PDA

View Full Version : General

Wu-Li Novice
04-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Dosent seem to be anything magical about it to me.

Its a general statement about the darkside of humanity and life, we candy coat it but in the end we all love to see things suffer and wither and die.

rotary dave
04-19-2006, 08:57 PM
I agree, it is pretty straight forward compared to most Tool lyrics. I enjoy deeper lyrics but as many have said in other posts, simple language seems to get the message across better.

fugitive538
04-23-2006, 11:57 AM
I agree, it is pretty straight forward compared to most Tool lyrics. I enjoy deeper lyrics but as many have said in other posts, simple language seems to get the message across better.

well, i dont think this lyrics are so straight-forward. there is a meaning like this, of course, that we, humans simply like to watch thing suffer and die, but there are greater thoughts behind it.
we dont simply like that, but we need it, because we need to see such tragedies, so we can realize how vile our species is, and we can feel how vulnerable we are. And by seeing this, we can realize the values of our existence. That while others die and suffer, we are fine. And this emphasises the value of our life. But we tend to forget it, so we need to see such things all the time.
(and in a way, i see these lyrics as a sequence of several thoughts on lateralus, the stuff about appreciating our existence, our chance to be alive and breathing. - Vicarious is new in a way, because -as someone in an other topic noted- here peace turns into anger.)

paraflux
05-26-2006, 06:24 AM
Dosent seem to be anything magical about it to me.
... where did you read that this album was going to be what you consider "magical?" And why did you expect it, anyway.

Its a general statement about the darkside of humanity and life, we candy coat it but in the end we all love to see things suffer and wither and die.
Ok, you got the point. What's wrong with what you just said?