PDA

View Full Version : So the Vicarious vid should follow suit as a claymation video.

Etch_Coli
04-20-2006, 09:43 PM
If wiki is any indication.

Jones' studies began in 1983 at the Hollywood Makeup Academy by learning "straight make-up," because he thought it would help him out. His focus of interest shifted to film, and he began to work as a sculptor and special effects designer where he learned the stop-motion camera techniques he would later apply in Tool's videos for Sober, Prison Sex, Stinkfist, Ænema, Schism, Parabola, and Vicarious.

Linkage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Jones

As always, sorry if this has been posted.

Heroin
04-21-2006, 04:33 AM
whatever kind of vid the make for it, its sure to be good

ID-entity
04-21-2006, 04:33 AM
AJ always comes through with something special.

Seethus
04-21-2006, 04:35 AM
AJ always comes through with something special.
Indeed. Little known fact, AJ did some art on the Predator movie. That answers the question, why I always loved that movie ^^

Heroin
04-21-2006, 04:35 AM
whatever kind of vid the make for it, its sure to be good

i personally would like to see them do something different, but the stop motion/claymation has been like there trademark

Scratch
04-21-2006, 04:43 AM
oops!

phreak03
04-21-2006, 04:54 AM
cool find, thanks

Perseensilmä
04-21-2006, 05:03 AM
Indeed. Little known fact, AJ did some art on the Predator movie. That answers the question, why I always loved that movie ^^

he sculpted one of the skulls in Predator 2. I´d say that his artistic contribution to the whole series was quite minimal.

Headmusic
04-21-2006, 11:09 AM
He's done quite a bit. He was involved in the second terminator movie, and at least one of the nightmare on elm street movies. His original love seems to be sculptures and stop motion, but don't be surprised if there's some CGI as well. The last couple of videos, as well as a lot of the live stuff, has quite a bit of CGI. I imagine there will be more, higher quality digital stuff this time around as well.