PDA

View Full Version : This song is slowly growing on alot of people...well, most :P

Seethus
04-19-2006, 09:28 PM
"best song on the album"
"The worst song Tool has ever made!!"
HAHAHA its so funny going into this song's forum and seeing these topics right next to each other. ^^

But I know more people like this song than hate it.
Alot of people love it, and alot of those were at first confused even annoyed..then grew to even like it the MOST.

Then there are the people that just simply dont like 10,000 days at all. And its no surprise they dont like this song the most, its the most experimental song of them all. Simply because maynard sings Tori Amos style at the start, with a ballad.

bighand99
04-19-2006, 11:15 PM
I am a huge Tool fan and have liked just about everything they've done on previous albums and this song is no different. I almost shit my pants the first time I heard it. It is so intense. Especially the end when Maynard keeps yelling High! Crazy stuff.

Neel
04-19-2006, 11:17 PM
If everything else that they have ever done speaks tool and prog, this song speaks tool anf funk, and its fucking amazing. It's my favorite song so far.

Neel
04-19-2006, 11:18 PM
P.s. This song could easily be the next single, and I support it.

Drifter
04-20-2006, 12:21 AM
Holy crap.. The ending on this song is superb. 46&2*10? The Pot.

RED_THE_HAT
04-20-2006, 12:55 AM
This song is far from my favourite Tool moment, but it definately is a high point on this album. At first, I was very freaked out, with the vocal style and reasonably standard rock beats, then I listened again. And again, and again. Now it is starting to digest. i love this song.

lateral_circle
04-20-2006, 12:58 AM
This. SOng. FUcking. Rocks. Love the track and the album.

Seethus
04-20-2006, 01:03 AM
I cant believe some people dont like to hear the introduction, it reaffirms my knowledge that Maynard is one of the finest singers ever.EVER

Cid
04-20-2006, 12:21 PM
i like the album a lot, but i think this is the worst song on the album by far.

Florida_Mike
04-20-2006, 01:23 PM
This song really brings me back to Undertow and Opiate, just a little more melodic and a little less edgy (vocally). I definitely had a :wtfmate: look the first time I heard the intro, but it really has grown on me.

FKassad
04-20-2006, 01:26 PM
I am a huge Tool fan and have liked just about everything they've done on previous albums and this song is no different. I almost shit my pants the first time I heard it. It is so intense. Especially the end when Maynard keeps yelling High! Crazy stuff.

Is it me, or do the people on these boards have a problem holding their bowels?

placidium
04-20-2006, 01:27 PM
good song.

saturnineremedy
04-20-2006, 01:27 PM
best. song. ever.

bozziodrummer000
04-20-2006, 01:38 PM
the bass is quite amazing on this song

Cid
04-20-2006, 02:27 PM
No it isn't.

yes it is.

jerzzzey
04-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Ive listened to this song more then double any of the other songs, very catchy.

lacrimosa
04-20-2006, 04:08 PM
the first time i listened to it i was 'what the fuck' now i understand. i really like it.

InertUniformity
04-20-2006, 04:16 PM
What the hell is this song even about?

I dont really care... its amazing... im blown away.

veryape
04-20-2006, 04:28 PM
i realy like this song,i think its great.,very catchy indeed

Carbonatedgravy
04-20-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure what to make of it. Hated, hated, HATED it at first. Hated it so much I didn't recover until halfway through Intension. (My hatred ruined everything else for me up to that point.)

Now I'm a little softened, but I sure don't love it. Only had 4 listens though.

Grimey
04-20-2006, 05:50 PM
This song is far from my favourite Tool moment, but it definately is a high point on this album. At first, I was very freaked out, with the vocal style and reasonably standard rock beats, then I listened again. And again, and again. Now it is starting to digest. i love this song.

My words exactly..

PerfectlyToolish
04-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Aside from the start of the song where maynard sounds like nothing i've ever heard before (not a good thing btw) i love this song...it changes speeds a couple of times which is what i like and the vocals are good the rest of the way.

Not the best song they've ever done but i really like it

Indrid Cold
04-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Thats good to hear. I liked it from the beginning though and its now my favorite track next to Right In Two and Rosetta Stoned. :P

Furthurdown
04-20-2006, 08:21 PM
I really enjoy this track. But it isn't in a similar way I enjoy a track like Third Eye. This song is extrodinary catchy, and probably has more commerical appeal than any other song. This, of couse, isn't a bad thing. For example, "Go To Sleep" off Radiohead's last album was one of these songs with a very catchy hook, but still was a great song. One thing is for sure, this song seems like it would be a riot live.

mystictigress
04-20-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm with most of the posters and agree that this song is unbelievably catchy. When I first heard it my reaction was, "what the fuck is this?!" but then I started laughing cause it's just so awesome and it was so surprizing. It's not my favourite on the album, but it's definately the one that randomly pops into my head throughout the day and look forward to listening to.

pensar
04-20-2006, 11:02 PM
ditto.

takes many turns, but does have some very catchy parts.

now if i can just find a way to delete that queer first 15 seconds.... hmmm...