04-19-2006, 04:35 PM
hahaahhaa. It sounds like Reznor.

reverend resistor
04-19-2006, 04:50 PM
hahaahhaa. It sounds like Reznor.

Hardly.

Lipan Conjured
04-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Yes it is Trent Reznor has a cameo on this album. In Lipan Conjuring. He contributes a scream. Puh-lease............................................. ................

84 pontiac dream
04-19-2006, 05:36 PM
at first i thought that it was a drunk danny carey with a shot gun ready to shoot someone

svet-am
04-19-2006, 06:13 PM
it COULD be trent. He's contributed less on Tori Amos and Pigface albums. However, I dont think it IS trent. The voice just doesn't have the resonance of trent's.

Chuck_Of_Wah
04-20-2006, 12:27 AM
at first i thought that it was a drunk danny carey with a shot gun ready to shoot someone

I thought it was JUSTIN!

The first visual I got was some native americans sittin' around a fire with the guys from TOOL, all chanting, eyes closed, concentrated, and all of a sudden our scruffy drunk Englishman (yes, with the beard) stumbles over a log and lets out a pathetic yell before falling face flat on the ground.

:D

rembrandt_q_einstein
04-20-2006, 01:42 AM
i think those dudes must have ate some peyote

DeadMoney
04-20-2006, 07:47 AM
the scream at 00:58....could it be?

Remember how Tool said that there was no other artists, or guests on this album?

kidgloves2
04-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Remember how Tool said that there was no other artists, or guests on this album?

They did say that. But I can't help but hear Josh Homme in there :) I'm not making a joke either.

weak&weary
04-20-2006, 10:23 AM
I thought it was JUSTIN!

The first visual I got was some native americans sittin' around a fire with the guys from TOOL, all chanting, eyes closed, concentrated, and all of a sudden our scruffy drunk Englishman (yes, with the beard) stumbles over a log and lets out a pathetic yell before falling face flat on the ground.

The first time I've ever truly laughed out loud on this site. Awesome.

grady
04-20-2006, 10:27 AM

I just came to this song's thread to propose that same question. i didn't notice who it might be (i just knew it wasn't Maynard) until last night when i was listening with headphones. I thought maybe I just wanted it to be Trent, but he does do a lot of work with them, and if you guys noticed it too, then I'm pretty sure it is.

Siel Yardman
04-20-2006, 10:56 AM
it's fucking blair drunk off some amber pints

Nate-dogg21
04-20-2006, 11:18 AM
I think its george bush

ID-entity
04-20-2006, 11:22 AM
I thought it was JUSTIN!

Great visual. Funny ass shit, man!

the usual
04-20-2006, 11:53 AM
True!

DDathcha
04-21-2006, 04:19 AM

Tool has never lied to me. How about you?

DeadMoney
04-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Tool has never lied to me. How about you?

Well what purpose would it serve to have a guest artist on a song, then deny it flatly... If there was a guest, say Trent Reznor, don't you think they might have mentioned it, possibly luring NIN fans?

Tino
04-21-2006, 01:20 PM
no artists or guests?
then where does this TIMMAAAAAH come from?

skwid
04-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Well what purpose would it serve to have a guest artist on a song, then deny it flatly... If there was a guest, say Trent Reznor, don't you think they might have mentioned it, possibly luring NIN fans?

NIN fans would be pretty pissed if they came to find that Trent's contribution was a little scream...Just think about Maynards part in "Know your Enemy", That's the kind of cameo that should be announced.

*see*you*auntie*
04-21-2006, 03:19 PM
I think it's Dan doing the chant and the infamous scream. I also don't think this song is a joke as in, "hey let's do this so the fans can have a laugh." I like it a lot. Flame away, I'm wearing WonderWoman asbestos underoos. ;P

oxman69
04-21-2006, 10:19 PM
It could be him. But if he is making a cameo on a TOOL album then it would be more than this. Trust me, Trent does not do things half arsed. Mind, neither does MJK.

girlwiththesuninherhead
04-22-2006, 03:06 AM
I think its george bush
hahaha, so amusing! I can't help but remember this everytime I listen to the song now!

rembrandt_q_einstein
04-22-2006, 06:29 AM
"hey you, mr skwidman. please don't touch me"
by god, i think you are right

04-22-2006, 06:41 AM
It could be him. But if he is making a cameo on a TOOL album then it would be more than this. Trust me, Trent does not do things half arsed. Mind, neither does MJK.

His contribution to Tori's "Past the Mission" was pretty minor, appearing only in the chorus and even then buried way down behind Tori.

