PDA

View Full Version : Alright, admit it...

svet-am
04-19-2006, 06:03 AM
just a question, maybe it should be a poll. i, for one, cannot listen to it at all without crying. anyone else?

Systolic
04-19-2006, 06:07 AM
Same here....

Its so beautiful...

Like standing in the rain, looking at the grave of a lost loved one, reflecting upon their life...

a788
04-19-2006, 06:12 AM
havent been able to do it yet

tcM_Emperor
04-19-2006, 06:12 AM
It's amazing how I almost feel strange now that I DONT cry to this song..

svet-am
04-19-2006, 06:13 AM
Same here....

Its so beautiful...

Like standing in the rain, looking at the grave of a lost loved one, reflecting upon their life...

well stated. i hear the thunder and i think of a lightning storm like what may've occurred during the War of the Angels. in context in the song, Maynard's Mom (are we 'allowed' to call her by first name?) ascends and is denied, so she gets angry and demands what is justly hers.

to me the thunder is a side-effect of her anger at being denied. i know that sounds obfuscated, but i hope it makes sense to someone. as a BTW, the thunder sound makes me think of the title screen for Mortal Kombat II :-P

Systolic
04-19-2006, 06:14 AM
I just cant help but think of my grandfather who recently died of cancer. He was one of the strongest Christians I have ever known, and this song is an incredible representation of who he was.... Its so nostalgic.

Bogart
04-19-2006, 06:22 AM
I didn't cry...but I got goosebumps the first time I heard it

orange.juice
04-19-2006, 06:38 AM
hm strange, this is the only song (talking about both parts) that didn't touch me on the first few listens. yet to come.

auralassassin
04-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Yea, there's nothing wrong with not crying to this song. Goosebumps, feeling weird... they are FEELINGS. As long as you feel SOMETHING, then the point must not be completely lost on you. Crying isn't necessarily a sign that you get it, either.

This isn't a sad song at all--it's a HAPPY song. It's about understanding and coming to peace. Maynard's mom is in a better place(as she believes, but not necessarily HE believes) But he can rest assuredly, knowing that she lived FULLY and died with her head held high--and in her last waking moments, she believed that she was on her way to a better place.

I don't know about you guys, but to me that IS Heaven. This is a song about understanding--a song about dealing with loss--those aren't sad tears you are crying, those are triumphant tears. And they are very healthy. And goosebumps are very healthy as well. Any stirring of emotion is a good thing here... as long as you realize the power of the message and you act on that message in a positive way, then this song may be a very powerful force in your life. It shows you how to LIVE and most importantly, how to handle death. Because I'll let you in on a little secret...

It comes to us all.

Opiate_Mass
04-19-2006, 06:44 AM
just a question, maybe it should be a poll. i, for one, cannot listen to it at all without crying. anyone else?
i didn't cry, but it alligned my chakras and i got chills

Opiate_Mass
04-19-2006, 06:46 AM
i'm waiting for some churchie to jump out and preach god to my arse -.-

Rav
04-19-2006, 06:52 AM
This isn't a sad song at all--it's a HAPPY song. It's about understanding and coming to peace. Maynard's mom is in a better place(as she believes, but not necessarily HE believes) But he can rest assuredly, knowing that she lived FULLY and died with her head held high--and in her last waking moments, she believed that she was on her way to a better place.

I totally agree.

If you compare this song to earlier songs dealing with Maynard's mother (most obviously Judith) you can hear how he feels about her religious attitudes. However, this song represents a more mature take on the subject. Maynard has realised that this is what made his mother happy, it gave her purpose.

This isn't just happy, it's exhultant, it's Maynard crying out that he is proud of his mother and her life, that if anyone deserves heaven, it was his mother.

auralassassin
04-19-2006, 06:54 AM
i'm waiting for some churchie to jump out and preach god to my arse -.-

The point of this isn't God... it's understanding and accepting that some people find peace in different ways. There is a very good lesson to be had here--don't ignore it, just because it might have a religious undertones or repercussions.

Don't be so closed minded... look what it got Maynard--you think he wouldn't go back and take back everything he said so that he could part on a better note with his mom? He's trying to teach you a lesson--pay the fuck attention.

Ancalagon
04-19-2006, 06:58 AM
This song was absolutely gorgeous and shows amazing maturity for Maynard and Tool as a whole. This entire album shows a maturity they didn't have before, even when they were ascending to the heights of Lateralus. Maynard is understanding and appreciating his mother; even though he can never agree with Christianity, he is understanding the way it gives her peace and wishing he could give up all the offensive things he said about her just to get her back for one moment. AMAZING!!!!!

