PDA

View Full Version : Nothing about april fools this year????

Akasha
04-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Has anyone else been wandering why for some reason tool have not even mentioned April Fools at all this year?? They do some type of joke or prank every year dont they? The only thing relating to April Fools was the post on April 1st :

01 Apr 06
SINGLE

Here's some amazing shit: The new Tool single, "Vicarious" will officially be heard on radio on April 17th. That's all I've got... so to the Fox & Hounds I go.

locking the door...

Unsigned, no usual purple BMB at the bottom, just "locking the door...", keeps making me think somethings up.

just simulacra
04-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Though I'm usually one for conspiracy theories, I figured locking the door was just a reference to No Quarter.

"no one's coming home tonite"

=

lots of drinking for b-liar.

Vegama
04-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Something could be up. Who knows.

Zli 0bucjar
04-20-2006, 06:37 PM
they?

Akasha
04-20-2006, 06:42 PM
they?

Tool, Blair and anyone else that has anything to do with tool and toolband, including Kabir ;). Interesting how we arent allowed to discuss links to leaked material cos the band dont like it, yet they are fine with us openly discussing songs, a section of the forum dedicated to each track.

Dispatch
04-20-2006, 07:03 PM
April isn't over...

Whether this material was meant to be released on the web as part of a red herring plot or is the real deal, I still get the feeling that we're still in for some sort of suprise from the band. They didn't spend close to 6 years recording and then go through such extensive measures to protect it these past few months to let it be released to the public through an internet leak. The band and their inner cadre seems pretty sharp to how things get spread around over the internet, I cant see them just allowing this go down without maintaining some semblance of control or incorporating a joke/suprise.

confidereme
04-21-2006, 08:58 PM
01 Apr 06
SINGLE

Here's some amazing shit: The new Tool single, "Vicarious" will officially be heard on radio on April 17th. That's all I've got... so to the Fox & Hounds I go.

locking the door...

22 Mar 06
ALBUM MINI NOW ON AMAZON AND OTHERS

Some of you may have seen the album mini for Tool�s 10,000 Days on Amazon and on other sites that was posted ONE DAY after we showed it to you on this site (which is what we expected, and why we posted it when we did). Now that it�s out there for all to see, hopefully some of you who have been asking what exactly an album mini is might have a better idea. For those who still don�t know, it�s what a business (such as Amazon) uses to advertise a new product (such as the new Tool CD). Okay? Now, I can hear some of you saying to yourself: �But why does the image on Amazon and the other sites have the logo and album title superimposed over the artwork� when the image on the Tool websites doesn�t?� The answer is quite simple. Because Amazon and others need to include the band�s name and album title along with the artwork so that potential customers will know whose CD it is (don�t ask me why). With that said, the image that we posted on the Tool websites is how this piece of artwork will actually look with the packaging. However, we also wanted to give you a look at the new logo, so we placed it above the album mini. Okay? Just one last thing for now: I�ve been reading many of the comments on the TA message board (as well as those flooding my in-box) about this particular piece of cover art, and I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate some of your personal thoughts and perceptive insight into the symbology and deeper levels of the striking imagery. It seems that a few of you (those who have commented on the artwork) are also anticipating �the bigger picture� � that which you�ve become accustomed to over the years when it comes to Tool�s art direction. Well, to you, I will only say that you will not be disappointed� and that the key is right there before your very eyes.

read the last line of the frist and second quote...

drape
04-21-2006, 09:21 PM

ya but what does it mean

Goldfoot
04-21-2006, 09:23 PM
The best part is Blair said symbology.

bonch
04-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Clustering illusion is the psychological tendency to detect patterns where there are none.

Minsk
04-22-2006, 12:55 AM
this is more relevant than any other decoy/fake/conspiracy theory on this forum.

implandnoises
04-22-2006, 01:09 AM
No April Fools this year?!

This is the best one Blair has ever done! No one has even figured it out yet! I bet even he didn't realise how much confusion it would cause by simply stating a fact on the first of April. "the leak a hoax" "its a decoy" "its B-sides" "Its part one of a double album" I bet he laughed for a while about this (until the truth of situation finally set in)

hellboy1975
04-22-2006, 02:08 AM
No April Fools Joke = 10,000 Days hoax.

Wow, Thanks for the insight.... :P

Cucumber_11
04-22-2006, 02:19 AM
I think that post by Blair was purposefully posted (No shit..lol) on April 1st to spark something up. To spark a mystery.

"Is he telling the truth? Is this really from the new album? How can we trust a tool post on April 1st?"

Blair new exactly what he was doing, fucking with us. What the April fools joke turns out to be is anyones guess. B-side album? Un-finished album? Maynard is a woman?