Carbonatedgravy
04-22-2006, 06:47 AM

If this is a joke/goofing-off track, and I believe it is, Trent putting in a difficult-to-recognize totally minor performance is much funnier and much more likely. So while he may not make a minor contribution on a serious track, in this case I think the insignificance of the contribution makes it all the more likely.

seneca77
04-22-2006, 08:38 PM
i happen to be native american and found this track perfectly placed. this is not a joke track. racial insensitivity is not something that comes from tool folks.

Ertai
04-22-2006, 09:08 PM
well if no one other than the 4 guys were on the album... were did the native american tribe and the doctor/nurse come from?

holotrope
04-24-2006, 11:33 AM

LOL!!! I also thought it sounded just like him, but it's probably just the distortion on the vocal, which Trent has never shyed away from, which makes it sound like that. But rule out nothing!

holotrope
04-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Trust me, Trent does not do things half arsed.

Looks like someone didn't listen to With Teeth... lol.

champion
04-24-2006, 12:06 PM
A scream on an album is not a cameo, a cameo is a visual appearance.

It doesn't sound like Trent, and Tool announced that they were the only musicians involved in this album. Chances are, it's Danny.

paganman7
04-24-2006, 12:30 PM

Despite liking With Teeth, this made me laugh.

Frenchy
04-25-2006, 02:39 AM
Sorry guys, there is no way that this is Trent. Anyone recall that he he got pissed at Maynard and Billy over the live performance of Passive (then Vacant) and as a result scrapped the Tapeworm project? He seems to hold a grudge pretty well (see Manson). All that aside... it doesn't sound like him, as much as I wish it did.

teleincision
04-28-2006, 08:36 PM
I thought it was JUSTIN!

8)

NICE!!!

Godbluff
05-01-2006, 02:53 AM
Nah. We all know who does that kind of voice, and it's Tom Waits. Right off Bone Machine.

K In Yo Mouf
05-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Sorry guys, there is no way that this is Trent. Anyone recall that he he got pissed at Maynard and Billy over the live performance of Passive (then Vacant) and as a result scrapped the Tapeworm project? He seems to hold a grudge pretty well (see Manson). All that aside... it doesn't sound like him, as much as I wish it did.

I Actually Thought Him and Mason Made Up After Their Feud...

Can u Imagine How Good the Tapeworm Project Would Have Been...

DeathByPain
05-04-2006, 06:36 AM
Trent Reznor actually wrote and recorded The Grudge on Lateralus completely by himself, though it hasn't been made public until... right now.

Fit4Demolition
05-05-2006, 07:24 AM
I thought it was JUSTIN!

i could definatly see that, he would probably be wearing the same shirt as in the pool promo pic too. haha that made me laugh pretty good.

bellamadia
05-05-2006, 07:30 AM

The nurse is a "guest" unless they added a female to TOOL and we were all unaware, or one of the members had a sex change... or wait BETTER, maybe one of them was a girl all along! WOW, they really have played a BIG april fools joke THIS TIME!

pSYCHOtHErAPIST
05-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Trent Reznor

Sucks.

Sell-Out.

Fell-Off.

bellamadia
05-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Trent Reznor

Sucks.

Sell-Out.

Fell-Off.

Instead of just blurting out your opinion, back it up. Why do you think these things?

cynicis
05-05-2006, 08:43 AM
I know TOOL fans are typically conspiracy theorists and factoid nuts.... but you hear a scream and attribute it to Trent Reznor? That's ridiculous. Plus... so what if it is? I don't care if it was George Bush, it's a scream. The only thing to recognize about it is the artistic impression TOOL leaves by putting it in there, the screamer is entirely meaningless.

Plus... they credit someone else in the liner notes. So, unless you're a scumbag and didn't actually buy it, you should know this.

redshift.
05-05-2006, 09:06 AM
^Yeah...

Page six (hint: it is the page below Adam's picture) it will inform you that one Bill McConnell is responsible for those vocals.

Good fight! No rematch.

threethirtythree
05-05-2006, 09:42 AM
i am just happy trent let maynard put Passive on eMOTIVe, i was getting tired of the live version on my computer. will tapeworm ever surface? its probably about as likely as that live dvd. sad.

blair's man sausage
05-05-2006, 10:08 AM
The nurse is a "guest" unless they added a female to TOOL and we were all unaware, or one of the members had a sex change... or wait BETTER, maybe one of them was a girl all along! WOW, they really have played a BIG april fools joke THIS TIME!

what you haven't seen mjk's tits?

threethirtythree
05-05-2006, 11:29 AM
i saw them at the pepsi center and they are magnificent

bellamadia
05-05-2006, 12:00 PM
what you haven't seen mjk's tits?