Rav
04-19-2006, 07:01 AM
The point of this isn't God... it's understanding and accepting that some people find peace in different ways. There is a very good lesson to be had here--don't ignore it, just because it might have a religious undertones or repercussions.

Don't be so closed minded... look what it got Maynard--you think he wouldn't go back and take back everything he said so that he could part on a better note with his mom? He's trying to teach you a lesson--pay the fuck attention.

Quoted For Truth.

crimble
04-19-2006, 07:27 AM
I listened to this song all last night without the lyrics, after reading the lyrics today, I just had to hold back the tears. WOW, I love this song more then any TOOL song to date. thyt says alot to me.

Bogart
04-19-2006, 07:51 AM
This song just keeps growing on me, definately the standout tracks on the album. This song will go down as being one of Tools pinnacle songs of their career.

Bogart
04-19-2006, 08:50 AM
It sure is up there. Its just so atmospheric and brooding...not to mention, the great lyrics.

praefector
04-19-2006, 09:07 AM
i havent cried yet...

its certainly a moving song...but music doesnt make me cry unless theres something im already sad about

auralassassin
04-19-2006, 09:10 AM
i havent cried yet...

its certainly a moving song...but music doesnt make me cry unless theres something im already sad about

Never been so happy that you've cried?

heh... have you ever SEEN Tool live? :P

Andorion
04-19-2006, 10:26 AM
hm strange, this is the only song (talking about both parts) that didn't touch me on the first few listens. yet to come.

I felt the same way... I'm not really digging this song, there's something that feels lacking, it's a little too subdued, too droning. Maybe a few more listens. It's the most repetition song on the album, though.

HolyReality
04-19-2006, 10:26 AM
I haven't cried yet...but I can totally see myself at a crisis in the future and turning to this for relief and compassion and having a breakdown....the only song that I've actually cried to (for personal reasons) is pushit, particularly the live version...so full of emotion it makes me feel like I'm going to explode. but 10,000 Days is definitely gonna stand up there with tool's greats. I love it more and more everytime I listen to it.

Choice Breath
04-19-2006, 10:39 AM
I just listened to it for the first time and I immediately came to the Wings Pt. 2 thread to see what people were saying, thinking I would start a thread about how I cried when I heard it.

Just sitting here thinking of the emotion behind the line that goes something like "your pillar of faith is here, give my my wings" I get tears in my eyes. There's so much behind it. A son watching his mother maintain her faith for 10,000 days while paralyzed and he's imagining her getting to the other side. It's almost like he's saying you better be there and you better give her her wings, she deserves them. Or, that he knows or thinks that won't happen and is imagining her reaction/emotional state upon finding out. I don't know, I can't express it all.

Maybe the most poignant song I've ever heard.

Ravager61
04-19-2006, 10:56 AM
I just listened to it for the first time and I immediately came to the Wings Pt. 2 thread to see what people were saying, thinking I would start a thread about how I cried when I heard it.

Just sitting here thinking of the emotion behind the line that goes something like "your pillar of faith is here, give my my wings" I get tears in my eyes. There's so much behind it. A son watching his mother maintain her faith for 10,000 days while paralyzed and he's imagining her getting to the other side. It's almost like he's saying you better be there and you better give her her wings, she deserves them. Or, that he knows or thinks that won't happen and is imagining her reaction/emotional state upon finding out. I don't know, I can't express it all.

Maybe the most poignant song I've ever heard.

Very well put. I cant describe how emotional this song is. Its absolutely incredible. Tool have really outdone themselves.

FickMyDuck
04-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Can someone PLEASE tell me where the hell are people listneing to these songs?

meatchunk
04-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Can someone PLEASE tell me where the hell are people listneing to these songs?
Careful you could be banned even for inquiring.

champion
04-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Same here....

Its so beautiful...

Isn't the album fake, though? Didn't you have proof?

LordMandinga
04-19-2006, 12:01 PM
I have yet to cry listening to this song, but its amazing.

I've actually met Maynards mother before she passed. I live in Ravenna, Oh and my neighbor worked at the nursing home she was in. I guess MJK would stop in time to time. It always gave the song jimmy a little more meaning.

blabber
04-19-2006, 12:08 PM
I might cry if the song had dynamics, and any sort of emotional progression, but because it drones the same thing troughout, i just want to throw on Lateralus.

osmosis2k
04-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Kabir was right in saying this was going to rewrite our expectations of epic songs by tool (Third Eye, Pushit).
As much as I love those songs, this is definite notch up and thats hard to imagine as it is.

