PDA

View Full Version : Hoax or Genuine?

reign3
04-19-2006, 07:34 PM
We've been having the debate for a while now, and I haven't seem a poll yet, so if there is one, just disregard this thread.

oneredflag
04-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Haven't heard it yet but I am sure it is the real deal.

ChristianTroy
04-19-2006, 07:48 PM
So far the only thing that makes me think it's real is Right in Two.

CallofCthulhu
04-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Its too close to the release date to change the album to be released based on promotional purposes. The band could change the name and track titles, but this is the damn album. Although, I'm begging to enjoy the theories from some people saying that these are left over tracks, b-sides & such from AEnima and Lateralus, because lets face it, you can hear those two albums all over this album.

ViVisekt6
04-19-2006, 08:40 PM
voting "no" would only be wishful thinking.

of course it is real.

SpirallingOut
04-19-2006, 08:48 PM
real songs, but not real sound quality. It's like listening to 32 or 64KBS mp3's, you get a sense of the song but you don't hear everything.

chalk_line
04-19-2006, 08:53 PM
I hope its fake then i will have 2 new tool cds

Boozy Eulogist
04-19-2006, 08:57 PM
For Fucks Sake how many of these people are going to be sitting here in June saying it's still a decoy and the real album will be coming out any day now?

CallofCthulhu
04-19-2006, 09:45 PM
For Fucks Sake how many of these people are going to be sitting here in June saying it's still a decoy and the real album will be coming out any day now?

Reminds me of the battle between Jews & Christians and the coming of the real Messiah.

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 10:21 PM

That made me laugh. I'm sure there will be plenty of 'em, the poor fools.

reign3
04-19-2006, 10:24 PM
1/3

Interesting

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 10:44 PM
1/3

Interesting

Interesting? Maybe. Insane? Definitely.

praefector
04-19-2006, 10:45 PM
its teh hoax0rz

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 10:51 PM
I cannot believe how many threads there are about this brilliant record being a hoax or a decoy. I think it's an inspired work of art. How insulting to the band. Come May 2nd there are going to be a lot of people here eating crow.

Lagomorph
04-19-2006, 11:14 PM
shh Kabir....

Alexandra
04-19-2006, 11:23 PM
lol

waffel
04-19-2006, 11:27 PM
This will be released on the 2nd. But a realer album will be released later.

Alexandra
04-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Just a question...but can anyone prove that what is being transported to record stores right now is actually this leak?

Boom Boom
04-20-2006, 12:58 AM
I find the whole hoax thing funny. I just can't believe they would go that far, and do the extra work just to prevent the leaking of the real album, since the real album will be on the net too, as soon as it comes out...
But the most striking thing is that there are so many tool fans who don't want to accept this album to be real, like it is not good enough to be a tool album, I think for the first time this is a joke played on the band by their fans, but a joke never meant to be. I mean you put your time, creativity and hard work into making an album you consider very good, and then when it leaks about 40% of the fans think it's so bad it must be a hoax, b-sides, recycled material, a big joke? The fans have slapped the band real hard actualy, since great deal of them obviously can't differentiate what are the good songs, and are there some weak songs coming from the band, like, what have you been listening too all these years? Do you even know good or bad music when you hear it? Is the band you are so big fans any good at all? I just hope the band doesn't take all of these too personal, because people are what they are - obviously very confused in general, and don't know what to think and how to think right.
I haven't heard the album yet, am waiting to hear it when it comes out, the band has put effort to make it and I think I will hear a good rock album, and a good jam. And this is all I'm hoping for from the band, good and sincere jam. Peace.

