PDA

View Full Version : Put the pieces together...

Alveolate
04-19-2006, 09:47 AM
first of, i would like to apologize for the posting this if it's already been posted. but i think i'm on to something. stick with me.

Sept. 2005, Blaire writes:
"Now where was I?.. Oh yeah, TOOL!.. I'm not going to reveal my source, Mister Patience, but do you want to know the kind of things that have been going on while this record was being recorded? Okay, first there was the decoy record just to confound all those would-be bootleggers out there. This took, oh, about a year, just because the band members wanted it to sound pretty close to the real thing (so as to be believable), along with equally believable art design."
So since 2005, we should believe that there were 2 albums (or just more than one). One being the real deal, one being a 'decoy'.

Now, since i think the end of 2005/early 2006, there was talk about a DOUBLE DISC for the new TOOL album. Then, all hope of that was shattered when Blaire announced the Title of the album (10,000 Days) and the track listings in March. Now, seeing as though TOOL (minus MJK) have been working on this album since around 2003, it comes across as odd to me that for 3 years, they can only write 11 songs (3 of which aren't full songs). Doesn't that strike you as odd?

Then, I think in late March/early April someone stumbled across this:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=8-6/qid=1145467953/ref=sr_8_6/601-9861676-4308934?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000EPFPVU

10,000 YEARS? Not Days, but Years? Hmmm.... $26.49 seems a bit pricey, too. So what's the deal?
Now that the 'album' has leaked, many people say that what has leaked is the Decoy. Does anyone really know how it leaked? Is it at all possible that this COULD be the Decoy and TOOL is ALLOWING this to leak all over the net? Is it possible the real deal is under close wraps within the record company and they are going to great lengths to keep it sealed? Perhaps putting it under a different file name in their FTP so it doesn't leak out? Could it be possible that what you all have on your computers (and CD-Rs for some) is what WILL be released on May 2nd, and, according to Target, on May 16th, the OTHER HALF will be released entitled 10,000 Years? Could it be that $26.49 is the price of a DOUBLE DISC?!

maybe TOOL's keeping up with the past.... being TOOL. What we KNOW FOR A FACT: Vicarious is the single. It IS being played on radio stations nation-wide LEGALLY. There is no way to find out what the fuck is going on until May 2nd and/or May 16th. And with that, lunch time.

Bogart
04-19-2006, 09:58 AM
10,000 Years is the oversees promo, so that was just a mistake on Targets part. 10,000 Days is the real deal, its an amazing album.

stattica
04-19-2006, 09:58 AM
there is no decoy record

Perseensilmä
04-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Sometimes people seem to amaze me.

toocooltool
04-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Sometimes people seem to amaze me.

You want me to pull my pants up now? or..

Alveolate
04-19-2006, 10:03 AM
so should we close this now or later?

Perseensilmä
04-19-2006, 10:05 AM
I don´t know, but remember what the response was from leaking of Vicarious to like monday when I kept on going on about certain issues?

"You are a freaking idiot!"

"Shut up!"

"Vicarious is great, shut up!"

I think some people have been owned.

Alveolate
04-19-2006, 10:07 AM
........true.

Sine Nobilitas
04-19-2006, 10:11 AM
this doesnt make sense though.

If they were going to have a second cd it would only work if no one knew about it.

Otherwise it will leak just like this one when it is sent to record stores.

Alveolate
04-19-2006, 10:13 AM
this doesnt make sense though.

If they were going to have a second cd it would only work if no one knew about it.

Otherwise it will leak just like this one when it is sent to record stores.

it was my mistake. i thought the target import of 10,000 Years COULD have been a double disc. it turns out its just a mistake. my theory has been abolished.

lunch was good though.