LOL yes they are quite nice...in fact, I'd like to suck on them. Ma Ma?

tronk
05-05-2006, 02:32 PM

Trent works in quality, not quantity. And that was one of the most fantabulously perfect scream-moan i have ever encountered.

JOK3R
05-09-2006, 01:43 AM
not even close to trent

CopperGoat
05-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Sounds more like JIM MORRISON drunk on whiskey to me

IC
05-14-2006, 06:20 PM
no, i think thats mcconnell.

Inner_Eulogy
05-15-2006, 06:43 PM
I just came to this song's thread to propose that same question. i didn't notice who it might be (i just knew it wasn't Maynard) until last night when i was listening with headphones. I thought maybe I just wanted it to be Trent, but he does do a lot of work with them, and if you guys noticed it too, then I'm pretty sure it is.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Trent is not on good terms with Maynard. If you recall the Tapeworm project which was dropped by Trent because he was pissed that APC played a song from the project live during one of their shows.

Like...get a clue

CopperGoat
05-16-2006, 06:38 PM
I listened to it again, it's definitely Morrison.

Rooney eats it
05-16-2006, 07:28 PM
i hear a little Elvis in it. am i alone on this one?

Tom Morello
05-17-2006, 06:08 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about. Trent is not on good terms with Maynard. If you recall the Tapeworm project which was dropped by Trent because he was pissed that APC played a song from the project live during one of their shows.

Like...get a clue

Except for the fact that Trent called Maynard a dear friend and an excellent song writter, hoped to do a real collaboration with him in the future and thanked him in the With_Teeth credits, right?

http://nin.com/access/5_08_04/questions1.gif

Vulneris
05-20-2006, 07:59 PM
its not trent it couldn't be he is not mentioned in the production credits...read them and you will find out who does the vox on this song

teardrop.from.the.sun
05-20-2006, 09:02 PM
possibly it was me...though you would not see the forest for the trees...

Jizzlobber
05-21-2006, 06:22 AM
Despite liking With Teeth, this made me laugh.

With teeth was a poor album but had good songs. it just didnt feel like a nin album instead just songs put together on track.

as for the tapeworm project, i never thought it was maynard and trent. i thought it was trent and billy, the apc writter and that maynard was the singer.

another point is that ppl seem to forget that Tool write the music and that maynard does not. he is just a piece in a amazing and talented band. infact what i read was that he doesnt come into the studio or where ever they create their music, with the core riff, that he 'reacts' to the music that is presented than creates the music.

back on topic. being a trent fan an all, it certainly does sound like trent. just how he presents the end of his scream. also about the fellow that comment that trent holds grudges. last i knew that was true, with manson and courtney cox. Trent was the producer for some of manson work. listening to mansons last album it diffiantly felt that trent was missing there. btw, what a terrible album that was. dont even know the name of it. but i also heard that trent has changed his life, off drugs etc. hence the change and less aggression bar 'you know what you are' on the with teeth album. and that he might of gone on the 12 step program. and i dont know the steps but im pretty sure that forgiveness or amnesty is one of them.

anyway back to the topic. that does sound like trent. btw does anyone know who the australian doctor is in lost keys.

wow that was a quick post. and before i leave, i would like to say, if maynard was to work well with another artist, then 'devin townsend' will be great. infact devin and mike patton keep me company while tool and trent take so long to write albums.

Jizzlobber
05-21-2006, 06:29 AM
also i just remembered. manson and trent did make up. unless their fullout was after the fragile album which im sure that was not the case. manson stard in the 'starsuckers' clip. where manson played country cox. i beleive the song was about her and that trent wanted the song out there as much as possible to get back at her from her comment that she made on television host show. i believe the comment she made was on the size of trents dick.

by changing the song track title on the film clip to starsuckers it enabled that to happen. also i just tell myself that so i dont think trent sold out. makes me sleep better at night.

melshro
05-21-2006, 04:42 PM
I Actually Thought Him and Mason Made Up After Their Feud...

Can u Imagine How Good the Tapeworm Project Would Have Been...

first of all, i don't think that sounds anything like trent...at all.

reznor was pissed about a perfect cirlce playing the tapeworm song before "it's potential was fully realized." but the tapeworm project was not scrapped because of that. it was not officially cancelled until a couple years later due to much more complicated issues.

and reznor and manson did settle things. i have a video of manson joining nin on stage in a concert in the middle of starfuckers (the song supposedly about manson taking reznor for granted in launching his career...not about courtney cox) and then going into beautiful people...great video by the way.