inks
04-20-2006, 01:26 AM
I find the whole hoax thing funny. I just can't believe they would go that far, and do the extra work just to prevent the leaking of the real album, since the real album will be on the net too, as soon as it comes out...
i do.
But the most striking thing is that there are so many tool fans who don't want to accept this album to be real, like it is not good enough to be a tool albumThat's because it isn't good enough - plain and simple.
I mean you put your time, creativity and hard work into making an album you consider very good, and then when it leaks about 40% of the fans think it's so bad it must be a hoax, b-sides, recycled material, a big joke?
'that you consider good'? you're talking from the band's perspective now?
this is the whole point - they obviously didn't put in 'hard work' to produce it.
there are a few nice songs, but it isn't 5 years worth of material.
The fans have slapped the band real hard actualy, since great deal of them obviously can't differentiate what are the good songs, and are there some weak songs coming from the band, like, what have you been listening too all these years? Do you even know good or bad music when you hear it? Is the band you are so big fans any good at all?
what on earth are you talking about.
I just hope the band doesn't take all of these too personal
god forbid. but i'm really sure they appreciate your sympathy. please.
because people are what they are - obviously very confused in general, and don't know what to think and how to think right.
you maybe.
I haven't heard the album yet,
ah, there we go. that explains it. you have no right give your opinion at ALL.
am waiting to hear it when it comes out, the band has put effort to make it and I think I will hear a good rock album, and a good jam. And this is all I'm hoping for from the band, good and sincere jam. Peace.
but what was released isn't a good rock album.
it's mediocre at best - and doesn't flow at all.
i'm in no doubt that this is a sham. if you listened to it before spouting your unintelligable mouth, you'd understand.

This is the band that produced Lateralus - i think they would be more insulted if you ACCEPTED this as the real deal. It's not.

just simulacra
04-20-2006, 01:28 AM
thumbs up inks.

rembrandt_q_einstein
04-20-2006, 01:33 AM
honestly what is so wrong with the album? if you listen to it and arent intruiged i guess maybe you should go get your green day cds or something

just simulacra
04-20-2006, 01:33 AM
honestly what is so wrong with the album? if you listen to it and arent intruiged i guess maybe you should go get your green day cds or something

Or, I could simultaneously play all previous tool albums on four separate stereos and pretend I'm listennig to 10000 Days, because it's the same exact thing.

fault
04-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Or, I could simultaneously play all previous tool albums on four separate stereos and pretend I'm listennig to 10000 Days, because it's the same exact thing.

lol. That's almost a truth.

inks
04-20-2006, 01:58 AM
lyrics, concept (lack of), continuity, production, originality, ... TOOL-ness

oh, i'm *intrigued alright. At the supposed fans who can't see what's up, and what's wrong.

it's hilarious - and i'm quite looking forward to seeing these morons who believe it to be the real deal, proved wrong.

seems Tool is inadvertantly weeding out the tool's.

Alexandra
04-20-2006, 02:01 AM
*applauds*

Lagomorph
04-20-2006, 02:14 AM
inks you pwnt that dude

ONLY KOOL PEOPLE READ THE INFO BELOW:

(but guys keep it down aye..... tool are doing this for a reason remember, think about it, just let them have their fun, gotta wait it out till may 2nd).

edit: remember, the more we go on about the hoax the more people get convinced, and the less of an effect the whole thing will have.

inks
04-20-2006, 04:47 AM
when i see tool live, i am going to wait for a quiet moment between songs, then take my chance to shout out: "GOD DAMN, SHIT THE BED."
hahaha

Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 04:50 AM
lyrics, concept (lack of), continuity, production, originality, ... TOOL-ness

oh, i'm *intrigued alright. At the supposed fans who can't see what's up, and what's wrong.

it's hilarious - and i'm quite looking forward to seeing these morons who believe it to be the real deal, proved wrong.

seems Tool is inadvertantly weeding out the tool's.

You, sir, are a douche bag.

dark_Speedo
04-20-2006, 04:56 AM
of course it is fucking real, what the fuck

they wouldn't put this much effort into creating a fake album, the production is incredible

fault
04-20-2006, 04:56 AM

I don't care either way of your opinion, but tired cliche putdowns is awfully lame. Please put more effort into your argument in future.

inks
04-20-2006, 04:58 AM
excellent post. sir.
perhaps you would like to provide some substance to go with it?
a logical argument maybe? if nothing else, a better insult would be appreciated. moron ; )

Hensby
04-20-2006, 04:58 AM
1 Tool album, god yes...
2 Tool albums, even better ;)

Rubb.
04-20-2006, 04:59 AM
lol intarnets wars.

edit: fuck henny, why'd you have to post between me and what i was referring to??

You're dead.

