PDA

View Full Version : Euphoric feeling

osiris
11-22-2002, 04:20 PM
I was wondering if any other people have experienced a euphoric feeling while listening to this song on about 3 or 4 occasions. I believe to have accidentally meditated or something because everytime it has happened I had some incense lit adn was watching the smoke drift about the room. I was not on any drugs! So it led me to believe that this euphoric feeling can be brought on by music...and drugs are completely unneccessary. It was an incredibly amazing experience, I literally couldn't stop smiling!

nate
11-22-2002, 04:29 PM
I have never ehard of anything like it before. Was it like an orgasm or like you were high...or both?

osiris
11-22-2002, 04:45 PM
It was very similiar to being high. But....not(?). I can't really describe it. i was really depressed and then the sorrow lifted. I felt perfection all around me. It was simply euphoric.

osiris
11-22-2002, 04:52 PM
It was very similiar to being high. But....not(?). I can't really describe it. i was really depressed and then the sorrow lifted. I felt perfection all around me. It was simply euphoric.

nate
11-22-2002, 05:27 PM
Interesting. Are you sure it was from the music? Like...could it have been the fumes of gas or something?

osiris
11-22-2002, 05:39 PM
Positive it wasn't. Because it can happen with other songs I listen to, (yes, in different houses) almost anywhere quiet and relaxed. btw...is there a way to reply without the quote? I have to keep deleting the quote everytime I reply...

nate
11-22-2002, 06:12 PM
If you hit the 'post followup' button it doesn't make you quote.

fear + loathing
11-24-2002, 07:21 PM
that same thing has happened to me with different songs. Its not so much a high feeling though. For H. it is but when i listen to pushit i can't help going into a dreamy state then at the cretiendo (spelling?) it is very lifting and all my hairs stand on end. I love it. I've also got that feeling from red hot chili peppers. It might be that pushit is more of a harmony type song then there indian like rythm sounding stuff with lots of drums. Not that i don't like that aswell.

fear + loathing
11-24-2002, 07:23 PM
just realized i was concentrating on pushit rather than H. but i thought it fit the discussion well.

osiris
11-26-2002, 12:37 PM
Your post fit the discussion perfectly. H. isn't the only song that does it to me either, I just have had the best experiences with it. There are bits and pieces that hit me from other songs that have a huge impact on me ("How can this mean anything to me..." from Stinkfist, etc.) btw That raised hair thing happens to me too.

osiris
12-05-2002, 12:38 PM
I don't wanna start a new thread, there seems to be too many anyways. I never tried to interpret this song it always made sense to me. I never thought about it... but I think I finally found words to describe some of it....the reflection i mention over and over depends on your interpretation of the word, I see it as someone close to yourself/MJK...

What's holding up is a mirror (reflection)
What's singing songs is a snake (Maynard, he IS singing)
Looking to turn this piss to wine (Looking to change bad to good)

They are both totally void of hate (snake(MJK) and reflection)
But killing me just the same (He and the reflection are the same, not filled w/ hate)

The snake behind me hisses (turns back to mirror/the reflection)
What my damage could have been. (pain coulda been worse??)
My blood before me begs me (sees the results of pain)
Open up my heart again. (literally-blood wants back in, for pain to be no more)

And I feel this coming over like a storm again.(similiar to depression coming back after brief happiness)
Considerately.
Venomous voice, tempts me, (tempts his self)
Drains me, bleeds me, (hurts his self)
Leaves me cracked and empty.
Drags me down like some sweet gravity. (reflection drags him down/self causes pain)

The snake behind me hisses
What my damage could have been. (same as before)
My blood before me begs me
Open up my heart again.

And I feel this coming over like a storm again. (same as before)

I am too connected to you to (due to being the exact same)
Slip away, to fade away. (can't leave behind)
Days away I still feel you (literal)
Touching me, changing me, (reflection can have such an impact on self both + and -)
And considerately killing me. (such an impact that they can even emotionally kill ya)

Without the skin, (the skin protects the body, like walls)
Beneath the storm, (reflection crying a flood)
Under these tears (The storm, rain=tears)
The walls came down. (Defence down, let reflection in)

And the snake is drowned and (Reflection is defeated/ drowned=with tears)
As I look in his eyes, (tears in eyes)
My fear begins to fade (MJK realizes that once the reflection is defeated so is self)
Recalling all of those times. (remembering what once was)

I could have cried then. (Regrets that didn't cry his self at that time)
I should have cried then. (")

And as the walls come down and (Walls as in defence, letting another in)
As I look in your eyes (as before...also knowing the other feels same inside)
My fear begins to fade (It may be alright? same as above)
Recalling all of the times (Memories suck...)
I have died (It's all too much to be hurt by reflection)
and will die.
It's all right. (like when a loved one destroys somthing,
I don't mind. what do you say?It's alright...I don't mind,
even if you do mind (something can = emotion or physical)

I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away. (same as above)
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me,

And considerately killing me. (same.)

Poorly done, I know...but I'm very tired. Tell me what you think. Some of it is out of order or needs explaining but it is one of those familiar feelings/situations everyone has had. I can explain better with feedback.