PDA

View Full Version : Theory

mjr
04-19-2006, 01:48 PM
This song (from what lyrics have been extracted) is about Maynard satirizing the powerful position which some Tool fans put him in to influence their lives. Forgetting the pen and shit is like ahh fuck it I'm gonna stop being all "chosen" and I'm just gonna sing about what I want. (his mother, politics, television)

Vegama
04-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Why can't it just be about an amazing acid trip?

mike09
04-19-2006, 01:54 PM

lol ya srsly

renob
04-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Seems to me like it may just be about an acid trip. also feels like a tribute to Hunter S.Thompson to me. but that's just me.

xpandnz
04-19-2006, 02:38 PM
go read the Newsletter that talks about Rosetta Stoned

dracomordag
04-19-2006, 02:42 PM
i read into it some criticizm of christianity (jesus was "the chosen one" but didn't actually write any of the scriptures (forgot a pen))

i doubt this is what they were thinking, but it's an interesting way of looking at it

spiralout11235
04-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Thats an interesting thought. It could be a subtle allusion, but I kind of doubt it. I like that approach though.

ArizonaBay
04-19-2006, 05:03 PM
This song (from what lyrics have been extracted) is about Maynard satirizing the powerful position which some Tool fans put him in to influence their lives. Forgetting the pen and shit is like ahh fuck it I'm gonna stop being all "chosen" and I'm just gonna sing about what I want. (his mother, politics, television)

Agree completely, thats why theres so many stolen riffs in this song, its a complete pisstake. It also happens to sound great which gives it that extra umph.

badshirt
04-19-2006, 05:08 PM

I heard somebody say that this album doesn't leave room for interpretation but I'm with you on this. I think all of the songs are so open to interpretation - Rosetta Stoned I thought (alien abduction too obvious but it could be) on first listen - dude on serious trip shows up in hospital.

ArizonaBay
04-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Im going to ake back my idea and just say this about a bad trip, again thats why they use the third eye riff (was about a good one) but with messed up lyrics and vocals.