PDA

View Full Version : Vicarious takes on a bit more meaning

Florida_Mike
04-19-2006, 06:37 PM
In light of the rest of the album, and specifically Wings, Vicarious takes on a much more personal note. MJK dealt very personally with the suffering of his mother, while some people actually sit in front of their TVs in order to somehow gleam some of the feelings that he got full force first hand.

s62
04-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Good observation. I haven't heard the album, but have read enough about 10,000 days to follow.

Florida_Mike
04-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Upong futher consideration, he might not even be referring to his own suffering...seems a little self-centered. I'd wager it's more likely he's talking about his mother's own suffering

Rotating_Energy_Field
04-20-2006, 08:43 AM
I was watching the APC DVD the other night and during the commentary for "Judith" MJK talks about how strongly he felt about the people around his mother who praised her for being devoted to her religion and then bitched about her behind her back so perhaps this album is a continuation from that type of theme.

I agree with Florida_Mike on this one, I have never viewed MJK as being a self-centred lyricist and I don't think that the lyrical content of "10,000 Days" is self-centred at all.