PDA

View Full Version : The Rosetta Stone, hieroglyphs and N,N DMT

Mescaline
04-20-2006, 07:26 PM
The Rosetta Stone is a granite stone found in Egypt; the stone was the key to deciphering the hieroglyphs;

DMT and Ayahuasca has been used for thousands, of years by native Indians (Lipan Conjuring has indian chanting :) ) and mestizo shamans and mayans....for visions and healing

I find it interesting that people (including myself) who use N,N DMT as a tool experience hieroglyphs, sacred geometry and other forms of symbolic symbolism, and in many cases entities and alien abduction/communication.

It seems as if the person in the song experiences these entities, and then comes back to his body not being able to write it down, having no pen.

"Strapped down in my bed.
Feet cold and eyes red. I’m out of my head. Am I alive, Am I dead?"

In most experiences you lose sense of self and body functions and often experience life and death simultaneously.

Dr. Rick Strassman DMT the Spirit Molecule is awesome - Alex Grey did the front page. art (http://dailygrail.com/images/BC_dmt_spirit_molecule_0.jpg)
"His detailed account of those sessions is an extraordinarily riveting inquiry into the nature of the human mind and the therapeutic potential of psychedelics. DMT, a plant-derived chemical found in the psychedelic Amazon brew, ayahuasca, is also manufactured by the human brain. In Strassman's volunteers, it consistently produced near-death and mystical experiences. Many reported convincing encounters with intelligent nonhuman presences, aliens, angels, and spirits. Nearly all felt that the sessions were among the most profound experiences of their lives. "

Strassman's research connects DMT with the pineal gland, considered by Hindus to be the site of the seventh chakra (Third EYE) to be the seat of the soul. DMT: The Spirit Molecule makes the bold case that DMT, naturally released by the pineal gland, facilitates the soul's movement in and out of the body and is an integral part of the birth and death experiences.
Strassman also believes that "alien abduction experiences" are brought on by accidental releases of DMT

Here's a quote from an experience (http://www.dmtworld.org/showthread.php?t=813)
" was left with the notion that creativity is one purpose of existence; we are meant to evolve toward them, become like that, entities beyond the physical plane, and make universes, palaces of thought, gnostic hieroglyphs of our own, as they made this one"

"Strassman's psychonauts regularly found themselves hurtled into alien laboratories, high-tech nurseries, and Day-Glo hieroglyphic hypercubes."

It is obvious tool has been influenced heaps by psychedelic drugs... It's all over Lateralus... and on 10,000 days. I thank them for telling me about them ... I have seen and learned ALOT. They should not be abused.. they are valuable tools.

Alan Watts is highly recommended to guide you to open your eyes :)

Nate-dogg21
04-20-2006, 07:31 PM
i knew it man, i knew there was some sort of connection

Mescaline
04-20-2006, 07:44 PM
These cosmic experiences have shown me that dualities which we think the world is made out of and keeps everything seperate is infact all one. That black belongs to white. white depends on black to exist and vice versa. they fundamentally co exist. good is evil, evil is good. 2 sides of the same coin. (and that is the meaning to life )

When the ego is dissolved there are no boundries between yourself and the world. anything is possible... because its only your illusion which keeps you seperate from the universe... You are infact a part of everything.. It's all right here in this very moment. right now. and when you see that DEATH is LIFE and LIFE IS DEATH. you will understand. We are multi dimensional beings in these bodies.
We as human beings have jst conditioned ourselves to think and feel and see in this way that we do now... there is so much more!!!! it's all infront of us. We jst have to find a way to see it.

and Psychedelics allow you to experience this open state of awareness for a while...

IT is time to WAKE UP everybody!!!!!

troutp
04-20-2006, 08:32 PM
DMT and Salvia divinorum produced the most mind-blowing trips of any chemical I've been done...try them if you dare

Stev
04-20-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm all for psychedelics, don't get me wrong - but symbolic symbolism? Is there another kind?

vokour15
04-21-2006, 12:30 AM
ayahuasca is the real deal!

praefector
04-21-2006, 08:00 AM
nice find

i wasnt aware the connection between dmt and the spirit center..

anyone recall seeing the "silver cord" using this substance?

