PDA

View Full Version : maybe its me

drape
04-20-2006, 07:25 AM
i just keep waiting for this song to do something.. and nothing happens.
I was waiting for it to build up and explode sorta like forty six and 2 but it just never came, it sounded like it was a couple times but then just left me dry :'(

mike09
04-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Take a closer listen. A lot happens in this song.

Fd2Blk
04-20-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm pretty certain the explosion you crave takes the form more of a lyrical climax than a musical one in this song. That's why the song seemed kind of boring to me at first. Don't get me wrong though, it is the combination of lyrics and music that make the climax happen, it is just MOSTLY the lyrics.

placidium
04-20-2006, 09:24 AM
the song builds so slowly into the climax that it's going on before you realize it. having heard it 10 times in full, it's a beautiful song.. but the first time i was just thinking to myself "all of this work for this? no way.."

kind of like pushit. pushit drones on the same riff for a while, then has the quiet middle section based on that tribal drum beat and altered bassline, then there's simple (but, as i later realized, was beautiful) guitar solo, then the climax creeps in, sort of hiding, and then there's the ending that doesn't sound like an ending.

all it really took for me was maybe a dozen listens. the first few times i thought "this is just too simple and easy and cheesy and slow to grow on me.." but it did. it's a lot like pushit in that way.

TeeO
04-20-2006, 09:35 AM
It's a song about his dead mother...why would they write a huge, mind blowing metalish climax? Would you? This is a "blues" song from their "blues album"...

This song is amazing

insaner
04-20-2006, 02:17 PM
i just keep waiting for this song to do something.. and nothing happens.
I was waiting for it to build up and explode sorta like forty six and 2 but it just never came, it sounded like it was a couple times but then just left me dry :'(

that sux for you.

the part when he says Judith Marie, unconditional one or love or whatever, that shit fucking makes my soul hurt. definately the climax.

Garguantua
04-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Don't let it get you down. Art is subjective.
There's no secret to the song. Some just feel it more than others. It depends on your own tastes and influences. I'm sure that there is stuff that rocks your socks that no one else gets, so....

aspradlin
04-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Two explosions:

"Give me my, give me my wings"
"Judith marie..."

How you missed those is beyond me, but, hey, to each his own.