Vegama
04-19-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't cry, but I get chills, every time.

Gustavs01
04-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Cry!?! You bunch of babies what would your Goverment think of you crying over someone elses loss LMAO!

04-19-2006, 12:37 PM
I haven't cried whilst listening to it, I sort of wish I could, though. Like, it gives me goosebumps and makes me feel emotional, but for some reason my body just won't let out any tears. Maybe I'm dead inside.

zac
04-19-2006, 12:49 PM
"Can anyone listen to this song and NOT break down crying?" Yes me. Not trying to sound tough, just answering. This song did not move me, I enjoy listening to it though. I don't care much for the lyrics.

Sancho88
04-19-2006, 12:50 PM
"Can anyone listen to this song and NOT break down crying?" Yes me. Not trying to sound tough, just answering. This song did not move me, I enjoy listening to it though. I don't care much for the lyrics.

How can you not care for the lyrics? Are you kidding?

zac
04-19-2006, 12:57 PM
How can you not care for the lyrics? Are you kidding?
No? I'm not kidding.....What do you mean how can I not.

hbynoe
04-19-2006, 01:21 PM
i think i broke down today for the first time taking it all in..
such beauty..such sadness..what a way to accept..tool have moved
me again in ways that i didn't think they could.

TheHolyGift
04-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Where is everyone getting it???? AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Vegama
04-19-2006, 01:56 PM

The lyrics are amazing, no matter what you apply them to.

meatchunk
04-19-2006, 02:17 PM
All I know is this song better be tha shit to make so many people cry. I haven't heard it yet... gonna wait it out til the 2nd.
I know Adam said he gets choked up playing it, I'm just surprised how many others are as well.

Opiate Son
04-19-2006, 02:49 PM
This song just keeps growing on me, definately the standout tracks on the album. This song will go down as being one of Tools pinnacle songs of their career.

i can't wait to hear it although it will be bittersweet. my best friend who i was in a band with for several years (he was an amazing drummer) was killed in a car accident just a few months after we saw Tool on the last tour. i can't stand the thought of him not being able to hear this cd and he will be in my thoughts when i finally get to hear this song.

Scobularni
04-19-2006, 02:52 PM
All I know is this song better be tha shit to make so many people cry. I haven't heard it yet... gonna wait it out til the 2nd.
I know Adam said he gets choked up playing it, I'm just surprised how many others are as well.

its awesome.. i was listening to it on the train to work for the first time and my face started doing funny smiley crying motions, goosebumps the lot.

people must have thought i was a mentalist.

meatchunk
04-19-2006, 02:56 PM
its awesome.. i was listening to it on the train to work for the first time and my face started doing funny smiley crying motions, goosebumps the lot.

people must have thought i was a mentalist.
Yeah I think i know how feel. Sometimes I get kinda caught up when such a positive emotion is flowing. Can't wait

spiralout11235
04-19-2006, 03:30 PM
This song hasn't made me cry, maybe because I haven't experienced the death of an immediate family member. But I always close my eyes when listening to this song, this song pierces like a dagger. The emotion, the lyrics, its so overwhelmingly powerful.

dracomordag
04-19-2006, 03:39 PM
first time i just got the most intense goosebumps

2nd and 3rd times i cried. i'm trying to listen to this song as little as possible, so i don't do what i've done to so many other emotional songs: overplay them and then eventaully the emotion fades.

dvnt
04-19-2006, 04:57 PM
I wonder if Maynard will perform this live? It would surely be an amazing performance, but I don't see how he could sing this creation with the same amoung of emotion as this recording without getting choked up himself.

04-19-2006, 05:09 PM
i'm trying to listen to this song as little as possible, so i don't do what i've done to so many other emotional songs: overplay them and then eventaully the emotion fades.

That's what I was gunna try to do, but it's too fucking hard. I just want to listen to this song over and over again, 11 minutes of pure amazement.

torment_
04-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Yea, there's nothing wrong with not crying to this song. Goosebumps, feeling weird... they are FEELINGS. As long as you feel SOMETHING, then the point must not be completely lost on you. Crying isn't necessarily a sign that you get it, either.

