PDA

View Full Version : Epic masterpiece

Vegama
04-19-2006, 01:57 PM
The biblical refrences on this album are great. Like the bible itself, if you're reading it for simply amusing yourself and not to make a cult of jack-asses, this album is epic.

dracomordag
04-19-2006, 02:20 PM
this album is full of christian references... i think that april fools joke last year was only half-hearted. not that maynard became christian, but that he really though over everything and made the decision (as Adam brings up in the GW article) that who the fuck cares how each individual person finds their salvation? it's their life. their decisions.

eonphi
04-19-2006, 02:47 PM
all the religious references in wings1/2 are connected to maynard's mother's faith...i don't think it's got anything to do with maynard's beliefs

spiralout11235
04-19-2006, 03:35 PM
I agree with eonphi. Maynard still seems pretty bitter towards the Christianity of today, he seems angry at what they've done to his mother. I got the feeling that he saw them as stealing away his mother's life, I see some definite sarcasm/mocking of christian beliefs in the lyrics.

dracomordag
04-19-2006, 03:49 PM
reread my post and figure out what i was saying again

grasmaaier
04-19-2006, 03:54 PM
this has got to be the best song I heard in 5 years time. Maynard's voice is so emotional, this song is really very intense

hbynoe
04-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Who the fuck are "they" and "them"?
Judith's faith was her own, not the brainwashing of some Mormonistic cult. She was a devout Christian, not a robot.
Quit making it sound like she was brainwashed. She thought for herself.
Just because most of you in here laugh at faith in the unknown doesn't mean that Tool necessarily does to.
I find them to be VERY in tune with the spiritual side of life.
Think for yourself. Quit ignoring your SELF just to appease the ignorance so rampant in here.
i agree with you here
spirituality and relgion and beliefs aren't dangerous for some people
:) beautifully put