bed with the lights out and nothing stimulating the senses but the song has an almost eerie effect on me at this part.

zoomster
04-21-2006, 09:42 AM
yeah that's good

evrenseven
04-21-2006, 09:50 AM
I completely agree. It's very poignant to me because my gf's grandmother just passed away, a devout catholic who led a very tough life and had a lot of reasons to be bitter but wasn't...

moleman
04-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Ahh yes. I had this going on my ipod today walking up a hill. just got chills listening to that bit. Awesome stuff!!

Seethus
04-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Anyone else get chills from the build up starting at 5:00 that releases at 5:39? Specifically the vocal harmonizing during "Fetch me the spirit, the son and the father. Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.".. Listening to it in bed with the lights out and nothing stimulating the senses but the song has an almost eerie effect on me at this part.
agreed, but the entire song is awesome too right?

hbynoe
04-22-2006, 12:07 PM
i get chills from start to end
this whole day has made me overwhelmed

undeniable dilemma
04-22-2006, 12:42 PM
That is my favorite part of the song.

04-22-2006, 01:22 PM
The last 3 minutes are easily the best part of the song, from when Maynard starts singing "Set as I am.." Gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

hbynoe
04-22-2006, 01:29 PM
The last 3 minutes are easily the best part of the song, from when Maynard starts singing "Set as I am.." Gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.
he just started singing that :)

vicariouslyeye
04-23-2006, 08:02 AM

dito my favourite part too

eN!gma
04-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Has anyone already mentioned that this beauty reaches its climax exactly in the middle? I don't think this is a coincidence..

Sagacious Foetu
04-23-2006, 09:13 AM
just reading the lyrics here got me really choked up. :(

and yes, i did notice how specific and perfectly planned the harmonization was during this part. especially the "tell them..." part. how did they manage that harmonization? you don't hear that often.

Staid
04-23-2006, 01:03 PM

Not only did I get chills but it brought tears to my eyes. The combination of those words with the harmonizing as you mention... incredible. I listened to the track in bed right after I woke up with ear bud shure headphones and no outside noise. I think eerie is a great way to describe it.

Oh, and good luck versus MC ubernerd... HEYOOO I FOUND JEW

Tone Loc
04-23-2006, 03:38 PM

Yep.

OpenYour3rdEye
04-23-2006, 03:48 PM
i get chills from start to end
this whole day has made me overwhelmed

QFT. 100% truth

auto-de-fe
04-23-2006, 08:04 PM
This section is an amazing part. However, I wonder if there is any significance to MJK's rearrangement of the Trinity. Almost all the Creeds say Father, Son and Spirit while MJK says Spirit, Son, and Father. Very interesting. I have been trying to figure it out in my free time. Anybody have any thoughts?

music_man23
04-23-2006, 08:29 PM
i think it should get way heavier after this, at around 5.38 it should do more!! It is good, but think lateralus (the song) at the ^Massive Gong Smash^ "Far away our will and when we may just go where noones bin..." or Aenima at any time when he say "Freaks here in this.....Hopeless Fukn...."

I think im just digging at DC to use more chinas.