Jizzlobber
05-21-2006, 06:52 PM
first of all, i don't think that sounds anything like trent...at all.

reznor was pissed about a perfect cirlce playing the tapeworm song before "it's potential was fully realized." but the tapeworm project was not scrapped because of that. it was not officially cancelled until a couple years later due to much more complicated issues.

and reznor and manson did settle things. i have a video of manson joining nin on stage in a concert in the middle of starfuckers (the song supposedly about manson taking reznor for granted in launching his career...not about courtney cox) and then going into beautiful people...great video by the way.

maybe that was true though my opinion still feels real. look how manson dresses up like. seems like he is dressed up as courntey cox. anyway the point is, is this Reznor. I still stand that he does sound like reznor but dont believe that it is. why would someone like reznor be in a song for 2 secs. and song that is a filler.

melshro
05-22-2006, 05:01 PM
just watched the video again to refresh my memory...
i'm not sure how you draw the conclusion manson is dressed as courtney cox just because he's dressed as a woman. he's not wearing a mask of her face or anything. then when he breaks the plates, the first one has manson's face on it. when he throws cd's in the toilet, none are clearly visible except the last two, which are manson's. and the first bust he breaks is reznor's. the title was changed from starfuckers to starsuckers for two reasons. so it could be aired on radio and tv, and because manson and reznor settled things in between teh time the song was produced and released. hence starfuckers on the cd and starsuckers on the video.

as for the voice, i don't think it sounds like reznor, nor do i think he would have taken the time to record that while he was touring last year.

Agenda
05-22-2006, 05:12 PM
No guests? Look in the liner notes, I think you will be surprised. You know it could be anyone from tool, or Bill or even Joe. But Bill is the only other person that is credited for lipan other then Tool which leads me to believe its one of those 5 men. It could be Maynard, listening to Tool or anything else he's done you can see he has different screams.

Tom Morello
05-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Trent did make up with Manson at a time during the Fragile era, but that was five years ago. They aren't on good terms anymore, just check out Trent's responses on the Access page of nin.com...

Opiate_Mass
05-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Trent Reznor

Sucks.

Sell-Out.

Fell-Off.

Fuck-Up

No-ob!

Opiate_Mass
05-23-2006, 04:40 PM
The first time I've ever truly laughed out loud on this site. Awesome.
Ditto and as for the scream it's some guy name Bill Mc*forget the name* but yeah, check in the LINEAR (not 'liner') notes. Not to mention it sounds NOTHING like reznor.

Matt8
05-23-2006, 05:07 PM
trent reznor sucks.

Max T.
05-24-2006, 07:01 PM
i think trent reznor is pretty sweet. but a scream on this? eehhhh....doubtful. The first few times I didn't really think much of it, but then afterwards I thought it was Justin or something....

the trent thing is kinda lame though

Bipf
05-26-2006, 12:25 AM

Sounds like a snippet of Jim Morrison

Jett
05-26-2006, 12:31 AM
sounds like Maynards voice layered many times to me.

StereoScopicLenses
05-26-2006, 12:39 AM
I saw some in studio pics when tool was recording this album on Adam JOne's myspace page. Josh Homme from QOTSA was there in a pic with Maynard. I have no idea why he was there. But when i listen to the scream at the end of this track. I always think it could be him. But i am probably dead wrong. Liner notes seem to contradict my assesments.

will see you auntie
05-26-2006, 04:25 AM

im pretty sure it was satan. or pat benetar.

Dteyn
05-26-2006, 10:30 PM
i hear a little Elvis in it. am i alone on this one?

Yes and no. I don't hear a little Elvis... I hear an old, fat Elvis.

In all seriousness, I think it's a pretty cool segue... especially the lyrics (http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=48656). ;)

Gnome_Chomsky
05-27-2006, 07:46 AM
I thought it sounded like Ozzy

chaos_one666
05-27-2006, 06:19 PM
my money's on pat benetar......or willem dafoe

black_rose
05-27-2006, 06:33 PM
I presumed it was Danny for some reason, don't know why it would just make sense.

æmoeba•°·.
06-03-2006, 07:50 PM
ha...-.-

Existence_exists
06-04-2006, 05:47 PM

Justin =Paz hmmm

PriceisRight
06-19-2006, 07:15 PM
I heard that Billy is actually Maynard and that it's actually Adam who sings for APC

that would explain maynard being hidden back so far...he's lip syncing.

