PDA

View Full Version : could this be the mike patton influence danny talked about

scabbyeggs
04-20-2006, 03:51 AM
eh?

HolyReality
04-20-2006, 06:16 AM
interesting idea. I hadn't thought about it but I do remember them saying fantomas was an influence....

minnull
04-20-2006, 06:35 AM
I dont really see the mike patton influence, i definitly see a Frank Zappa/Melvins influence though.

Aggroculture
05-08-2006, 11:23 PM
The vocals sort of remind me a bit of Angel Dust.

Drozz
05-09-2006, 01:59 AM
I dont really see the mike patton influence, i definitly see a Frank Zappa/Melvins influence though.

Have you ever heard anything Mike Patton has done?

This song is very obviously influenced by Tomahawk and Fantomas

epidermalfuture
05-09-2006, 11:26 AM
i agree listen to the use of none verbal words in the middle section of RS it reaks of Mike Patton...also notice that the voicing maynard is useing sounds alot like an indian chant "new school style" which brings us back to Lipan (could be a forshadowing song for RS)

Scobularni
05-09-2006, 12:21 PM
The vocal effects maybe were influenced by Patton in general, but in terms of music this is nothing like Fantomas/Tomahawk.

ps: Am i the only ex-bungle fan who doesn't like Tomahawk? So so underwhelming.

Hagbard
05-09-2006, 12:23 PM
I think there's definitely a hint of Patton in the vocals on this album, and there are bits of Fantomas and Tomahawk creeping through in the drumming and the guitar playing. I don't hear so much of a Melvins influence, I think that's a lot more present on Undertow.

Them Bones
05-09-2006, 03:54 PM
ps: Am i the only ex-bungle fan who doesn't like Tomahawk? So so underwhelming.

i love mr bungle but i cant come to listening to tomahawk. im awaiting pattons upcoming peeping tom project

champion
05-09-2006, 03:56 PM
There's definitely an influence. Maynard uses heavy background vocals on this track in a way that is reminiscent of Patton.

beligerentfokker
05-09-2006, 04:01 PM
i agree listen to the use of none verbal words in the middle section of RS it reaks of Mike Patton...also notice that the voicing maynard is useing sounds alot like an indian chant "new school style" which brings us back to Lipan (could be a forshadowing song for RS)

maybe he was out in the desert, was hangin with some lipan apaches, which are native to texas and new mexico, and curiously... close to roswell... ate a peyote button, or perhaps took some mescaline, did some chants and then... cue in the droning feedback, as if he was in a zone, entering another dimension, then comes back to hear the nurse and doctor discussing the "situation"

evil agent
05-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Good thread! I hadn't really put it together, but yes, Maynard's mile-a-minute vocals in the early part of the song sound a LOT like Patton.

In fact, the whole song (which I'm listening to right now) suddenly sounds like Tomahawk doing a remake of Third Eye.

charliehodge
05-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Patton is Very good but Fantomas, I don't know I better give it another try cause that album I bought was pretty shitty.

charliehodge
05-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Patton is Very good but Fantomas, I don't know I better give it another try cause that album I bought was pretty shitty.

I guess that Movie soundtack album was cool.
Buzz is better than patton
No doubt