PDA

View Full Version : I don't think it's the lyrics that matter here.. (the song is the stone)

knate
04-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Let me start off with saying that I love this song. I can’t say it’s my favorite, everything on this disk is incredible.

There have been plenty of references to the familiar sounds in this track to previous Tool songs.

The significance of the actual Rosetta Stone wasn’t the content of the stone, it was the fact that it contained a language that was known, and one that wasn’t deciphered, creating a starting point for the eventual translation of Egyptian hieroglyphs.

For me, it seems that the lyrics are telling a story, as the decree in the stones. But through that story, through those similarities, there is another message. I love the story, I think the lyrics are great, but I think there is much more to this song then that. There always is. What if the references to other songs are the parts of the key?

I think Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned is a code for us to decrypt. Instead of a physcial object, it's an abstract thing, a song.

‘You are the chosen one, the one who will deliver the message’

What’s the message? I just have no clue what that could be.

But it appears to be a starting point.

Mescaline
04-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Yea this track rocks too much!!!!
I think the message is "tell the humans to wake the fuck up" before you fuck everything up.
check out my DMT rosetta stone relation thread :)

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=42610

troutp
04-20-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that the message on the album, is

"Humans, stop the fighting over nonsensical bullshit and start showing some compassion, by whatever means necessary."

Mescaline
04-20-2006, 08:41 PM
yes. it doesn't make sense for us to kill ourselves. its just a vicious cycle.

TO SEE good without EVIL is like up without a down. and that to make an ideal of pursuing the good is like trying to get rid of the left by turning constantly to the right. One is therefore compelled to go round in circles.!!!!!

FistFck
04-20-2006, 08:51 PM
i tmight actually be "you, the album 10000 days, are to deliver a message, but shit, the album forgot to bring a pen... " maybe it was supposed to tell the listeners that this isnt the real album........

oh yeah. snakes on a plane.

Winner
04-20-2006, 08:58 PM
i tmight actually be "you, the album 10000 days, are to deliver a message, but shit, the album forgot to bring a pen... " maybe it was supposed to tell the listeners that this isnt the real album........

oh yeah. snakes on a plane.

What the hell is snakes on a plane?!....

...just kidding

andrew7667
04-20-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure the references to older Tool songs have any real meaning. How would H. fit into an alien abduction/LSD trip?

ljasonl
04-20-2006, 10:53 PM
5 points

Thetics
04-20-2006, 11:16 PM
good theory. hense why Right in Two is the next song? :p