AND ADAMS THE VOICE!!!!

white horse
06-20-2006, 01:58 AM
Except for the fact that Trent called Maynard a dear friend and an excellent song writter, hoped to do a real collaboration with him in the future and thanked him in the With_Teeth credits, right?

http://nin.com/access/5_08_04/questions1.gif

Ah, correct on both this and TR's "relationship" with Manson (Good riddance, I say, the guy is a dickhead)

damn, I haven't been a n00b in a long time.

oh and despite being a NIN fan I too got a LOL out of the WT crack.

myky
06-20-2006, 02:49 PM
if it was trent, it would have been mentioned... it hasnt. do you seriously think trent would cameo and not want some recognition for it.

Karmel Sutra
06-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Sounds more like JIM MORRISON drunk on whiskey to me

I think that it sounds like Morrison every time I hear it. He did something similar on one of their albums, can't remember which one though.

RobVos
06-26-2006, 04:30 PM
I think its george bush

On the jacket of my CD it clearly gives credit to HOWARD DEAN for the scream.

swampyfool
06-26-2006, 05:00 PM
<rimshot>

Artistic Sickness
06-29-2006, 11:38 PM
im pretty sure it was satan. or pat benetar.
It's satan. Drunk on Gin. Whilst having intercourse with Morrison.

Dark Globe
07-06-2006, 05:20 PM
its Bill McConnell

moneyisevil
07-06-2006, 05:23 PM
ur bill mcconnell

Dark Globe
07-07-2006, 09:48 PM
well.......... YOUR JR

allusion7.0
07-08-2006, 03:03 PM
don't be an asshole. I liked With Teeth a lot.

1350 Days
07-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Ya know, the more I listen to it, it does sound like Howard Dean.

It's most likely Carey though. Dunno why though.

smeefsmeef
07-08-2006, 09:05 PM
It's Paramahansa Yogananda

Aunt Acid
07-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Well who ever did it can't sing for shit, can't even hit a Goddamn A (or whatever note it is).

Radius
07-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Well who ever did it can't sing for shit, can't even hit a Goddamn A (or whatever note it is).

Whatever note that is?? Hehe....I hope you're joking.
This track seriously doesn't even begin to sound like TR for a second.
I thought at first Maybe it was maynard, but then realized quickly that it's some dude named Bill McConnell.....
With Teeth was 95% The Shit by the way. I loved the hell out of that album, DESPITE The Hand That Feeds' existence on it.....

wearethestories
07-17-2006, 07:52 AM
someone close this inane discussion.

nmayhew
07-28-2006, 11:02 AM

with teeth is an amazing album, you probably just like downward spiral and thats it, I bet you hate the fragile too?? if i'm wrong correct me

nmayhew
07-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Trent Reznor

Sucks.

Sell-Out.

Fell-Off.

and how did you come to this conclusion???? gee....last i heard Trent was pretty damn peticular about his work. this does not equal sell out.

lets investigate

sellout=avenged sevenfold (one circumstance, there are many more)

avenged sevenfold=guitar+boy band

trent reznor is not equivalent to: guitar+boy band

thus

trent reznor is not equivalent to: sellout

Inner_Eulogy
08-03-2006, 06:30 AM

Besides, I thought they weren't exactly on good terms due to APC playing that song off of the "supposed" Tapeworm prject that never went anywhere

RaG3aH0liC
08-03-2006, 07:06 AM
Besides, I thought they weren't exactly on good terms due to APC playing that song off of the "supposed" Tapeworm prject that never went anywhere
I would say NIN and APC are on decent terms. NIN's current touring outfit is comprised of two APC members. Josh Freese and Jeordie White. So if they are on bad terms, then why hire its band members?

Confuzzled
08-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Maybe it is Trent Renzor maybe it isnt. Dunno it did kinda sound like him...but if it was he probably would have been mentioned. It might be him ...or it might not. Ill guess we'll never know....
One of life's great mystreries. Ya know.

without judgement
08-06-2006, 06:35 AM
i dont think it is at all

DON IOTAE
08-06-2006, 06:50 AM
fo sho

noisetherapy
08-29-2006, 03:02 PM
I'll bet its in the newsletters... Go look in there, and look into this even further. Once you figure this out, it'll unlock all the mysteries of 10,000 days.

StereoScopicLenses
08-30-2006, 08:19 AM
JOSH HOMME

Mooseifer
08-30-2006, 10:19 AM
If it was trent on the track, it would say on the album cover.

