PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 Days / Final tribute to Maynard's mother

troutp
04-20-2006, 06:09 PM
It started with "Jimmy" from Ænema, with the lyrics "Eleven and she was gone..."

It continued over to APC with "Judith" (His mother's first name).

Then came "Wings for Marie Parts 1/2."

In my best assumptions, The songs are written for how MJK has felt about his mother's situations at that point in time.

In Jimmy, he was felling things about his mother, recalling past memories of her as a child and wanting to unite them with his current memories.

In Judith, MJK was probably very pissed at "his mother's God" for letting her have a stroke, thus the lyrics "He did this to you...left you broken down and paralyzed..."

Now, finally, in Wings for Marie Parts 1/2, Maynard is finally letting his pent-up feeling of anger and anxiety for his mother situation come to a rest. (Listen to the end of Part 1, where he says something along the lines of "I'm letting you go.") MJK is wishing for his mother to be given what she deserved, (wings), even though he obviously differs in his beliefs.

Anyone else notice this correlation?

khz
04-20-2006, 06:13 PM
No way. What a shocker. ;)

troutp
04-20-2006, 06:16 PM
>_>
<_<

Well, now that I look back, I guess it really was simply stating the obvious.

Light Reflections
04-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Yes.

khz
04-20-2006, 06:17 PM
You broke it down a little better than alot of other people have been doing it. And you didn't try to totally dissect it with crazy numerology.

troutp
04-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Well, as long as I feel like I contributed something =)

wesdgreat
04-20-2006, 06:39 PM
hmm... Maynard was 41 when the album was finished, his mother died 3 years ago so he was 38, 10,000 days is 27 years... 38 - 27 is 11... "eleven and she was gone"... nice connection

troutp
04-20-2006, 07:00 PM
It started with "Jimmy" from Ænema, with the lyrics "Eleven and she was gone..."

It continued over to APC with "Judith" (His mother's first name).

Then came "Wings for Marie Parts 1/2."

In my best assumptions, The songs are written for how MJK has felt about his mother's situations at that point in time.

In Jimmy, he was felling things about his mother, recalling past memories of her as a child and wanting to unite them with his current memories.

In Judith, MJK was probably very pissed at "his mother's God" for letting her have a stroke, thus the lyrics "He did this to you...left you broken down and paralyzed..."

Now, finally, in Wings for Marie Parts 1/2, Maynard is finally letting his pent-up feeling of anger and anxiety for his mother situation come to a rest. (Listen to the end of Part 1, where he says something along the lines of "I'm letting you go.") MJK is wishing for his mother to be given what she deserved, (wings), even though he obviously differs in his beliefs.

Thanks to whoever posted it originally, but here's another tidbit.

After "Judith", Maynard could have written 'The Grudge" as a way of saying that he has gotten over his hatred for God and Christianity...

UsefullidioT
05-04-2006, 04:15 PM
>_>
<_<

Well, now that I look back, I guess it really was simply stating the obvious.

I agree looking back to those songs (just got done listening to them), I def. over-looked it. It make sense.

identitat soldat
05-04-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm really glad I found this website a few months ago, before I came here I didn't really have any clue what Maynard was talking about in Judith, or that Jimmy was about him and his mother.

Good job troutp.