PDA

View Full Version : You Guy Are Thinking Too Hard

identitat soldat
04-21-2006, 08:23 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but it's pretty obvious to me that this song is just about violence in the media.

I've been trying to make the same point forever. There has never been a night of news (especially my local news) that didn't involve someone getting killed or some shit like that.

Sorry if there's already been a thread about this, I rarely come here.

ProdigyDub
04-21-2006, 09:50 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but it's pretty obvious to me that this song is just about violence in the media.

I've been trying to make the same point forever. There has never been a night of news (especially my local news) that didn't involve someone getting killed or some shit like that.

Sorry if there's already been a thread about this, I rarely come here.

I laughed when you said "I've been trying to make the same point forever".

You know there are ongoing studies of all sorts that have suggested the presence of a "negativity bias" in the media for decades? It's very well documented.

Maynard isn't singing about something here that only a few people know about. LOTS of people have been trying to make the same point.

WilliamGraves
04-21-2006, 09:55 AM
I'd love to watch bowling for columbine on mute with this song playing. Especially pertaining to the segment were they overload you with images from news stories. COPS,etc.......

identitat soldat
04-21-2006, 12:56 PM
I laughed when you said "I've been trying to make the same point forever".

You know there are ongoing studies of all sorts that have suggested the presence of a "negativity bias" in the media for decades? It's very well documented.

Maynard isn't singing about something here that only a few people know about. LOTS of people have been trying to make the same point.

It's also pretty obvious that when you turn on the news all you're really going to hear are reports like "old man burns to death in house fire," "some black kid shot a store clerk," or my favorite, "young innocent white girl is kidnapped."

placidium
04-21-2006, 01:00 PM
maynard is talking about how people love to see bad things happen to people.

not just in the media.

think of rome.

and he's saying that he feels the same way, and he is shocked by it.

ProdigyDub
04-21-2006, 01:22 PM
It's also pretty obvious that when you turn on the news all you're really going to hear are reports like "old man burns to death in house fire," "some black kid shot a store clerk," or my favorite, "young innocent white girl is kidnapped."

I'm not disagreeing with you. It just sounded like you felt like you were the only person who noticed this phenomenon before Vicarious came out.

Gurdjieff Hubbard
04-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Placidium, you are my new hero!!! Wonderfully stated, and SPOT-ON, mate. "Noone is innocent"

right_in_three
04-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah it's kinda weird with all the "Stinkfist 2" theories and whatnot. At least people put thought into it.

Maybe that's a bad thing.