PDA

View Full Version : To hoax or not to hoax..humorous

domer88
04-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Some of you are very funny people, defending the hoax or not defending it.. huge egos flying around everywhere in this fourm.. the "leaked" album is good... even if it is a hoax and does sound like bits and pieces of every other tool ablum (if it *is* a hoax it would be the first time a band has ever done this, I think you are all giving them a little *too* much credit.. but we shall see..it is the *4th* full release from this band, by this point they are pretty solid in the ways that they play, its hard to stray after 10+ years of playing music in a simmilar fashion...),,, If anyone will pay me a good amount of money I will give you exact directions to maynards house and you can find out for yourself... you only have a couple weeks and it would need to be a quite *large* amount of money so I can buy the real album off the black market and send it out over the net so all of your chakras will open up and you can find pure bliss in the new age prophacy that comes with the new album (well, for $45.00 more to the toolarmy, you can have the guide to eternal life)..... Now who has the big ego and is being a prick :)
Love you all, take care ..

Zli 0bucjar
04-20-2006, 10:01 AM
it's just that the album is not like they were presenting it last year or two...
they were mentioning Meshuggah moments and a lot more heavy album
this just isn't that...
(like Metallica's "back to the roots" with StAnger crap)

it's even more ambiental than Lateralus
Danny doesn't play at all in many songs, there are just few solid beats, Maynard is whispering instead of singing, Adam is playing with some boring effects a littlebit to much

face it
album is boring average crap, and there's nothing new on it - even the lyrics are much simpler then before (Vicarious for example)

i really really hope this shit is fake or something

peace

domer88
04-20-2006, 12:19 PM
"they were mentioning Meshuggah moments"

I hear it all over the place.. the off time signatures and more mathmatical complex patters.. I mean laturalus had it and all but this is way more techy as far as that goes.. I had to rewind some places and figure out the time sig's they were switching between (a habit) .. same with meshaggah.

"it's even more ambiental than Lateralus
Danny doesn't play at all in many songs, there are just few solid beats, Maynard is whispering instead of singing, Adam is playing with some boring effects a littlebit to much"

I must hear this album differently then you , I think danny is doing some pretty amazing stuff.. he plays on nearly every song, and the build ups with the off time sigs are pretty amazing to me.. maynard belts it out a bit also, its a mix up..

Tool is not really making music for "you" or "us" maybe?? Maybe this is what they want.. ocne again in the tech zone the album is amazing, just like the others (even more so to me personally).. Its going to take some time to sink in completly.. is there is another album hats off to the bigest prank in music history.

Zli 0bucjar
04-20-2006, 01:40 PM
of course they aren't making music for me, but that album is everything but the MORE SOLID
get it?
i hate the fact that those anouncements are something totaly different of what this album really is
and that's the couse of my dissapointment

you're one of those guys who would keep talking that the "new tool album is amazing" even if they recorded their farting session, smashing their instruments instead of playing them
you would probably find some meshuggah moments there too

the fact is:
this album is a back-step in their music in every possible way
totaly fucking average

*see*you*auntie*
04-20-2006, 01:59 PM
the fact is:
totaly fucking average

In your opinion. I totally disagree. I think this record shows real musical progression and an emotional depth not heard on Lateralus. I feel it's infinitely more personal.

Zli 0bucjar
04-20-2006, 02:16 PM
emotional depth?
lyrics are so straight that it just can't be any worse...
and of course it's my opinion, captain Obvious

i know it's stupid to compare with previous albums, but I think that the most people here who really listen Tool are used to to something less straight than this

(sorry about my english it sux) :)

domer88
04-20-2006, 02:51 PM
HAh.. dont assume things so fast buddy.. I would not like it just cause it was tool.Honestly I am not the hugest tool fan in the world.. they are one of my top bands but I like a bit of stuff all over the music scope. I did not really like lateralus until I saw tool live, which was way after it came out, then I went apeshit over the album.. . It is a good album(new one), if you dont think so its your loss.. it will be funny when there is no "other" album and all you have is this one which you will be disapointed with.. and no I dont "get it" and you dont eaither.. sorry man, your loss.. I will still sell you the directions to maynards house if you would like..hints for a little less, like a treasure hunt. heh.. tool.. and once again, dont judge asshole.. i did not judge you, rise above

of course they aren't making music for me, but that album is everything but the MORE SOLID
get it?
i hate the fact that those anouncements are something totaly different of what this album really is
and that's the couse of my dissapointment

you're one of those guys who would keep talking that the "new tool album is amazing" even if they recorded their farting session, smashing their instruments instead of playing them
you would probably find some meshuggah moments there too

the fact is:
totaly fucking average

domer88
04-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Sorry but the music is way more complex (not straight) on this album then any other one.. you are wrong no matter *What* you think, but go ahead and think what you want.

QUOTE=Zli 0bucjar]emotional depth?

i know it's stupid to compare with previous albums, but I think that the most people here who really listen Tool are used to to something less straight than this

(sorry about my english it sux) :)[/QUOTE]

domer88
04-20-2006, 02:57 PM
"you would probably find some meshuggah moments there too"

And what is a messuga moment may I ask? By heavy maybe tool did not mean heavy how you think.. Maybe its *you* who interpeted what was said in the past WRONG... maybe tool does not mean what you take in, you could be wrong you know.