Mescaline
04-24-2006, 03:56 PM
astral projection !? yea that would be interesting.
Astral Projection goa psychedelic trance rocks btw!!!!! ;)

the spice expands life. the spice expands consciousness. the spice is vital to space travel.

themayanlion
04-24-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm all for psychedelics, don't get me wrong - but symbolic symbolism? Is there another kind?

haha.

it's like an atm machine

kidadavepushin
04-24-2006, 09:49 PM
The Splitting Of Van Tassel's Giant Rock

On February 23, 2000, The High Desert Star newspaper reported that the world s largest, freestanding boulder broke into two pieces. A third of it broke off, exposing a gleaming white granite interior.

The Giant Rock is famous in Native American culture, since it and the surrounding land are Holy Ground. It was the place where the northern and southern tribes met each year. Native Americans call the Giant Rock The Great Stone. And to them, the Great Stone symbolizes the Great Spirit.

In times past, tribal ceremonies at this site often lasted up to three days. During the ceremonies, none of the ordinary citizens of the tribe were allowed to be near the Rock; instead, they had to camp a mile or so away from the proceedings. On the North side of the Rock is the Sign of the Scorpion, purportedly put there by an Indian chief . To the Indians, the sign signifies a good place According to reports; it is the only official Native American sign on the Giant Rock. No other markings were permitted. At the Giant Rock, the chiefs would commune with the spirits of the "Rock People" who prophesized that one day the Mother would split open and a new era would begin. Many see the recent splitting of the rock as a prophesy fulfilled.

In his book, "The Secret of the Beloved Disciple," James Twyman wrote extensively about two important and contemporary Shamans active in the Southern Calif. area: Shri Naath Devi and Fr. John, a priest from LA.

Twyman reported that on 19 and 20 February 2000, Shri Naath Devi gathered fellow healers to meditate near Giant Rock. She said that Native people had stopped holding ceremonies in the area and that violent upheavals would occur. She went on to say that if the Mother accepted the scheduled prayers, then the Giant rock would split at the side, relieving pressure on the Earth s tectonic plates. If the prayers were not accepted, then Giant Rock would split directly down the middle. Keep in mind that the Giant Rock had not moved for millions of years. Nonetheless, the next morning the boulder hadn t simply cracked; rather, an entire third of it broke off. Twyman reports that Devi interpreted the splitting of the Rock as a positive sign that indicated that the Mother had opened her arms to mankind.

Native American prophecies say
"the day when Motherearth splits the stone open, a new era will begin."

kidadavepushin
04-24-2006, 09:50 PM
confused? See last picture of current news letter. http://www.toolband.com/news/

soydeedo
04-25-2006, 12:44 AM
heh. on that newsletter page there is this excerpt:

In looking around the place, somewhat sadly, I quickly realized that I preferred the black and white photos of the Giant Rock as it appeared in the so-called halcyon days. The way it was before it was scarred with graffiti, with even the exposed sparkling granite interior spray-painted with swastikas, 'occult' clichés and some pimply tweaker's homage to "Slayer."
and then on the last picture that you reference, kidadavepushin, there in nice fat letterling at the base of the rock are the words 'tool' and '10,000 days'. how sad.

Supergroup
04-25-2006, 06:29 AM
If anyone here hasn't read "Breaking Open The Head" by Daniel Pinchbeck... you should.

kidadavepushin
04-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Breaking Open the head is a wonderful title. I have a selection from it in my copy of Book Of Lies, a wonderful oversized volume from Disinformation containing everything you need to know to get a foothold in the most profound magickal memes, occult theories, and practical applications that have influenced modern magickal thought in all of it's diverse forms. Sorry if this sounds like an add. This material has altered my perception of reality in such a possitive way that I feel it should be promoted, especially to Tool fans, who whether they know it or not have each been affected by the magickal workings of the musicians. This is bigger than music.