I don't know about you guys, but to me that IS Heaven. This is a song about understanding--a song about dealing with loss--those aren't sad tears you are crying, those are triumphant tears. And they are very healthy. And goosebumps are very healthy as well. Any stirring of emotion is a good thing here... as long as you realize the power of the message and you act on that message in a positive way, then this song may be a very powerful force in your life. It shows you how to LIVE and most importantly, how to handle death. Because I'll let you in on a little secret...

It comes to us all.

In the ways that this song havent effected my emotions like that.. your post did.

I agree 110 percent.

Thank you for that. :)

unfnknblvbl
04-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Wow.

I've been looking for a song to sing at my mother's eventual funeral for quite some time (she has dementia, and is quite elderly - not quite stroke-paralysis, I know), and I think this is the one... she's quite religious, and even has a startlingly similar name to Judith Marie..

Certainly beats "Mama Said" that's for sure

selfimportanttoolfan
04-19-2006, 08:41 PM
I might cry if the song had dynamics, and any sort of emotional progression, but because it drones the same thing troughout, i just want to throw on Lateralus.

boo yah

drone007
04-19-2006, 08:49 PM

lots of songs by other bands have made me feel like crying, but this one is the first one to actually make shed a few tears. that was pretty powerful song.

i haven't had a similar loss or long-lived pain, but just to think of something like what's described in this song... it just gets to you and you feel so angry that this would happen to anyone. couple that with the fact that so many people are dying these days from such fucked up situations...

i think if they played this song live the whole world would blow up.

outerone.com
04-19-2006, 09:27 PM
On my first listen of the album I went through a few times where I felt tears just bursting out. Good therapy, isnt Tool into lacromology anyways so its a good thing. Very powerfull stuff. I dont think Ive ever listen to an album with such intense feelings flowing through.

Xariable
04-19-2006, 09:29 PM
I felt some moisture.

bwood99x
04-19-2006, 10:43 PM
This is such a beautiful song, i come so close to crying everytime i hear it around 4-5 minutes in...get full body goose bumbs everytime he says "pillar of faith has ascended..." i am completely unable to listen to this song with my eyes open

also, this was probably mentioned, but in adams lengthy interview with guitar world, he says he cries everytime he plays the long song on the new album (this song)

bwood99x
04-19-2006, 10:45 PM
On my first listen of the album I went through a few times where I felt tears just bursting out. Good therapy, isnt Tool into lacromology anyways so its a good thing. Very powerfull stuff. I dont think Ive ever listen to an album with such intense feelings flowing through.

hope you are being sarcastic...read the damn faq!

Paradigm619
04-19-2006, 11:27 PM
...did this song make you cry (or even tear up)?
Be honest.

And here's a preemptive "Fuck you" to the inevitable assbags who don't have enough substance in their scrotum to admit that they have emotions, and feel it is their duty to prove to everyone else (but mostly themselves) that "crying is for pussies". Please exit this thread immediately.

praefector
04-19-2006, 11:34 PM
so you ask a question and then immediately condemn those who have a differing opinion

good job

i feel a lot of emotion in the song, and i feel a special connection to it having lost my mother as well...but ive yet to shed a tear.

perhaps if they perform it live, the waterworks will begin

Paradigm619
04-19-2006, 11:36 PM
so you ask a question and then immediately condemn those who have a differing opinion

good job

I condemned those who would condemn people who might admit that they cried. This forum is chocked full of incessant flamers who love nothing more than to rip on their fellow man. I just think it's senseless.

EDIT: And you know that if whether I did or didn't write that, there would be at least one (but probably many) people posting how lame it is that all these people cried.

UtUmNo1
04-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Are you a fucking pre-pubescent chick or a eunuch?

Paradigm619
04-19-2006, 11:45 PM
I'm actually a 7-foot hermaphrodite with four penises and seven vaginas. The three more vaginas is why I am physically able to weep.

UtUmNo1
04-19-2006, 11:54 PM
Either way you've got no balls.

Paradigm619
04-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Either way you've got no balls.
w00t

The Let Down
04-19-2006, 11:59 PM
goosebumps during the beginning but no tears

Paradigm619
04-20-2006, 12:00 AM
it actually didn't happen for me until I was transcribing the lyrics. I got to the "10,000 days in the fire is long enough" line and it hit me out nowhere.

Comletely unexpected.

RED_THE_HAT
04-20-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm actually a 7-foot hermaphrodite with four penises and seven vaginas. The three more vaginas is why I am physically able to weep.