Zli 0bucjar
04-20-2006, 03:17 PM
that's what i'm talkin' about
you 're one of those guys who never questions anything that comes from his favorite band
and you proove it with your every post

i could be wrong for sure, but u re the one who takes everything for granted
and i'm pretty sure thats impossible that the whole album is totaly AMAZING and inovative
there are so many copy/pasted riffs
i'm giving you the facts and my opinion, and u're giving me just your opinion

domer88
04-20-2006, 03:28 PM
I did not say it was all amazing anywhere,,, find it and quote me if you can.. you are taking my words out of context.. for the record it is not the best album I have ever heard.. so far I like the previous 2 alot more. I do enjoy the new one though.. Aphex twin is even more twisted then tool when releasing albums, he is probably my fav. artist ever so I am used to these ideas because that fan base is the same.. never believing what they hear is really the artisit... whatever.. think what you want..

you dont know the difference between fact and opinion.. all you have givin me is opinion... *no fact at all*
smokin to much dope on 420 ehhhh?
that's what i'm talkin' about
you 're one of those guys who never questions anything that comes from his favorite band
and you proove it with your every post

i could be wrong for sure, but u re the one who takes everything for granted
and i'm pretty sure thats impossible that the whole album is totaly AMAZING and inovative
there are so many copy/pasted riffs
i'm giving you the facts and my opinion, and u're giving me just your opinion

Zli 0bucjar
04-20-2006, 04:06 PM
ok, i'll draw it for you:
FACTS:
- there are copy/pasted riffs from previous albums
- maynard's singing under his abilities, more whispering than singing the lyrics in some songs
- this is not solid album (how they announced it) compared to previous ones
- lyrics are much straighter then before
- there are much more "one-tone-repeating music parts" with production/guitar/whatever effects which last from 30secs to couple of minutes - which is boring (and if u think that is amusing and u jerk on that kind of shit, go listen to techno music)

enough?
it think that's enough to say that the album is step backward...or AT LEAST stagnating

*see*you*auntie*
04-20-2006, 04:07 PM
emotional depth?

(sorry about my english it sux) :)

You just proved my point. Saying that people are used to them being "less straight" proves that there is a progression here. Plus, I wasn't just speaking to the lyrical depth of emotion but also the musical depth. Their musicianship shows growth. They're a band that has shown a willingness to experiment with different sounds. Who ever thought Adam would use a talkbox, for crissake? That solo on Jambi is inspired and Lost Keys blows my mind.

As for Maynard's straight lyrics. They are intensely personal and sometimes difficult (emotionally) to hear. I can't recall any songs off Lateralus being so open and to the point. I love Lateralus but it is their most esoteric record. 10,000 Days is so much more accesible. I'm not saying it's better but it certainly is different, in a hella good way.

domer88
04-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Open your mind, as tool trys to say.. Some "techno" is way more origonal and "mind-blowing" then tool.. some "techo" (i call it electronica) I have heard is way less repeditive then any tool and nearly any rock I have heard for that matter.

but ok, I will agree to disagree.

ok, i'll draw it for you:
FACTS:
- there are copy/pasted riffs from previous albums
- maynard's singing under his abilities, more whispering than singing the lyrics in some songs
- this is not solid album (how they announced it) compared to previous ones
- lyrics are much straighter then before
- there are much more "one-tone-repeating music parts" with production/guitar/whatever effects which last from 30secs to couple of minutes - which is boring (and if u think that is amusing and u jerk on that kind of shit, go listen to techno music)

enough?
it think that's enough to say that the album is step backward...or AT LEAST stagnating

Zli 0bucjar
04-20-2006, 04:18 PM
wow, adam used talkbox - that is so cool and unexpected from him. In the case u haven't noticed he used bunch of effects like he always does.He bought a new pedal and decided to put it on album, so what?
totaly irrelevant thing...like he is better musican/artist because he used that effect - haha shit

Lateralus sons are pretty much to the point, but u need some brain cells to understand it. On the other hand for 10.00 days' songs only thing u need is reading compability

*see*you*auntie*
04-20-2006, 04:46 PM
wow, adam used talkbox - that is so cool and unexpected from him. In the case u haven't noticed he used bunch of effects like he always does.He bought a new pedal and decided to put it on album, so what?
totaly irrelevant thing...like he is better musican/artist because he used that effect - haha shit

Lateralus sons are pretty much to the point, but u need some brain cells to understand it. On the other hand for 10.00 days' songs only thing u need is reading compability

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you wanted to have an intelligent discourse. My bad. Of course only your opinion is worth anything. *bows down* btw. Thanks for putting words in my mouth, I really appreciate it. Also, your name-calling shows much maturity. Good luck in your future endeavours, you'll need it with your shitty attitude.

Zli 0bucjar
04-20-2006, 04:50 PM
name calling wtf?

i'm shitty attitude guy with some serious complexes and noone wants to help me :(

rednyne
04-20-2006, 05:26 PM
my frnd tooled me thet teh me