everlastingpmpkn
04-20-2006, 09:41 PM
SAME

tDoXoMl
04-21-2006, 12:07 AM
that just happened to me tonight too!

Carbonatedgravy
04-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Hmm. Maybe one day I'll be apologizing to The Pot.

jedi_head
04-21-2006, 12:49 AM
let it fly man. this song is fuckin ridiculously heavy, and will rock off my friggin jocks live. PEACE.

lateral_circle
04-21-2006, 01:10 AM
The whole album is HEAVY. In a new way. Keep listening.....................

ID-entity
04-21-2006, 04:31 AM
<---Former hater

Vicarious=domination
Good to see your coming around.

Mortal Moxie
04-21-2006, 10:34 AM
That's why you can never judge Tool songs off the bat.

KingSigy
04-21-2006, 10:40 AM
And thats why this album owns, lol

Headmusic
04-21-2006, 10:45 AM
I remember hating Sober when I first heard it. I remember not feeling Stinkfist when I first heard it. And I remember feeling disappointment when I heard The Grudge for the first time. In fact, everything I come to love the most I don't like at first. It's usually pretty normal for something I do like right away to not last very long.

Inner_Eulogy
04-21-2006, 01:30 PM
That's why you can never judge Tool songs off the bat.

I agree, I remember when Lateralus came out and the distinct difference of it compared to Aenima and I kinda didn't like it at first until I listened to it through many times but then it REALLY grew on me and since I thought it was their best piece of art yet. And I totally dig the new album as well, would still be great if some of the conspiracies are true and we still have another album....more Tool=GOOD

placidium
04-21-2006, 01:34 PM
it's funny how we all new not to judge it on the first listens, but did anyway, because we went in with expectations.

tool just keep throwing us curve balls and busting us in the mouth.

temporrari
04-21-2006, 02:05 PM
I just want to say this, even though it's been said already. This song is absolutely AMAZING. When I frst heard it I thought it had some elements that sounded more like APC, I wasn't really sure what to think of it. But not anymore. This song is 100% Tool and it is fucking incredible. It gets better every time I hear it.

So far it's the only song that I've listened to, I am waiting for May 2nd.

Ethirakith
04-21-2006, 02:14 PM
I remember when I used to dislike Lateralus compared to everything they've done, and now its my favorite album they've done..

They said this album would be their heaviest, I think it is in many ways, it has some of their heaviest songs, but I think emotionally it's their heaviest album.. A heavy heart? Heavy can be used to describe the weight of emotions, too.

Nietzsche's Dead
04-21-2006, 03:06 PM
tool just keep throwing us curve balls and busting us in the mouth.

nice fucking line, :D

<- agreed.

Cold silence
04-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Fuckin love it.... need more... I'm gonna wait it out

right_in_three
04-21-2006, 03:19 PM
It's awesome. I've heard it a million times and I still don't skip over it. It's like a little comforting familiarity before diving into the unknown. Or at least it was the first listen. Now it's all utter bliss.

monkeythumbs
04-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Hmm. Maybe one day I'll be apologizing to The Pot.

yes you will.

you people amaze me, but dont dissapoint, you have all made me right while youve made yourselves wrong.

the single is great, the album is a masterpiece for what it is... an album made by mortal men. :P

the pot becomes curiously addictive after you let go the awkwardness of his vocal inflections for the verses (its like a whole new world of WTF)

even rosetta stoned becomes GREAT after you "let go" and hear it for what it is.

orimazd
04-21-2006, 05:11 PM
When I first heard the entirety of Lateralus, in May 2002, I put it away for a few months because I only cared about a few songs (Parabola, Schism, Lateralis, especially Lateralis, and to this day it rocks like the first time), and the rest were too dragged out for me. Some time in probably August, I decided to listen to it again, and it was completely different. Judge it the first time, because it is absolutely unavoidable, especially on the first listen, but be prepared for your judgements to change over time.

And in December I actually paid for it, because I could afford to :D

burning bridges
04-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Vicarious seems to sound much better in context with the rest of the album rather than alone like many Tool songs.

Bill_Hix
04-21-2006, 07:21 PM
I too owe the song an appology. I attacked the shit out of it when it first came out.

panocha21
04-21-2006, 11:08 PM
I really liked the song when I first heard it. But after hearing the album, it's probably my least favorite.