I like you all of a sudden

F!end
04-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Yeah... it did make me cry, the first time I was listening to it while reading the lyrics... now it gives me some serious goosbumps.

geert
04-20-2006, 12:46 AM
it didn't make me cry, but it certainly touched me...

and i must agree with Paradigm619 that the "10,000 days in the fire is long enough"
line is a superior line !

jesse.O_o
04-20-2006, 02:04 AM
I like you all of a sudden
classic

Tyson
04-20-2006, 02:09 AM
Actually wings more so then this.

For personal reasons.

Misanthrope
04-20-2006, 02:13 AM
It made me laugh, for Tyson's personal reasons.

waffel
04-20-2006, 02:19 AM
The end is kind of sad.

chalimar
04-20-2006, 02:20 AM
It didn't make me cry, but I'm certainly not one who thinks that "crying is for pussies" or whatever. If you feel like you have to cry just DO IT. It won't harm you.

It's a very touching song but until now I didn't shed a tear whilst listening to it. But the "give me my... wings" part certainly gave me goosebumps & all.

Tyson
04-20-2006, 02:25 AM
It made me laugh, for Tyson's personal reasons.

lol @ my mum.

unfnknblvbl
04-20-2006, 02:49 AM
I cried, but mostly because I was feeling down in the dumps anyway - my pet rat is dying, and the girl I'm interested in is only playing with me, so this really just tipped me over the edge into a sobbing mess.

unfnknblvbl
04-20-2006, 02:53 AM
thanks, I thought of it myself!

Xariable
04-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Interesting. As the "Emo" bands continue to blow harder and harder, Tool will pick up some fans. At what part exactly did Tool's music possess you? What was said? Played? Specifics, man. :o)
We don't want to just hear that you alll cried. I think.
"Welcome ex-pat Thursday fans, neglected "thrown in sad name here" people . . ."
*lu avec le sarcasme

justlikeme
04-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This is such an amazingly beautiful song. Its such a piece of art, really great. I can't listen to it without getting shivers going down my spine and yup,I've been crying a tad bit too!!!

Vexom
04-20-2006, 08:25 AM
it didn't make me cry but it is the first song in a LONG time to give me goosebumbs.

tooljunky
04-20-2006, 08:27 AM
lame, preemptive fuck me, its not worth crying over..
its awesome, goosebumps, but crying... no

Anr149
04-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Didnt Adam even say this song made him cry in the GW interview around the 5:30 mark it just gets me

Boozy Eulogist
04-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Gee I know when I start a thread I want to make sure to send out some negative vibes for everyone to post from.

Bogart
04-20-2006, 08:36 AM
I voted no

Sea of Lies
04-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Yes i can. It doesn't make me cry, it makes me calm, and just tnat.

Sea of Lies
04-20-2006, 09:04 AM
No
Just thought it was a great song, maynard singing from the heart. I appreciate that and the song makes me calm. But doesn't make me wanna cry, like Bambi or Hostel.

Cronos
04-20-2006, 09:32 AM
I had a similar reaction this song, only it wasn't crying that I couldn't stop, but farting.

Aside from my room stinking like shit and being utterly repulsive, the smell itself could possibly bring me to tears. I think, maybe, that you guys could be experiencing the same experience that I am going through?

I don't know if it's this song or something I ate, or maybe it's played utilizing the brown noise, the third F# or Gb below middle C and my speakers are so special that they pick up the note!?

Sagacious Foetu
04-20-2006, 12:02 PM
not quite but damn, almost.

hbynoe
04-20-2006, 12:04 PM
yes...with all of me
i shook
and i cried it came slow
but then it all built up in my chest
so much is in there

Sagacious Foetu
04-20-2006, 12:08 PM
I had a similar reaction this song, only it wasn't crying that I couldn't stop, but farting.

Aside from my room stinking like shit and being utterly repulsive, the smell itself could possibly bring me to tears. I think, maybe, that you guys could be experiencing the same experience that I am going through?

I don't know if it's this song or something I ate, or maybe it's played utilizing the brown noise, the third F# or Gb below middle C and my speakers are so special that they pick up the note!?
i've heard that the elusive so-called "brown note" is impossible to hear. why is it that what you just described it as, sounds entirely possible to hear? maybe i'm just stupid enough to actually be able to hear it........?

tool25
04-20-2006, 12:12 PM
dude it really is the shit, its unbelievably emotional

blair's man sausage
04-20-2006, 12:17 PM
No
Just thought it was a great song, maynard singing from the heart. I appreciate that and the song makes me calm. But doesn't make me wanna cry, like Bambi or Hostel.

hostel makes you wanna cry?

