PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 Days is to Tool as Stairway to Heaven is to Zeppelin.

panocha21
04-19-2006, 08:10 AM
And I don't even like Led Zeppelin. But the way people spoke of the song, I figured it must have been very inspiring for them. I always felt a bit cheated that a song never really made me feel that way. But alas, Tool has done it. Thank you. I now have my stairway to heaven.

"It's my time now! My time now!"

auralassassin
04-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Yes. This whole Album is their opus... it's their Brick In The Wall...

It's Tool's 10,000 DAYS.

This is a real work of art.

guitarpete987
04-19-2006, 08:14 AM
"You are the light and the wave, they've only read about
i only pray, god only knows when to lift you out?
10000 days in the fire is long enough, your going home.

Your the only one who can hold your head up high,
shake your fist at the gates saying,
'i have come home now,
fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father
tell them their pillar of faith has ascended. its time now, my time now,
give me my, give me my, wings' "

Wow.... just... wow. Their opus indeed. And the music to match it... Only this band. Only this band.

SigSegV
04-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Im glad theres still people here who weren't expecting a radio cut dry album. I mean, thats an overstatement, but so many people just want radio hits from Tool.

We just need to enjoy, I've done so for the past five year with Lateralus, and will continues with 10,000 Days

auralassassin
04-19-2006, 09:09 AM
I think it says a lot that the worst song on this album could STILL be song of the year--grammy award winning in like 3-5 categories...

I mean fuck... we haven't even seen the music video for Vicarious, yet... I don't think that anyone has any clue how fucking huge this is just yet... this is The Beatles at Shea Stadium big... this is Elvis on Carson...

we're talking about a defining moment in music. Tool won't be the only thing compared to this album in 5 years... EVERYTHING will be.

adda da suh
04-19-2006, 10:08 AM
The middle part, jam out is very Pink Floyd-esque "One of these Days"

toocooltool
04-19-2006, 10:14 AM
I think it says a lot that the worst song on this album could STILL be song of the year--grammy award winning in like 3-5 categories...

I mean fuck... we haven't even seen the music video for Vicarious, yet... I don't think that anyone has any clue how fucking huge this is just yet... this is The Beatles at Shea Stadium big... this is Elvis on Carson...

we're talking about a defining moment in music. Tool won't be the only thing compared to this album in 5 years... EVERYTHING will be.

Would be cool.. but will it happen?

[no]

HolyReality
04-19-2006, 10:21 AM
And I don't even like Led Zeppelin. But the way people spoke of the song, I figured it must have been very inspiring for them. I always felt a bit cheated that a song never really made me feel that way. But alas, Tool has done it. Thank you. I now have my stairway to heaven.

great song, and I agree with the similarities, not only in the epic quality but in the structure of the song itself...the very somber, minimal opening, followed by the next section with the drums, then it gets faster, then the REALLY short epic part and a slow fade back to minimal vocals....just like stairway....adam also mentioned some shit about stairway in the GW interview...just some food for thought...

hbynoe
04-19-2006, 01:25 PM
give me my give me my wings...fucking......i dont have words again

Vegama
04-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Just wait until the next album comes out, and it's even better.

liquidswordz
04-19-2006, 02:19 PM
The middle part, jam out is very Pink Floyd-esque "One of these Days"

thats exactly what i thought

dracomordag
04-19-2006, 02:22 PM
it blows my mind realizing that some people will hear this album and not fall in love with it. i mean, i realize that it's all taste... but seriously. this song, especially, is just so fucking good.

drape
04-19-2006, 02:22 PM
this thread is retarded, i am really gonna laugh hard if this cd is a decoy or fake or whatever the hell some people are saying it is

magnolia
04-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Tool - The Shape of Metal to Come

Howard
04-19-2006, 03:10 PM
this thread is retarded, i am really gonna laugh hard if this cd is a decoy or fake or whatever the hell some people are saying it is

Actually, I laugh at such dumbass comments like yours, honey ;)

disaxiom
04-19-2006, 03:27 PM
i really do think this is tool's "wall" its just unbelievable, they've taken it in a new direction that i think may appeal to a ton more fans when it's all said and done

dracomordag
04-19-2006, 03:51 PM
this thread is retarded, i am really gonna laugh hard if this cd is a decoy or fake or whatever the hell some people are saying it isTHIS SONG IS FUCKING PHENOMENAL

easily one of the best tool songs ever written. I don't even know what to say. whether this album turns out to be real, a hoax, b-sides... i don't care. this song pwns ALL..

buster hymen
04-19-2006, 04:02 PM

Yeah that line is my favorite spot as well. Gives you chills down your spine. and the songs seems to roll on from there.

MentalSanityOff
04-19-2006, 04:20 PM
The song has quite a few tasty parts, but im just not getting as much out of it as everybody else is

Synergy
04-19-2006, 05:08 PM
The song has quite a few tasty parts, but im just not getting as much out of it as everybody else is

I agree, i perfer songs that have standout vocals.

drape
04-19-2006, 05:23 PM
i didnt say that i think its fake, i was just trying to get the point across that people are acting as if it the greatest song ever created and the cd isnt even officially out yet. i think its an ok song but tool def has better

Scrunzset
04-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Even better.... this is the Stairway (Zeppelin) and Echoes (Floyd) of Tool.

FKassad
04-19-2006, 06:47 PM
i really do think this is tool's "wall" its just unbelievable, they've taken it in a new direction that i think may appeal to a ton more fans when it's all said and done

Oh no. More fans :(.

Whenever I meet a Tool fan, it always seems like they are trying to prove themselves to how much more they know/been listening to/love tool more than I. Like its not possible we can both like them.

auralassassin
04-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Oh no. More fans :(.

Whenever I meet a Tool fan, it always seems like they are trying to prove themselves to how much more they know/been listening to/love tool more than I. Like its not possible we can both like them.

My dad can beat up your dad.

My taste is better, longer, more underground.

04-19-2006, 06:53 PM

Unfortunately, that's 90% of Tool fans.

auralassassin
04-19-2006, 07:01 PM
OGT's reprezent!

Sea of Lies
04-19-2006, 07:04 PM
This song is FUCKING AWESOME.

The only shit i regret is that kabir mentioned "it's like third eye, but more epic"... there's NO third eye there, t.e. was all raw and PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYEEEEE... this one.... can't describe it. Just now kabir's review is so senseless to me... disagree almost in every song..

Anyway.. wow.. this song's Tool greatest moment.

HolyReality
04-19-2006, 09:33 PM
their next video project should be a two-parter with wings for marie and 10,000 days together....I can't even imagine how unbelievable that could be....

Thordendal
04-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Tool - The Shape of Metal to Come

I second that.

chalk_line
04-19-2006, 11:23 PM
we are witnessing firsthand music history..the best album in 5 years

guitarpete987
04-20-2006, 05:47 AM
we are witnessing firsthand music history..the best album in 5 years

He he... since lateralus?

Not disagreeing...

hbynoe
04-23-2006, 10:24 AM
are tool even metal anymore....what they have done here...is progressive something but not metal to me....hmmm

turok2step
04-24-2006, 08:58 AM
are tool even metal anymore....what they have done here...is progressive something but not metal to me....hmmm

There are some definite metal sections in this album, more "metal" than their other albums in fact. The beginning of Jambi just screams "metal."