PDA

View Full Version : Tool made a dignified choice

Conan_McMurtrie
03-21-2003, 06:15 AM
I question the idea that Tool are cynical people and that they have no love for fans. They are actually treating you with great dignity by refusing to accept your desire to raise them up, to idolise them and make them a subject of, what in some cases, amounts to obssession. They are simply four guys making very interesting, innovative music. They have a made a dignified choice of not claiming their fame and remaining, as far as possible, anonimous and independent and keeping the doors closed on anything that goes beyond their music. They are pushing you as far as they can to see this and to develop your own tastes and interests and not buy a prepackaged 'Tool' for you to pay good money for (I must admit, Toolarmy is an exception to this, its the most satirical comment on American capitalism I have yet to come accross from a musician: its almost a piece of abstract art in itself). The paradox is, that this has created a sense of mystery about them that has almost become Tool's pivotal gimmick when they are described by the media.

canable friends
03-21-2003, 05:21 PM
I had a revolation about a month to two months ago and I've only told to my friend Mike, but cence you brought it up I'll post it.

Tools had 5 albums, a grammy, 7 music video's, I hear their songs on T.V., and I can go to almost anyone in my school, and say do you like tool,and there reply will be "who's Tool", Its cool to because when you get to big then you start changing your music and destroying what you stood for, and you become a wave. Everyone has a few of their songs on kazaa and never buy their CDs. So Harrah for Tool!!!

Replaced zuzu
03-23-2003, 05:29 PM
There is a diffrenet between a fan, and a tool listener...