PDA

View Full Version : Possibley the worst TOOL song ever?

Pages : 1 [2]

nmayhew
06-13-2006, 03:17 PM
In my mind, you cannot just say, "this is the worst tool song ever", you may not like it, but that may be temporary. I love the song, give it a chance, listen to what lyrics are "understandable", and listen to the whole song, if nothing else, appriciate the amazing structure of Rosetta Stoned....

nmayhew
06-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Hmm this comment struck me funny when I read it. I've listened to the song ALOT cause it's been on for me since it came out... I've enjoyed the song thus far. But when I think about it I must admit, I'd bet they could've done something much better with that 11:11. I think they gave up on originality at this point of the record cause the rest of the album goes downhill from here. Tracks 9 and 10 sound like stuff that should be on an A Perfect Circle album... It's like they just finished it up quick to get it out as soon as possible.

It will take awhile to get over this but I still say Tool is my favorite band of all time. There work is legendary.

No offense, I don't believe they have ever "finished an album up quick", that is against thier way of art. Thats why tool is tool......they write music for a long period of time, then go into the studio with 95% of the record complete. If they ever did their work in the way you suggest, then that would break my heart....its not thier way.

nmayhew
06-13-2006, 03:27 PM
that is an opinion and in NO WAY a fact!!!!

aggreed

carefreeonmorph
06-14-2006, 10:28 AM
No offense, I don't believe they have ever "finished an album up quick", that is against thier way of art. Thats why tool is tool......they write music for a long period of time, then go into the studio with 95% of the record complete. If they ever did their work in the way you suggest, then that would break my heart....its not thier way.

Yea well thats where I'm coming from "then that would break my heart" I listened to tracks 9 and 10 (Not good with song names sorry.) thinking, "Am I listening to APC or Tool? Which could lead to a new thread i'm thinking about posting... APC vs Tool

tbrent21
06-14-2006, 10:39 AM
this is currently my all time favorite song, tool or not. i think it's a fucking masterpiece of musical genious, lyrical superiority, and storytelling ability, all wrapped into one.

Second the motion.

Instant classic, as someone said.

paraflux
06-14-2006, 10:40 AM
I dont know how this thread made it so far.

If you like the song, fine. If you dont like the song, fine. Either way, dont post a thread about it. Mods will delete threads like these.
-kabir