DON IOTAE
08-30-2006, 03:41 PM
bump

DON IOTAE
09-02-2006, 12:08 PM
trent reznor actually posted here saying that, in fact, it is him.

wearethestories
09-02-2006, 07:17 PM
someone close this damn thread

DON IOTAE
09-03-2006, 10:19 AM
BUMP

DON IOTAE
09-04-2006, 07:40 AM
I AM TR

Phalanges
09-05-2006, 01:39 PM
I thought it was JUSTIN!

Word! That's exactly what I envisioned. I could see Maynard and Adam and Danny all focused and entranced, and Justin stumbling around beligerently, tripping, letting out that scream, and breaking everyone's concentration.

Phalanges
09-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Now I'm pretty sure the screamer is either a ham sandwich, an incorrectly proportioned baby, or an enormous tadpole.

jennifer_garner
09-05-2006, 04:09 PM
I think its satan

donjuanpedro
09-07-2006, 08:28 PM
have we read the linear notes?

DON IOTAE
09-08-2006, 06:00 AM
no, why?

donjuanpedro
09-09-2006, 09:14 AM
it says who sang lipan conjuring: Bill McConnell

eternalnuisance.com
09-22-2006, 06:34 AM
No, I don't think it is. It just doesn't sound like Reznor. Sorry

preciousbookwhore
09-22-2006, 07:24 AM
I have to agree, does not sound like Reznor at all.
At least not the present one.
His voice is too, hmmm, high pitched.

preciousbookwhore
09-22-2006, 07:30 AM
Some one lock this fucking thread finally.

Awwww, but then where would all the crazy Reznor/Maynard fans talk about them together?

EulogyCallinMe
09-22-2006, 01:03 PM
you're a bad person

ahaha i have no idea why thats so funny but it is!

DON IOTAE
09-22-2006, 01:25 PM
its trent, k?

eternalnuisance.com
09-23-2006, 08:29 AM
No it's not. Kthnx

Carny_Handles
11-06-2006, 02:58 PM

which proves this album is the fake

duncang
11-07-2006, 01:41 PM
It absolutely reeks of Reznor.

ashdelecour
02-21-2007, 11:00 AM
where manson played country cox.

He wasn't dressed as Courtney Cox. It was Courtney Love from Hole. Kurt Cobains widowed wife.

And as said before if you look at the liner notes you will that it says Bill McConnell does the Vocals.

wearethestories
02-21-2007, 11:58 AM
again... what's with all the NIN posts on the TOOL forum?

can we please close this ridiculous thread?

champion
02-22-2007, 11:54 AM
I really hope not.

DON IOTAE
02-26-2007, 08:31 PM
fo sho, it is.

jevons
02-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Trent Reznor can't make those sounds as yet. Until Witha Teetha, he couldn't even sing, not that it mattered.
On the dream thing, a few days, or weeks ago, i dreamt Maynard was scooting around in a street, he saw me, and told me to buy a stereo.
I think i woke up.

The voice is far too Native to be Reznor.

jevons
03-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Jackass.

The Native North Americans, like the our gentle cousins the Bonobo found deep in the Congo, were a happy people: little tribes of environmentalists, crude chemists with deep family ties who occasionally got together to develop intertribe relations or knock the shit out of each other.
Again, like the Bonobo, these people were versed in the pleasurable arts: smoking, knitting, ass fucking.
Then pirates came; big, horny, Pirates.
This concludes part I of Jack's primetime special: fucking jackasses. Episode II, leafnaspleaf's a fucking jackass; same bat-time, same bat-channel.
Go swallow sharp things.

a-groan-of-tedium
03-01-2007, 06:58 PM
yeah, it's Reznor. Since they are on good terms, Maynard should catch another Tapeworm.

DON IOTAE
03-01-2007, 11:19 PM
yay Tapeworm.

jevons
03-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Say it again, you racist motherfucker. Blackfoot Indian, Irish, right here. Fucking say something. Oh, wait... I hear it: ''this is stupid... i can't wrap my head around the staggering possibility that a lifetime spent chasing Nothing around in circles in my appartment, terrified to be loved or accept past torment has left me vacant, numb, longing for attention with only two tools with which to accquire it- my shrivelled penis and a dusty, antiquated sarcasm."

I had a dream last night, a dream where an enemy declared himself to me. I said, ''shit, that's never happened before."
Tonight i hope i dream of the little monkey on your back. I hope i see hime dance, chase shiny objects. I hope i can stifle my laughter long enough to say ''good monkey, keep up the good work, go for his thumbs. His thumbs.''

