PDA

View Full Version : My Thought that SHOULD end this hoax.... (maybe)

homsniff
04-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Alright i've come across some information about the album name '10,000 Days'. Maynards mother Judith was paryalised in an accident or from sickness (that is yet to be confirmed). But what we are certain about is that she was paryralised for approx. 27 years - 10,000 days, untill 2003 when she sadly passed away. Now we believe the song '10,000 Days (Wings Pt2)' is writin about her passing. If this is true.... Then this song itself was writen recently and is quite emotimal. To say that this song is a fake would be ludicrious. For Maynard (or anyone) to write such things about their desiced mother and then to give it the lable of 'Fake' of 'Hoax' doesnt seem right, to anyone. We all know 'Judith' (from APC) was writin about his mother from the lyrics (and song title), so here are some lyrics from '10,000 Days (Wings Pt2):

High as a wave, but I'll rise on up off the ground.
You are the light and the way, they'll only read about.
I only pray God knows when to lift you out.
Ten thousand days in the fire is long enough, you're going home.

You're the only one who can hold your head up high
Shake your fists at the gates saying:
"I have come home now!
Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
It's time now
My time now
Give me my, give me my wings!"

You are the light and way that they will only read about.

Set as I am in my wings and my arrogance
Burning all through tossed upon the believers
You were my witness
My eyes, my evidence
Judith Marie
Unconditional one.

I hope it gives some light on this issue cause it has had alot of interest lately. Again its just our opinon, so it could be wrong...

Please post some comments.

Alveolate
04-21-2006, 07:33 AM
the thing is, i believe that this NEW song that WAS recorded recently was put on this album (the decoy) to make it more believable that it IS real. see what i'm saying?

bonus.cheese
04-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Posted soo many times. This infomation was obvious and so readily available.

This thread fails.

homsniff
04-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Posted soo many times. This infomation was obvious and so readily available.

This thread fails.

Just whent through the forums and found another one stating the same thing....

I apolagise.

Descencia
04-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Also this is the 3rd song about his mother. Jimmy seems to be about when she had her stroke and him not knowing how to deal with it since he was only 11. Judith appears to be an expression of his anger over it and that her God allowed it to happen. 10,000 Days and Wings For Marie is about her death and acceptance of it and letting her go. This catharsis appears to be done for Maynard. She died in 2001 and that was when the opening of it was played during the tour. So the genesis of that song probably happened due to her death.

homsniff
04-21-2006, 07:52 AM
I believe it was 2003

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Maynard_James_Keenan

Alveolate
04-21-2006, 07:54 AM
yeah, it was in 2003. It was actually right before i saw APC here in Providence. I'd say a few days before.

skizzott
04-21-2006, 08:40 AM
She passed on 6-18-2003

Descencia
04-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Ok, sorry.

Vianney
04-21-2006, 12:11 PM
maybe he hated his mom

sound.out.light
04-21-2006, 12:19 PM
maybe he hated his mom
hahahahaha

xmorteferoz
04-21-2006, 12:25 PM
.. Stop thinking of it as a "hoax" or a "fake" or a "decoy," and you wouldn't have this problem. Think of it as a two-CD release instead.

Do I believe it? Nah, I'm not convinced. But it's more believable than the stupid "hoax" shit. This album isn't fake.

homsniff
04-21-2006, 04:28 PM
.. Stop thinking of it as a "hoax" or a "fake" or a "decoy," and you wouldn't have this problem. Think of it as a two-CD release instead.

Do I believe it? Nah, I'm not convinced. But it's more believable than the stupid "hoax" shit. This album isn't fake.

Yeah good point, i dont think it is a fake OR a double cd. You know im totally happy with this album. Its just so diverse, like 'The Pot' has a hell Undertow feel to it but Maynard didn't have the voice to recored that 13 years ago. Not to say he had a shite voice, he has definaty got the best male vocals in my opinon, it just wasnt his style back then.

But i do think they made a mistake by releasing that 'fake' for Lateralus. A lot of ppl now are wondering "are they doing the same now?", and that could lose them a few fans. They are expecting more now, so when May the 2nd comes around and if we find out that it is no change, they will be disapointed.

Look i hope they bring out something else. That means we get twice the music from this great band!! But i think the chances are slim and i wouldn't get ya hopes up.

imatoolhed
04-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Also this is the 3rd song about his mother. Jimmy seems to be about when she had her stroke and him not knowing how to deal with it since he was only 11. Judith appears to be an expression of his anger over it and that her God allowed it to happen. 10,000 Days and Wings For Marie is about her death and acceptance of it and letting her go. This catharsis appears to be done for Maynard. She died in 2001 and that was when the opening of it was played during the tour. So the genesis of that song probably happened due to her death.what about the song the noose? i thought it was kind of follow up to judith? like a coming to terms with her death? wouldn't be the first time i was wrong.
TOOL LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Let Down
04-21-2006, 11:37 PM
the song could have been written in the past.

the lyrics are written in a present tense - suggesting his mother is still alive:

"daylight dims, leaving cold flouresence, difficult to see you in this light,
please forgive this, bold suggestion, should you see your maker's face tonight,
look em in the eye, look em in the eye, and tell them, i never lived a lie, never took a life, but surely saved one, hallelujah, its time for you to bring me home."

'difficult to see you in this light' - obviously means that's it's difficult for him to come to term with her CURRENT condition.

'should you see your maker's face tonight' - again suggesting that she is not yet passed

'it's time for you to bring me home' - further suggesting she has not passed

very possibly could have been written before she died.

Believer
04-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Alright i've come across some information about the album name '10,000 Days'. Maynards mother Judith was paryalised in an accident or from sickness (that is yet to be confirmed). But what we are certain about is that she was paryralised for approx. 27 years - 10,000 days, untill 2003 when she sadly passed away. Now we believe the song '10,000 Days (Wings Pt2)' is writin about her passing. If this is true.... Then this song itself was writen recently and is quite emotimal. To say that this song is a fake would be ludicrious. For Maynard (or anyone) to write such things about their desiced mother and then to give it the lable of 'Fake' of 'Hoax' doesnt seem right, to anyone. We all know 'Judith' (from APC) was writin about his mother from the lyrics (and song title), so here are some lyrics from '10,000 Days (Wings Pt2):

High as a wave, but I'll rise on up off the ground.
You are the light and the way, they'll only read about.
I only pray God knows when to lift you out.
Ten thousand days in the fire is long enough, you're going home.

You're the only one who can hold your head up high
Shake your fists at the gates saying:
"I have come home now!
Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
It's time now
My time now
Give me my, give me my wings!"

You are the light and way that they will only read about.

Set as I am in my wings and my arrogance
Burning all through tossed upon the believers
You were my witness
My eyes, my evidence
Judith Marie
Unconditional one.

I hope it gives some light on this issue cause it has had alot of interest lately. Again its just our opinon, so it could be wrong...

Please post some comments.
Yeah it's a good song but seriously...... THEY FOLLOW IT UP WITH THE POT!!!

Who would do such a thing with such a great song? Especially with that intro to transition it with. At least put Lipan Conjuring between them or something.