Clutch it like an AEnima
04-20-2006, 01:47 PM
it was the "give me my.....give me my wingsssssssss"
and then the guitar kicks in after wings....ahhhhh made me shudder

jbweldon04
04-20-2006, 01:56 PM
What the hell? A song make someone cry? What the hell? It's just a song....

Scrunzset
04-20-2006, 02:10 PM
I got close to crying the first time, being so stoked to hear this piece of music that I've been in love with for 4 years expand and crush any and all expectations that I had for it. Then I started listening to it while reading the lyrics and my eyes welled up and leaked. Then my ex (who I consider to be the love of my life) sees me online and says that we should start over and try things again.... all while this song's going on... so by that point I was crying like a lil bitch.

Guess I gotta say that I feel very lucky to gain someone back who I thought I lost forever.

slicknickshady
04-20-2006, 02:32 PM
yes.

aspradlin
04-20-2006, 02:36 PM
There should be an "almost" option. Sure, it means no, but there's a difference between no and fighting back tears.

deadtime
04-20-2006, 03:09 PM
most definitely.

[=TrasH=]
04-20-2006, 11:42 PM
I am not much of a crier, but I will cry to this song yet. It may or may not be before the concert, but definately will happen AT the concert. It may happen sooner if I let my guard down...it breaks my heart every time I hear it...

mrmeathead
04-21-2006, 04:43 AM

3:20 guitar buildup ==> "..lights go down.."
I did lol but it was about someone leaving me for a while. The song pushes you over the edge if you're feeling kinda mushy. Not a good song to have on in the background when stuff happens ;)

drone007
04-21-2006, 07:32 AM
this is gonna be wild if they play it and you look around and everyone is crying... jeeeeeez

it's gonna be an all out love fest

Stev
04-21-2006, 07:48 AM
No, unfortunately. I love lachrymology, but songs just don't seem to do it for me. I get the emotional response, and that's what I love about music, but not to that extent. I only seem to get anything from film & book.

Bucket101Proof
04-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Didn't cry the first few times I heard it. However after I listened carefully to what he was saying and realized what it was about the song touched me on a much deeper level. Still haven't lost any tears over it, but I will say that it has choked me up the last few times I have listened to it.

Ancalagon
04-21-2006, 11:52 AM
First felt it coming at "Hiiiigh is the waaaaaay ..." then really felt the onslaught at "You're going home ....." At "GIVE ME MY WINGS!" my eyes welled up the first time I heard the song, but I didn't actually shed any tears.

Tino
04-21-2006, 02:14 PM
yes, it did at first listen. strange enough, cause over my hifi-shit i got a bad sound-mix

monkeythumbs
04-21-2006, 02:44 PM
goosebumps everytime.

need new poll.

a song wont make me cry.

maybe get a little choked up... but never cry.

the poll should be edited to cry/goosebumps/hair stand etc. :P

Opiate Son
04-23-2006, 12:59 PM
i have cried, i will cry, it's alright, i don't mind, i don't mind, I DON'T MMIIINNNDDD!!!!!

Austin_Lucksted
06-25-2010, 05:21 PM
It's amazing how I almost feel strange now that I DONT cry to this song..

Me too! I almost have, but I managed to keep it together. I should have cried. I could have cried. I don't mind. I don't mind. I don't minnnnnnnd!

Carny_Handles
06-25-2010, 05:31 PM
i cried a couple times when hearing this song for the first time, now it does not have the same emotional impact it once had on me.. i still get that lump in my throat feeling on occasion, depending where i'm listening to it, if i have my headphones on i get close to crying still to this day.

3stars
07-03-2010, 11:28 PM
No, only because I don't cry easily, but I do feel very emotional when I listen to this song and I must say, Maynard James Keenan is one of the absolute best song writers ever in the intire history of mankind and I will feel very emotional if I never see Tool in concert

Inner_Eulogy
07-07-2010, 10:10 AM
the intire history of mankind

This=intire use of what he was taught in school

3stars
07-18-2010, 02:05 PM
This=intire use of what he was taught in school

Well, I must say, he was taught well, my guess, is that he's a prodigy, totally natural in thought prossess and vocalization.

slamminsalmon
07-18-2010, 02:12 PM
i dont all out cry, but i get a little misty. i think of my own mother and our relationship. she happens to be a devout christian. not a stroke victim, but the words still apply well.

why did crying ever become such a big deal? its a healthy outlet to release stress. there are a lot more destructive options out there.