PDA

View Full Version : The album leak is NOT a collection of B-sides

CallofCthulhu
04-20-2006, 09:15 AM
The band is releasing the imports on May 16th, so says Amazon. However, why would a band release the extra tracks to all of their albums via the internet and pretty much encourage piracy against the band? I'm a die hard Tool fan but I have no need to buy their imports considering I already own the US releases. I'm not a Tool collector, and I can imagine a lot of you feel the same way about these releases. Long story short........the band would not release their b-sides via the internet because it would discourage people from buying the imports when they are released. And since these albums are imports they have been released before, and thus, we all would have heard these tracks by now.
So GET OVER IT, THIS IS THE ALBUM.

D-Day_Daddy
04-20-2006, 09:20 AM
There's nothing to get over, you are being WAY over protective. It's not because people don't like this album, that we are thinking these things. It's subtile clues that are giving us the ideas. Come on have a little fun, and if we are wrong, which I'll admit is VERY likely, than no big deal. Tool got a lot of people talking about them, and something interesting finally happend at these forums again.

CallofCthulhu
04-20-2006, 09:25 AM
There's nothing to get over, you are being WAY over protective. It's not because people don't like this album, that we are thinking these things. It's subtile clues that are giving us the ideas. Come on have a little fun, and if we are wrong, which I'll admit is VERY likely, than no big deal. Tool got a lot of people talking about them, and something interesting finally happend at these forums again.

Oh believe me, I love this album but I love listening to the conspiracy theories. In fact, I HARDCORE believed 10k Days was fake up until Vicarious came out. I figured well..........this is it. Yea, there's still that little glimmer of hope in the back of my mind that it IS fake, because two albums would KICK ASS. Maybe 10k Days really is an album full of b-sides and we're really getting a real studio album in place of it? Thatd be cool too. The few things that still get to me about this album being fake are

#1 The TOO CLOSE similarities of this artwork to Lateralus
#2 FOOL
#3 The directionless flow of the album
#4 The similarities of these songs to AEnima and Lateralus songs
#5 Blair mentioning that they recorded a similar fake album to thwart leaks and get the bootleggers stirring

Never hurts to have a little fun, but I've come to realize its all over, thiz be it.

tool483
04-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Well, i think it is the real deal. But its possible seeing there is no artwork that has came with the disc and this IS a webrip. Its very possible that its a decoy album but still highly unlikely

though, that would be awsome to get another tool CD in two weeks (wishfull thinking)