Wingedson
04-25-2006, 01:34 PM
I can understand the need to crack the personality and belief structures that specifically, Americans carry around. I did my share of mushrooms, tried acid a few times, smoke a ton of pot, smoked salvia a few times. They cracked me alright. I knew there was an alternate reality involving spirits, intelligent energies and a universe that was involved and alive. These tools can be helpful, but they are not necessary. Please don't get caught in the trap of thinking these tools are the answer to attaining any lasting states of consciousness. Once you have the realization that you are so seeking please stop, they damage subtle energy bodies in the human energy field that take masterful energy work to fix, if they can be restored at all. There are points of focus/awareness in the energy field that can an assemblage points. It is a collection of threads of awareness that shift when one takes drugs, these threads don't stay shifted from drug experience, one returns to a more "normal" human consciousness after the "trip. The threads become damaged and altered. Try meditation and self inquiry, and finding a real spiritual teacher who is healthy and awakened, not a conjurer and false prophet type that is rampant in the New Age community these days. Ask the universe for a real teacher that will show you to the real teachings. You will receive. This is my request for any that will hear it, and this is my rant for those who will not.

kidadavepushin
04-25-2006, 02:27 PM
I've damaged my subtle energy body through multiple high level Dextromethorphan doses (along with lsd, but I'm pretty sure the main culprit was the dxm). I don't believe I will ever be coming down. My nervous system is all out of whack. And it's a good thing I was such a bright, educated kid. I seem to have lost the ability to learn and remember like I used to, although I remember grieving the loss of my mental faculties in the year or so following that 4 month binge.

ZeroPointEther
04-26-2006, 12:26 AM
This is so weird. I'm a computer technician. I just drove to a customer to pick up his PC for repairs. While returning home I was listening to one particular song : "Rosetta Stoned", wondering what it is all about. Back home the first thing I do is start up his PC and there is this program on his desktop "The Rosetta Stone"...which after some research leads me here.

What a strange coincidence. But at least it made my day a little more interesting...

seneca77
04-26-2006, 05:15 AM
DMT and Salvia divinorum produced the most mind-blowing trips of any chemical I've been done...try them if you dare

every time i have done salvia divinorum i have felt an "audience" was above me. as in a surgical room where others watch from above. every single time. maybe its just me.

Oprah
04-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Very interesting about the DMT. However, I'm pretty sure that the drug that Dave (the character in Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned) uses is LSD. If you look at the official track listings, you'll see that Lost Keys is called "Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman)" which is refering to Albert Hoffman, inventor of LSD.

M.Luther
05-24-2006, 12:51 AM
every time i have done salvia divinorum i have felt an "audience" was above me. as in a surgical room where others watch from above. every single time. maybe its just me.

thats what salvia does, it has a dissacoiative affect.

btw this thread is a good highlight to this song.

swampyfool
05-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Angels on the sidline . . ?

swampyfool
05-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Very interesting about the DMT. However, I'm pretty sure that the drug that Dave (the character in Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned) uses is LSD. If you look at the official track listings, you'll see that Lost Keys is called "Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman)" which is refering to Albert Hoffman, inventor of LSD.
As a ten year veteran of Dead tour, I would have to say that the line, "Deadhead Chemistry," supports this notion. Of course, if you knew where to look, you could find all kinds of chemicals (DMT, DXM, MDMA- not "molly", et al) on the Dead lot. However, the band's connection to the Electric Kool-Aid Acid Tests (supplying the music and- uh- "testing" the product) along with the prolific quality of Deadheads to locate tremndous quantities of strong, clean acid leads me to believe that our protagonist consumed half of a vial and . . .

JudasChrist
05-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Personally, I think Austin Osman Spare did a great job with all his mixtures of sabbathian ecstasy orgies, separate reality beings and the automatic writing derived from them, symbolism a-la grimoires etch etch.
Well, the only "drug" I need to strive for inner quest, is no lights in my room, eyes closed and a Sunn 0))) record playing ;P

*excuse my english, guys, I'm greek.