PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the war?

Conan_McMurtrie
03-22-2003, 04:08 AM
My God, those images of the Baghdad bombings last night were HORRIFIC. I'm so frustrated with the way they've conforted us into think this war is 'ok', that its a good war, a nice war, a war where no one dies, a war of 'liberation'. There is absolutely no WAY that this war will result in anything but large scale death. Dick Chenney will be licking his lips at the propect of this 'reconstruction' of iraq contract he's involved with(in simple terms, it means big bucks for him). Its strange that the only place all over the planet where demonstrations were forcibly repressed was in the states(well no, some of the Islamic regimes used the police against demonstrations, e.g. Yemen). Ah, demoncracy. Freedom.

We failed miserably to raise awareness of the 3000 civilians deaths caused by the war in Afghanistan (yes, numbers on the same scale as 9/11), and so now its been allowed to happen again.

The world, unfortunately, keeps rolling, and doesn't change.

bringerofbasses
03-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Wrong place to post this stuff, my friend. Unless, it has something to do with Lateralus. Otherwise, check out the Socialize section.

Andy
03-22-2003, 04:16 PM
I personally fully support the war, and I hope it takes them longer to find Saddam cause they'll just keep bombing the entire country until they find him. Bush gave Saddam an ultimatum and Saddam didnt comply so good on him for taking action.

jpmanson
03-22-2003, 04:24 PM
well, havent we heard that the idea of this war is to liberate the civilians in iraq?

how hard will that be if there are none left..

George Bush Sr.
03-22-2003, 06:03 PM
I just heard something really fucked up about one of our troops. He is being questioned for throwing 3 grenades and shooting 2 soldiers in our army. There are around 13 people that were hurt and 4 severely hurt. The attack was in the high ranking officers tent. Maybe he was experiencing something like Full Metal Jacket, but didn't want to kill himself. It's just fucked up.

jpmanson
03-22-2003, 06:20 PM
www.aljazeera.net/news/arabic/2003/3/3-22-26.htm