You are a waste of what is left of clean water. And, as i have said earlier, keep your diseptic fucking liver of a brain away from clean paper and the space of others.

GET THE FUCK OUT

jevons
03-02-2007, 11:54 AM
yay tapeworm

DON IOTAE
03-02-2007, 04:29 PM
yay!

jevons
03-02-2007, 04:46 PM
hahahahaha, oooh i haven't laughed like that since i was a little girl, thank you. Amazing what an exclamation point can do.

a-groan-of-tedium
03-02-2007, 04:51 PM
yay Tapeworm.

lol, ok. I've always wanted to see Mayanrd in an industrial band, but Puscifer has some industrial influence, i guess.

DON IOTAE
03-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Puscifer = shit. imo.

PS: you're welcome, jevons.

jevons
03-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Puscifier is intentionally shit, i thought.
Fuck, first that dumb ís tool rockstar now' thread tells me about maynard's groupies, now this.
Walls are crumbling.
so cold

jevons
03-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Intentionally shit like Green Jello? Run Ronnie Run, come on, they're not serious? Building up the walls.

RonnieDobbsRonnieDobbs!!!!

jevons
03-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Based on what? Childish oneliners? You. Or racist sidebars? You.
Bitter?
Yes.
Drunk?
Possibly.
Fucking sick and tired?
You got it, cupkake.
I expected, wait, there it is: I expected.
Fuck yo'self.

jevons
03-03-2007, 10:24 AM
And don't get on any high horse, either. All i've seen you do in my pithy little fourteen days here is step into the circle, squirt a drop of piss, usually on your own shoe, and dissappear chuckling into the night. You aren't in any position to act bipedal, let alone get up on that horse.
Why bother?

a-groan-of-tedium
03-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Puscifer = shit. imo.

PS: you're welcome, jevons.

I've always liked Puscifer, i try to give anything Tool related a chance.

jevons
03-03-2007, 01:32 PM
But, if Maynard got on stage next time you saw them, and he said ''um, i don't know how many of you are familiar wit hthe work of My Chemical Romance, but here they are, with special guest lead vocalist, myself and dog doo on a stick.''
I gave ém a chance, they made me laugh. RONNIEDOBBSRONNIEDOBBS!

a-groan-of-tedium
03-04-2007, 02:16 PM
But, if Maynard got on stage next time you saw them, and he said ''um, i don't know how many of you are familiar wit hthe work of My Chemical Romance, but here they are, with special guest lead vocalist, myself and dog doo on a stick.''
I gave ém a chance, they made me laugh. RONNIEDOBBSRONNIEDOBBS!

My Chem + Maynard = Shit, but i can stand eating shit sometimes. lol

DON IOTAE
03-04-2007, 02:23 PM
shit = shit.

dispute that!

jevons
03-04-2007, 02:50 PM
ahahaaaaaaaaaaaagh.

But seriously, BLack Parade 4 Life.

Awhen i was,
a young boy
my father
took me into the city,
to see a marching band.

Deep shit, ya? I think it's aboot the end of the world, but my grandmother says it's Quabbalistic, and worse off, my brother says that if you play it backwards, it sounds better.

a-groan-of-tedium
03-05-2007, 08:07 PM
ahahaaaaaaaaaaaagh.

But seriously, BLack Parade 4 Life.

Awhen i was,
a young boy
my father
took me into the city,
to see a marching band.

Deep shit, ya? I think it's aboot the end of the world, but my grandmother says it's Quabbalistic, and worse off, my brother says that if you play it backwards, it sounds better.

Awhen i was,
a young boy
my father
pulled down my pants and touched me,
and started to stroke with his hand.

That was the original lyrics, but Gerard cut himself and cried. The bandmates helped him through it and rewrote the song.

jevons
03-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Baaaaahhahahahy- fucking ha-yo. Now that's dark comedy.

Melodramatic pussywillows, little fluffy balls better suited atop a stick in the middle of nowhere, if you ask me.

read the next lines to the tune of Gwen Stefani's ''Bannanas."

And all the little kids in their tight rocker pants say "hey, we're cool, none of this has ev-a been a done before..."

Opiate_Mass
03-07-2007, 12:31 PM
It absolutely reeks of Reznor.

you are an idiot -.-

DON IOTAE
03-07-2007, 05:16 PM
*covers nose*

jevons
03-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I was behind you in line, and that wasn't Trent Reznor, that was Jonny Fever. Get your eyes checked.