Hensby
04-20-2006, 05:03 AM
lol intarnets wars.

I rubb am a retard, agah gah gah

You're dead.

Say what now?

Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 05:06 AM
excellent post. sir.
perhaps you would like to provide some substance to go with it?
a logical argument maybe? if nothing else, a better insult would be appreciated. moron ; )

It got a response out of you. You shouldnt respond to such stupidity. Shame on you.

Rubb.
04-20-2006, 05:06 AM
Say what now?

I know where you live. Watch your back, boy.

Alexandra
04-20-2006, 05:40 AM
hahaha
when i see tool live, i am going to wait for a quiet moment between songs, then take my chance to shout out: "GOD DAMN, SHIT THE BED."I totally laughed too.

Boom Boom
04-20-2006, 05:46 AM
"That's because it isn't good enough - plain and simple." by inks

Maybe you should start using 'I think', 'in my opinion' sentences because then it would be clearer about whose ideas are you talking. Yours? Music critics? Fans in general?

"'that you consider good'? you're talking from the band's perspective now?
this is the whole point - they obviously didn't put in 'hard work' to produce it.
there are a few nice songs, but it isn't 5 years worth of material."

They obviously didn't spend whole 5 years making the album. I'm regarding the possibilty that this material everyone is talking about is the real thing. Regarding their new material, I think it was Danny Carey that said this could be the best work they did. So yes I'm stating what the band said.

"what on earth are you talking about."

I'm talking about fans who can't believe the new songs to be Tool songs just because they maybe don't sound like they want them to sound.

"god forbid. but i'm really sure they appreciate your sympathy. please."

If you find sympathy in my words, that is your interpretation. I generaly don't feel sympathy in any way for a rock band doing their own thing and making millions of dollars in process, even if they experience some fan disaproval of their new stuff.

"you maybe."

Maybe you are right on this one, than again maybe not...I'm saying all of this only for the sake of argument that this album is the real deal. You can imagine this to be the case, that this album is what we get?

"ah, there we go. that explains it. you have no right give your opinion at ALL."

I'm giving opinion on hoax/real album situation, not the actual album or songs. So before you start bitchin' do some thinking, at least on the most basic level.

"but what was released isn't a good rock album.
it's mediocre at best - and doesn't flow at all.
i'm in no doubt that this is a sham. if you listened to it before spouting your unintelligable mouth, you'd understand."

So Tool aren't capable of making mediocre album? They are only human, it can happen. And mediocre to whose taste? I find 'Lateralus' just slightly better than mediocre. Again, i'm not giving opinion on an album I didn't hear, but the hoax/real situation.

"This is the band that produced Lateralus - i think they would be more insulted if you ACCEPTED this as the real deal. It's not."

You're right on this one. This is the band that produced Lateralus. Everything else is left for interpretation. I believe the band has the potential to make songs that are different from 'Lateralus'.

inks
04-20-2006, 05:55 AM
It got a response out of you. You shouldnt respond to such stupidity. Shame on you.
i can only imagine you believe this to be a response/reasoning containing some kind of wit, alas..

blair's man sausage
04-20-2006, 06:02 AM
the only hoax is that there is no hoax...

Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 06:02 AM
I can only imagine you don't have much of a life if you have time to start arguments with me in two seperate threads.

inks
04-20-2006, 06:16 AM
I can only imagine you don't have much of a life if you have time to start arguments with me in two seperate threads.
i only noticed your other (ridiculous) thread, after your impotent insult towards me in here, so i proceeded to respond to your other post.

apologies, i wasn't aware we were relegated to individual threads and veins of discussion here.

would you've preferred it if i had simply returned the name 'douch-bag' and that be the end of it?
i've never used that phrase and don't plan to.

Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 06:21 AM
i only noticed your other (ridiculous) thread, after your impotent insult towards me in here, so i proceeded to respond to your other post.

impotent? sure you didn't mean impudent...?

and no, I would've preferred you to say "you're right, I am a douche bag. I apologize for my extreme douche-bagosity. I will now lick your taint." But, alas, we do not live in a perfect world.

inks
04-20-2006, 06:50 AM
firstly - thanks for the thorough reply.
That's because it isn't good enough - plain and simple.

