PDA

View Full Version : I think I figured it out (the import albums are the key)

JayCal
04-21-2006, 06:11 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but here's what I'm thinking. On May 16 all of those import albums are coming out (the re-releases of the past Tool albums). A lot of people have mentioned that most of the songs on 10,000 Days sound like b-sides from past Tool albums, stylistically. So what if the leaked version of 10,000 Days is just a compilation of the extra songs that are being added onto the re-released import albums? That would make it a decoy, and then the real 10,000 Days, the real new songs, would come out on May 2. Vicarious could still be the legitimate new single, though, and could actually be a new song from the real 10,000 Days. Whaddya think?

placidium
04-21-2006, 06:17 AM
it would work if AK and Kabir were just in on the hoax, their reviews were the only specific ones I think.

but I really, really, really like this album regardless of who it's by or if it's the real LP or how long it took to write it.

JayCal
04-21-2006, 06:21 AM
It's not hard to think that they'd be in on the hoax, though. I really think this theory has tons of merit, it makes a lot of sense.

rsh
04-21-2006, 06:23 AM
all of these theories are YOUR theories remember, its what you would like to see happen.

Dont get me wrong, im there with you, but its unlikely.

nakleh
04-21-2006, 06:29 AM
I was thinking the same thing actually.. I'm for this theory!

As a b-sides compilation, it's great. As their new CD after waiting for 5 years, not so hot.

Jn.

JayCal
04-21-2006, 06:30 AM
I figured it out, I figured it out ;)

rsh
04-21-2006, 06:39 AM
how about you wait till the cd comes out first.

Tachyon
04-21-2006, 06:44 AM
The hoax-theory would be pushing the enveloppe but what would it be the decoy for. Do you think there's a secret factory especially for making the real cd? Don't you think that employee's wouldn't leak the real thing? I don't know if you can get a lot of cash for leaking an album???

DaMa
04-21-2006, 06:50 AM
Doesnt Amazon always offer imports? I saw many import CD's from Japan offered at Amazon and of course they are more expensive then due to the shipment and all.

I see no proof for the decoy album/dual disc/tow album theory in that.

bonch
04-21-2006, 07:04 AM
I think many of you will be severely disappointed on May 2nd if you get your hopes up too high.

demoncleaner
04-21-2006, 07:33 AM
The hoax-theory would be pushing the enveloppe but what would it be the decoy for. Do you think there's a secret factory especially for making the real cd? Don't you think that employee's wouldn't leak the real thing? I don't know if you can get a lot of cash for leaking an album???

Depends on where they're made. Most production companies make employees sign confidentiality agreements. Besides, what are the chances that some old woman working on an assembly line is going to risk her job to leak an album. How much would she gain?

MorfiusX
04-21-2006, 07:44 AM
There doesn't have to be a super-secret facility if the true ablum will come out in say a month later than what we are listening to now. What if the leak is a true Tool album? Why haven't we seen the "actual" content? It might come out in after this and manufactuing hasn't started yet. Just a though. Yumm, gasoline.

Strife21
04-21-2006, 12:24 PM
It cant really come out after this becuase I think people expect to here the new material when they tour.