PDA

View Full Version : What i think of stinkfist

Jutti
11-22-2002, 07:09 PM
Stinkfist is about losing apart of yourself, or breaking free of it. Its about breaking free of that part in side of you that has an attachtment to the external world, its about giving up the ego. "boredom is not a burden that anyone should bare" means that boredom does not exist, we can always be bettering ourselves. "constant over stimulation" this refers to the way our mind is constantly being stimulated by our six senses, the sixth being the mind. Our mind is stimulated to think that these external things will make us happy. They might still the mind for a while but eventually we get tired of it and we seek pleasure elsewhere, this continues on and on, and we are never satisfied, but in America its the only way we need to live, hence "not enough i need more nothing seems to satisfy, i dont want it i just need it to breathe to feel to know im alive". In the video the song goes from a certain color of blue backgrounds and colors to a more colorful one, this could be symbolizing breaking free of that part in oneself that strives for the material possesions. in my opinion(of course) It seems that maynard writes songs that help him, everytime he sings stinkfist he manifests the meaning and it can aid him and ANYONE else. This song is played very often live. .... How can this external world mean anything to anyone, no one is truly feeling a thing, so keep digging till u feel something.