PDA

View Full Version : The Prophecy

Sothis
04-20-2006, 03:05 PM
So, at first I want to say hello to you all, Tool devotes out there. This is my first post, but I'm here since Lateralus came out, lurking around, reading posts... bla bla bla. Ok enough of this shit. I have a thought that i want to share. So lets start, shall we? I listened to 10k Nights few times, and its starting to slowly come to my mind how great work of art this is. I dont know how some of you people can think its a hoax, its fucking beautifull. But this is not that thought i want to share with you, at least not the only one. Ok, I also think thats something fishy is going around here (There was no April Fools joke!), so I done the Tarot reading (Yeas im serious). I wont give you many details about the spread, only interpretations that I made. (They obviously can be wrong I'm a beginner). Ok so my interpretation, was that something behind the obvious is going on, (something hidden?) When I asked about the past (the recording process) Tarot showed me the Art card (I have Big Al's deck) Art- Mixing the opposites. And then the lightning stroke me, what if they are making two albums at one time? Look at their stereoscopic images, two pictures creates the one. Is this a sign? If there will be two albums, fisrst- more calm, slower(maybe more down to earth lyrics?) (water or earth, 10k Days?), and another one- more violent, fast (more spiritual, occult lyrics?)(fire or air). When they are put together they create the One. The unity. Maybe we have only half?
I know this is fucking crazy, but this forum is mess anyway, so another one crazy thread makes no difference ];-> Tell what you think (If you want :P)

Thetics
04-20-2006, 03:31 PM
just to kinda roll with u a second.. if u are right.. then this IS the second album. considering there is alot of "flashbacks" of the older songs. i could be wrong. just a thought.

imhaunted
04-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Crazy or not I had a similar thought, partly due to the dual images making one that we've seen so far as you mentioned, and secondly as I remember a long time ago before they went in to do the new album Danny stating how he would like to do a double album such as Pink Floyd's The Wall along with a movie and everything. Don't ask me where that was from as I don't even remember. Now I'm not suggesting they did a movie or anything but I simply remember that interview because of the possibility of a double Tool album....just how great it would be. Of course once they went to record there was no mention so it seemed to be a discarded idea. Even still I don't know if it's even a realistic possibility now, but all the same it would be amazing. And of course it would be a great idea to keep the fact that it's a double album a secret so everyone believes the one disc is it even though in fact it is only one half of the whole picture.

fault
04-20-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm really unimpressed by the album, I don't think its a hoax - but the movie idea is a fun one. To me, 10KD sounds exactly like what i'd imagine if Tool made a soundtrack to a film. Thunder samples and all.

Nice theory anyhow.

mike09
04-20-2006, 03:50 PM
I had the same thought about this being just one disc of a double album. Not only the stereoscopic images that are on Adam Jones' myspace, but also the supposed "leaked" artwork features doubles as well. Even the cover is two faces looking opposite ways but if you look closer, the two faces combine to form a third one in the middle.

Nikola Petrovic
04-20-2006, 04:29 PM
ergh delete this

tool25
04-20-2006, 06:46 PM
u guys come up w/ the coolest ideas. wish i was that smart :(

<FUTANT>
04-20-2006, 09:02 PM
"The answer is right in front of you eyes"- Blair....hmmm......

welb
04-20-2006, 09:19 PM
I know this is fucking crazy, but this forum is mess anyway,

lol, very true.

HolyReality
04-20-2006, 09:22 PM
that's actually one of the most interesting theories I've heard on this board in a while.

HisUberness
04-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Never actually thought of all that. Sweet idea but i highly doubt it. kinda sounds a bit too much like the soad thing from last year. not saying i wouldnt support it but i would think that there would be more evidence for us to dig from at this point.

Sothis
04-21-2006, 01:28 AM
There is the link to the Art card: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/thoth/ , the one with XIV number on it. Looking familiar? There is 78 cards in the deck and when I asked about recerding process Tarot showed me this card. Coincidence?

=====D~~~~~
04-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Wow, someone did a Tarot card reading about Tool's new album. Seriously, think about that.

Bodhi
04-21-2006, 01:06 PM
This is getting better every night.

flocker92
04-21-2006, 02:00 PM
ergh delete this

/nod