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 04:34 AM
Tool, Blair and anyone else that has anything to do with tool and toolband, including Kabir ;). Interesting how we arent allowed to discuss links to leaked material cos the band dont like it, yet they are fine with us openly discussing songs, a section of the forum dedicated to each track.

I wouldn't say it's interesting how we're not allowed discuss links to leaks at all. Since the album isn't suppose to be released yet. I doubt they could stop people talking about it when it happened though and a section for each song was bound to happen soon anyway. I wouldn't read too much into that.

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 04:35 AM
April isn't over...

Whether this material was meant to be released on the web as part of a red herring plot or is the real deal, I still get the feeling that we're still in for some sort of suprise from the band. They didn't spend close to 6 years recording and then go through such extensive measures to protect it these past few months to let it be released to the public through an internet leak. The band and their inner cadre seems pretty sharp to how things get spread around over the internet, I cant see them just allowing this go down without maintaining some semblance of control or incorporating a joke/suprise.
youre right, they didn't take close to 6 years recording AT ALL.
This album didn't take that long to make, just over one year infact.

heptagram
04-22-2006, 07:51 AM
the image that we posted on the Tool websites is how this piece of artwork will actually look "with the packaging" -----> ?

03/22/06 :
It seems that a few of you (those who have commented on the artwork) are also anticipating ‘the bigger picture’

– that which you’ve become "accustomed to over the years" when it comes to Tool’s art direction

to me that sounds like an april fool's joke ;)

spiiiral
04-22-2006, 10:39 AM

"locking the door"

"and that the key is right there before your very eyes."

he said the key is right before your very eyes in reference to the cover art of the album.

anybody else notice that its one face made out of two faces?

one album made out of two albums?

10,000 days made out of two parts?

am i alone in this?

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 10:41 AM
probably not. But considering the amount of people wishing for a second album would of made that obvious.
obviously not.

Cucumber_11
04-22-2006, 10:46 AM
"locking the door"

"and that the key is right there before your very eyes."

he said the key is right before your very eyes in reference to the cover art of the album.

anybody else notice that its one face made out of two faces?

one album made out of two albums?

10,000 days made out of two parts?

am i alone in this?

Are you suggesting that the leak is a MIXTURE of the two actual CD's?

That would be sweet.

spiiiral
04-22-2006, 10:57 AM
im saying that blair said the key is right before their eyes, referring to the people that were analyzing the symbolism of the album cover, and also promises that they will not be disappointed.

he then said locking the door on april 1st after announcing vicarious' release on april 17th..and the only way to open a locked door is with a key. (hah..to state the obvious..)

look at the album cover. its one face made out of two. its pretty blatant, and by no means accidental. it could be a mixture, it could be two discs, double sided, whatever.

but these dudes are ridiculously intelligent, artistic, and dont accidentally "mess up" and accidentally let an entire album leak.

theyre not nickleback or jay-z for gods sake. ya know?

justlikeme
04-22-2006, 11:10 AM
leaks can happen to anyone.

spiiiral
04-22-2006, 11:34 AM
leaks can happen to anyone.

touche

but i still think something this anticipated would have been better handled.

just my 2 cents.

Absent Mind
04-22-2006, 11:48 AM
touche

but i still think something this anticipated would have been better handled.

just my 2 cents.

Not to mention that they have learned their lesson from the Lateralus leak, and are technologically literate enough to keep that from happening again, by any means necissary...

spiiiral
04-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Not to mention that they have learned their lesson from the Lateralus leak, and are technologically literate enough to keep that from happening again, by any means necissary...

thats my perception of it, too

granted how quick things can spread over the internet, i just feel like they would attempt to use that (which would usually work against them) in their FAVOR instead

maybe im just too set on refusing to believe theyre not all-knowing gods of everything :-P

hah

Cucumber_11
04-22-2006, 01:32 PM
maybe im just too set on refusing to believe theyre not all-knowing gods of everything :-P

hah

Th...th...they're not?

Another possibility is that this like was done purposefully and with great forthought to show that Tool can get their music out there without the need of a record label. If they put a middle man in their they could still get their money.

What about the album art i hear you not asking? Well every die hard tool fan says "It's only about the music" So surely they wouldn't mind loosing that. And in this era of home CD creation is even such a big deal that you don't get a physical CD, just wack a blank in the PC and you have your CD.

Tool could pioneer online distribuation.

lucydog
04-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Tool could pioneer online distribuation.
I think apple computers beat them to the punch.

imatoolhed
04-22-2006, 01:37 PM
They did have thier joke it's in news section on this site . Check it out funny shit!!!
TOOL LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cucumber_11
04-22-2006, 01:39 PM
I think apple computers beat them to the punch.

From what i've heard Itunes is pants, that is from gathering opinions and not my own experience so it could be complete tripe.

