PDA

View Full Version : B Sides Matchup

mjr
04-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Vicarious - Lateralus clearly
Jambi - Aenima clearly
Wings - Latearlus probably
The Pot - Undertow (w/ new lyrics maybe...)
Rosetta Stoned - Aenima clearly
Intension - Lateralus maybe but electronic drums...maybe this was created recently but didn't make the cut on the real album
Right in Two - Lateralus

Danny (I think) said they had enough material left over from Lateralus and that they may release that material later. I don't see much on this album that doesn't fit elsewhere in the world of Tool (except maybe Wings). It definitely could be a B-side disc and that would definitely explain the lack of any central ideas or common sound...

just simulacra
04-20-2006, 08:37 AM
The pot's lyrics are intentionally just a mish-mashed, nonsensical jumble of CLICHES.
Sort of like this entire album.
I really think that's on purpose.

Cronos
04-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Everything is on purpose.

Unless you wreck into someone, then that's an accident.

D-Day_Daddy
04-20-2006, 08:54 AM
You know, imports always have extra songs on them, and we have all seen that the imports to every album is being released in May, maybe mjr is onto something.

cr0nick
04-20-2006, 08:59 AM
or maybe. this is what they had been working on and you just dont like it

CallofCthulhu
04-20-2006, 09:04 AM
You know, imports always have extra songs on them, and we have all seen that the imports to every album is being released in May, maybe mjr is onto something.

Imports to EVERY album being released in may? huh?

D-Day_Daddy
04-20-2006, 09:05 AM
No that's not it at all. Stop assuming things you have no clue about. I've given no indication to whether or not I like any songs other than Vicarious. Which I really like.
I'm sorry if the idea of something being more than it seems is unthinkalbe to you, but don't be an ass try to make people feel like idiots for not thinking like you.

CallofCthulhu
04-20-2006, 09:10 AM
No that's not it at all. Stop assuming things you have no clue about. I've given no indication to whether or not I like any songs other than Vicarious. Which I really like.
I'm sorry if the idea of something being more than it seems is unthinkalbe to you, but don't be an ass try to make people feel like idiots for not thinking like you.

I just found the imports on Amazon. But why would a band release the extra tracks off their import albums via the internet? In which case only the die die die die die hard tool fans would buy them considering me, just a regular die hard fan, own all of the originals, I have no need to buy their imports other than to put on my shelf. Just seems illogical to the point where they'd lose money.

cr0nick
04-20-2006, 09:10 AM
i'm not the only one making assumptions.

go pick up an issue of guitar world.

D-Day_Daddy
04-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Why, what's it say?

sinfall
04-20-2006, 09:24 AM
here is a link to a concert in 2002. notice the riff adam is playing...

http://download.yousendit.com/D2F68E5C3AAE87EE

Rosette feasted
04-20-2006, 09:27 AM
It would be so awesome if the leaked album would be just a decoy...
but it isn't, so please shut up!

CallofCthulhu
04-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Vicarious - Lateralus clearly
Jambi - Aenima clearly
Wings - Latearlus probably
The Pot - Undertow (w/ new lyrics maybe...)
Rosetta Stoned - Aenima clearly
Intension - Lateralus maybe but electronic drums...maybe this was created recently but didn't make the cut on the real album
Right in Two - Lateralus

Danny (I think) said they had enough material left over from Lateralus and that they may release that material later. I don't see much on this album that doesn't fit elsewhere in the world of Tool (except maybe Wings). It definitely could be a B-side disc and that would definitely explain the lack of any central ideas or common sound...

The tone of The Pot is too modern and heavy sounding to be Undertow. Audioically(made that word up) different.

LeMarchand
04-20-2006, 09:40 AM

Its the EXACT same riff....

LeMarchand
04-20-2006, 09:40 AM
The tone of The Pot is too modern and heavy sounding to be Undertow. Audioically(made that word up) different.

You mean aurally.

sinfall
04-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Its the EXACT same riff....

yep

CallofCthulhu
04-20-2006, 11:58 AM
You mean aurally.

No, I mean audioically(made that word up)

waffel
04-20-2006, 12:02 PM

They recorded it recently, duh.

placidium
04-20-2006, 12:04 PM
talk about denial..

CallofCthulhu
04-20-2006, 12:09 PM
They recorded it recently, duh.

I know. I was thwarting the point that the song was from the undertowz dayz

mjr
04-20-2006, 02:38 PM
I know. I was thwarting the point that the song was from the undertowz dayz

And the pont is that it is it just sounds better/more refined because it was recorded recently. Stop talking with the Zzszszszs its pretty annoying.

perhan
04-20-2006, 10:23 PM
the mix/mastering between say, vicarious and a few other songs is so different, it feels like they were done years apart one from another

ryzur
04-20-2006, 10:23 PM

Gotta love how Maynard said
"Think for yourself, question authority" Before that little thing played... Its almost as if thats the answer right there.

Zeradin
04-20-2006, 10:43 PM
How is Jambi clearly Ænima? It's clearly heavily meshuggah influenced. Meshuggah influence is pre lateralus at best.

Echo Flanger
04-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Why do you people keep calling leftover songs as "b-sides"? A b-side is something that's released on a single, in addition to the main track, the a-side. A song that gets left over from an album isn't automatically a b-side, though b-sides are usually leftover songs.