Maybe you should start using 'I think', 'in my opinion' sentences because then it would be clearer about whose ideas are you talking. Yours? Music critics? Fans in general?
it's my opinion, or course.
i assumed such was obvious - since i made the post, apologies.
i also believe that most true tool fans, one's not blinded by fanaticism, one's that still appreciate the intricacies, both the evidant and subtle wonders of their music, should be able to distinguish what is 'good' and what is 'not'. like some internal intuition. i think most should be able to determine that this release does not meet the grade that they can (and will) produce.

I think it was Danny Carey that said this could be the best work they did. So yes I'm stating what the band said.
in my opinion, quotes like this only serve to back up the idea that there is more to come.

I'm talking about fans who can't believe the new songs to be Tool songs just because they maybe don't sound like they want them to sound.
like i said before, i think most of the people that really appreciate good music - can appreciate good music.
i'm not talking about people having pre-conceptions as to what it Should sound like, and then having been dissapointed, but rather people who can evaluate what they are listening to and make an informed critique.

If you find sympathy in my words, that is your interpretation. I generaly don't feel sympathy in any way for a rock band doing their own thing and making millions of dollars in process, even if they experience some fan disaproval of their new stuff.
fair explanation.

Maybe you are right on this one, than again maybe not...I'm saying all of this only for the sake of argument that this album is the real deal. You can imagine this to be the case, that this album is what we get?
i'm not quite sure what you're trying to say/how it relates to your statement that 'everyone is confused and doesn't know how to think'.

I'm giving opinion on hoax/real album situation, not the actual album or songs. So before you start bitchin' do some thinking, at least on the most basic level.
no, i think in this instance, you have to have heard the material to give you opinion on whether you believe it to be genuine or not.
if i had not heard it, i myself would believe that the idea of some type of 'hoax cd' is far fetched. however - after listening to the tracks, and understanding what a shambles/mess it all is, i am set in my belief. it's my voice of reason telling me, rather than going by probabilities (although - i believe it to be quite possible for a band to pull this off anyway)

So Tool aren't capable of making mediocre album? They are only human, it can happen.
not this mediocre. not this under developed.
again - you must hear it before giving your opinion on the hoax situation, you may just change your mind.

I believe the band has the potential to make songs that are different from 'Lateralus'.
so do i, and to make them just as brilliant.
not necessarilly in the same style musically, not necessarilly in the same style lyrically, but this is Not It.

: )

inks
04-20-2006, 06:52 AM
impotent? sure you didn't mean impudent...?

and no, I would've preferred you to say "you're right, I am a douche bag. I apologize for my extreme douche-bagosity. I will now lick your taint." But, alas, we do not live in a perfect world.
no, i meant what i said, thanks.
your insults are impotent, lacking in life, vigour, and any meaning whatsoever.
please, just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 06:57 AM
no, i meant what i said, thanks.
your insults are impotent, lacking in life, vigour, and any meaning whatsoever.
please, just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

The social definiton of that word is not the literal definition. And I'm pretty sure you had to look that up to make sure you hadn't TOTALLY made an idiot of yourself, seeing as # Lacking physical strength or vigor; weak. is the first entry on dictionary.com

inks
04-20-2006, 07:05 AM
The social definiton of that word is not the literal definition. And I'm pretty sure you had to look that up to make sure you hadn't TOTALLY made an idiot of yourself, seeing as # Lacking physical strength or vigor; weak. is the first entry on dictionary.com
i didn't.. but it appears as though you did..
they call it an education when you know the actual meaning of words.
the literal meaning applies quite well to your conversational style.
redundant, impotent - we could probably add 'flaccid' to that ; )

Cemetery Shindig
04-20-2006, 07:10 AM
i didn't.. but it appears as though you did..
they call it an education when you know the actual meaning of words.
the literal meaning applies quite well to your conversational style.
redundant, impotent - we could probably add 'flaccid' to that ; )

You can make references to my penis all you want. Really, I'm cool with alternative lifestyles. I mean, I don't walk on that side of the tracks, but it's your perogative.