Did anyone see what Green Day did with their last release? They had like an add on their site that read something like this:

"Downloaded the album? Now burn it to CD."

They were selling Green Day CD-R's with specific art on and such, hell thats not a bad way to make up the money lost (ahahahhaha) from downloading albums.

spiiiral
04-22-2006, 01:43 PM
They did have thier joke it's in news section on this site . Check it out funny shit!!!
TOOL LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what are you talking about?

the tool hits on yahoo?

seriously question. im interested.

mike tyson
04-22-2006, 01:43 PM
OMG HOAX

HOAX

HOAX
HOAX
HOAX

Cucumber_11
04-22-2006, 01:46 PM
OMG HOAX

HOAX

HOAX
HOAX
HOAX

The word hoax looks so sexy all capitalised. Anyone else with me on that?

HOAX
HOAX
HOAX

...mmm...

sinfall
04-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by TOOLBAND
01 Apr 06
SINGLE

locking the door...

Fox & Hounds Hotel (http://www.activereservations.com/hotel/en/hotels-in-okehampton/ah-220673/photogallery.html?subid=ppctrmgb220673en)

very crazy i know..but i figured a quick google search can't hurt

lucydog
04-22-2006, 01:51 PM
all the technology in the world cannot protect a cd from being stolen, and leaked on the net. especially if someone GRABS ONE off the line/out of a crate.

one thing i dont get. why would a group of musicians, who have other hobbies and projects to occupy themselves with, spend a year of their lives...to make a "fake album that sounds real, but is simply a decoy" when they could spend that same year making a real album they intend to sell? it just doesnt make sense to me. thats millions of dollars to the artists, producers, company etc. add ticket sales, t shirts... not to mention, going all over europe and playing the cd for the media. they most likely didnt LOSE any money on a leaked cd, my guess is 98% of the people who downloaded it will line up in stores to buy it anyways.

Cucumber_11
04-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Fox & Hounds Hotel (http://www.activereservations.com/hotel/en/hotels-in-okehampton/ah-220673/photogallery.html?subid=ppctrmgb220673en)

very crazy i know..but i figured a quick google search can't hurt

Hehe. If that was the only place you found from your google search thats pretty amazing. However I can probably say with the utmost confidence that there is more than one Inn called The Horse and Hounds.

sinfall
04-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Hehe. If that was the only place you found from your google search thats pretty amazing. However I can probably say with the utmost confidence that there is more than one Inn called The Horse and Hounds.

Horse and hounds? LOL yes, but i thought it was funny especially since I was confused as to what he meant

Cucumber_11
04-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Horse and hounds? haha. I must of been thinking about horses...

God knows why...

tangent
04-22-2006, 02:21 PM
When he said:
"It seems that a few of you (those who have commented on the artwork) are also anticipating �the bigger picture�"
I know what he means because I emailed him around that time saying the artwork was obviously fake :P

tangent
04-22-2006, 02:25 PM
im saying that blair said the key is right before their eyes, referring to the people that were analyzing the symbolism of the album cover, and also promises that they will not be disappointed.

he then said locking the door on april 1st after announcing vicarious' release on april 17th..and the only way to open a locked door is with a key. (hah..to state the obvious..)

look at the album cover. its one face made out of two. its pretty blatant, and by no means accidental. it could be a mixture, it could be two discs, double sided, whatever.

but these dudes are ridiculously intelligent, artistic, and dont accidentally "mess up" and accidentally let an entire album leak.

theyre not nickleback or jay-z for gods sake. ya know?

Hmm... Well the album cover is a mixture of two Alex Grey designs.... Two albums...

happydipshit
04-22-2006, 02:44 PM
guys u really think it took them ONE YEAR for this 'decoy' album?! damn they could've done this in a month or two... theres really nothing special about it.... and where the fuck is danny on this album?!

that blair fuck is right... "blabla decoy album"

imatoolhed
04-22-2006, 06:42 PM
what are you talking about?

the tool hits on yahoo?

seriously question. im interested.
[04/09/06] - April Fools Wrap | New York, New Work

As promised, here is the full story about our 2006 April Fools' Day fun. Grab a beverage and start reading. §

And for you east-coasters who might care about this sort of thing, I'll be in New York for the end half of April, directing a segment for The Daily Show. (I'm only making this post because a lot of you think I still edit for VH1, and I haven't done that since the 1990s...) §

[Posted by Kabir]

[04/02/06] - April Fools!

Well, well, well. April Fools' Day has come and gone again. There were in fact no listening parties for the new record in cities across the world. Some fell for it, some scoffed, but it seems overall a good time was had by all trying to figure out just what the heck was going on. A full wrap-up will be posted here shortly. Happy April! §

[Posted by Kabir]