DON IOTAE
03-08-2007, 07:54 PM
I just saw Trent Reznor at the grocery store and he says it's him.

l-o-l

jevons
03-09-2007, 05:28 AM
I like the pace of this thread right now, it's more my pace. i like life to be slow-paced, it makes sure i have a chance to see everything. I wonder what life will be like tomorrow? I hope slow.

SuperSteve
03-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Reznor, ***.

jevons
03-22-2007, 01:04 PM
What does Reznor, *** mean? Ass? Cat? Boo? Just what's behind those asteriskiskses?

Esurient4Truth
03-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Probably ass. *** usually means censorship. The only three letter word I can think of that would be appropriately censored is ass.

jevons
03-22-2007, 01:19 PM
******, i can think of that one. ****. there''s another. Hmmmmm.

So as long as i don't say ******.

REQUIEMnJADED4U
06-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Reznor?! PUH-leeeze......

insectpinsNR
06-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Who is trent reznor???. and i think that yell sounds out of place and it is interupting to that all and all well

Ghostwriter
07-02-2007, 02:04 PM

It's the lead singer of Maroon 5.... DUH

Esurient4Truth
07-05-2007, 06:21 PM
TRENT REZNOR AND JAMES MAYNARD KEENAN SHOULDN'T BE USED IN THE SAME SENTANCE. QUIT MAKING THREADS ABOUT MAYNARD AND REZNOR.

That's why they made EchoingTheSound forums okay? (no offense Toolnavy! This is ABOUT TOOL, NOT NINE INCH NAILS. TAKE REZNOR CONVERSATIONS ELSEWHERE PLEASE). Reznor and Maynard are completely two different artists, despite (maybe) similar agenda's.

Just to tingle your bells guys, google Maynard talking about an album release in 08. Probably will never happen, but you never know.

Ghostwriter
07-10-2007, 05:04 AM
TRENT REZNOR AND JAMES MAYNARD KEENAN SHOULDN'T BE USED IN THE SAME SENTANCE. QUIT MAKING THREADS ABOUT MAYNARD AND REZNOR.

I know dude... Nine Inch Nails was inspired by Tool, NOT the other way around.

5th Eye
07-22-2007, 01:39 PM
What does Reznor, *** mean? Ass? Cat? Boo? Just what's behind those asteriskiskses?

i m o.

no one knows why it is censored

5th Eye
07-22-2007, 01:42 PM
that's ***

nocatharsis
07-22-2007, 06:27 PM
i'm a huge NIN fan and i don't think it's trent. after reading this thread i listened to the song over and over and i just can't hear it. i always thought the distorted part was maynard, how it leads into Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned where he has distortion in his voice there.

๖ۣۜThe Stove๖ۣۜ
01-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Unless TOOL told me otherwise, nobody would be able to change my mind from thinking it's Danny Carey.

Listen to him in interviews. To me it sounds EXACTLY like him letting out an intense yell. I can picture his face making the expression while he sings it and everything!!! hah.

DON IOTAE
01-05-2008, 05:05 PM
ah the jevons days...

Ravenpig
03-20-2008, 07:28 PM
I know dude... Nine Inch Nails was inspired by Tool, NOT the other way around.

How exactly was NIN inspired by a band that formed at least a couple years after them/him?

And the scream sounds nothing like Trent.

If it sounds like anybody it's Jim Morrison. Not saying it's him, but it does sound like him.

Jean Baptiste Spears
03-28-2008, 06:53 AM
A long time ago, in a galaxy full of special, special people...

some prat got the idea that Trent Reznor could actually sing.

that's how this all happened... 2 years and counting...

tool25
05-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Personally, I think its J. Loren Wince, cuz hes a badass.

ufopancakes
06-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Not at all. Just responding to threats of violence with the assurance of a beatdown. :D

I think you guys should take a few minutes to whack it before posting on here. Release some of that sexual tension that calls for irrelevant testosterone boasts on these forums. Its for the best.

ufopancakes
06-11-2008, 12:48 AM
I have anger problems... I used to solve them by picking up a guitar. Now I have carpal tunnel. Life is a bitch. lol

ufopancakes
06-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Besides... a Lipan Conjuring thread is no place for anger. :)

ufopancakes
06-11-2008, 03:33 PM
I suggest you eat a healthy dose of mushrooms and give it a chance.

SAGET
06-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Rivek, two things:

1) probe lol
2) Do you stick only to album section now?

Vein
09-27-2008, 02:52 PM
I believe that it is in fact trent rez.