Boom Boom
04-20-2006, 07:10 AM
firstly - thanks for the thorough reply.

it's my opinion, or course.
i assumed such was obvious - since i made the post, apologies.
i also believe that most true tool fans, one's not blinded by fanaticism, one's that still appreciate the intricacies, both the evidant and subtle wonders of their music, should be able to distinguish what is 'good' and what is 'not'. like some internal intuition. i think most should be able to determine that this release does not meet the grade that they can (and will) produce.

in my opinion, quotes like this only serve to back up the idea that there is more to come.

like i said before, i think most of the people that really appreciate good music - can appreciate good music.
i'm not talking about people having pre-conceptions as to what it Should sound like, and then having been dissapointed, but rather people who can evaluate what they are listening to and make an informed critique.

fair explanation.

i'm not quite sure what you're trying to say/how it relates to your statement that 'everyone is confused and doesn't know how to think'.

no, i think in this instance, you have to have heard the material to give you opinion on whether you believe it to be genuine or not.
if i had not heard it, i myself would believe that the idea of some type of 'hoax cd' is far fetched. however - after listening to the tracks, and understanding what a shambles/mess it all is, i am set in my belief. it's my voice of reason telling me, rather than going by probabilities (although - i believe it to be quite possible for a band to pull this off anyway)

not this mediocre. not this under developed.
again - you must hear it before giving your opinion on the hoax situation, you may just change your mind.

so do i, and to make them just as brilliant.
not necessarilly in the same style musically, not necessarilly in the same style lyrically, but this is Not It.

: )

When I said people are confused, I didn't provide extra arguments to verify my opinion, but I got that from reading a lot of posts on 10,000 days subforums. Especially when fans try to review 10,000 days. You can read almost anything: for example: 'New album is like recycled old stuff from Tool, is like Lateralus, is like Aenima, is like combination of Lateralus and Undertow, is like some new direction where they never been before, is like nu-metal stuff, they've progressed, they haven't progressed at all, is very experimental' - from reading posts like that I don't even by far get the impression of what 10,000 days is like, and form an opinion that people are confused, since from those posts 10,000 days is like anything.

But that whole hoax/real thing theory is rather interesting. I can't wait for the may 2nd or a little bit later to see what is true...
Peace.

kubrick
04-20-2006, 07:13 AM
We've been having the debate for a while now, and I haven't seem a poll yet, so if there is one, just disregard this thread.

Heres the prob with the poll. The answer is yes, it will be released on May 2nd. The problem is that so will the real one. This album is quite simply the B-sides or 2nd disc, or, as I like to say, a piece of shit. So you can't answer no either, because it will be released as this title with this music and these tracks....it just won't be the official Tool album on May 2nd. Mark my words.

dancingflame
04-20-2006, 07:14 AM
But the most striking thing is that there are so many tool fans who don't want to accept this album to be real, like it is not good enough to be a tool album, I think for the first time this is a joke played on the band by their fans, but a joke never meant to be. I mean you put your time, creativity and hard work into making an album you consider very good, and then when it leaks about 40% of the fans think it's so bad it must be a hoax, b-sides, recycled material, a big joke? The fans have slapped the band real hard actualy, since great deal of them obviously can't differentiate what are the good songs, and are there some weak songs coming from the band, like, what have you been listening too all these years? Do you even know good or bad music when you hear it? Is the band you are so big fans any good at all? I just hope the band doesn't take all of these too personal, because people are what they are - obviously very confused in general, and don't know what to think and how to think right.
I haven't heard the album yet, am waiting to hear it when it comes out, the band has put effort to make it and I think I will hear a good rock album, and a good jam. And this is all I'm hoping for from the band, good and sincere jam. Peace.

agree

dancingflame
04-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Heres the prob with the poll. The answer is yes, it will be released on May 2nd. The problem is that so will the real one. This album is quite simply the B-sides or 2nd disc, or, as I like to say, a piece of shit. So you can't answer no either, because it will be released as this title with this music and these tracks....it just won't be the official Tool album on May 2nd. Mark my words.

ah....
btw: the next album you are talking about comes if it comes after the tour and after they`ve recorded it...
and mark my words: you are wrong.

Vegama
04-20-2006, 07:55 AM
10,000 days is amazing. I will never be able to clean this song from my mind.