PDA

View Full Version : New opinion

Archetypically
04-20-2006, 05:19 PM
I knew this was a standout, but wow... I think this song will go down as Tool's most emotional masterpiece of all time...

Flame away

spiralout11235
04-20-2006, 07:10 PM
I agree with you dude. One of their best songs in my opinion.

right_in_three
04-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Again, it made me cry. I was hoping for another Eulogy and I got this beautiful ballad. Soooo good.

Garguantua
04-20-2006, 08:01 PM
What's amazing to me is the range of emotions I have been feeling while listening to the record.

Yeah, I got pretty emotional the first time I saw the lyrics for Wings for Marie and
10, 000 days. Also I actually laughed out loud while listening to rosetta stoned.

Felt totally at peace while hearing Intension. Felt like just rocking out to the Pot and Vicarious. Had an in-explicable urge to get up an play air guitar.

The pot made feel like I should be dancing. I'm not sure what to make of that.

But it's definately the most emotional record I have heard Tool make. One extreme to another.

I think that is a good thing. Not too much "thinking", this time. It's all body and no mind, or just a good combination of both.

hbynoe
04-20-2006, 09:51 PM
i agree with you man
it is absolutely astounding

Archetypically
04-20-2006, 09:53 PM
I think that is a good thing. Not too much "thinking", this time. It's all body and no mind, or just a good combination of both.

Totally an emotional roller coaster. This makes me have high hopes for music... maybe it didn't die after all