PDA

View Full Version : Alien abduction?

Tertius Oculum
04-18-2006, 11:24 PM
It sounds like he is retelling an abduction experience. Listen to what he says, it's clear enough.

He talks about people not believing him, and the whole first part about Area 51 and seeing shit like the X-Files. It makes sense. Also, the Lost Keys intro could be about someone finding him on the side of the road naked etc. and bringing him to a hospital. I am totally convinced that this song is about someone being abducted now.

slicknickshady
04-19-2006, 02:51 AM
he's tripping on LSD.

Dispatch
04-19-2006, 08:31 AM
I think this is another Bill Hicks inspired piece. I remember him joking the reason he stopped using drugs was that if aliens abducted him he wanted to be able to remember it.

splints
04-19-2006, 03:18 PM
I think this is another Bill Hicks inspired piece. I remember him joking the reason he stopped using drugs was that if aliens abducted him he wanted to be able to remember it.

haha
that made me laugh out loud

spiralout11235
04-19-2006, 03:55 PM
It could be an alien abduction while on LSD. Either way, there is LSD involved, cause this dude is fucking tripping.

Attila
04-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Blair gave us the hint A OR ET TESTS ON D. Rearranging them gives you Rosetta Stoned. A OR ET I'm gonna guess means Alien OR Extra Terrestrial and he said D stands for Dave. So Again, stating the obvious, Im guessing its talking about an Alien abduction of Dave. And Dave drives a van.

Exoskeletal
04-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Blair gave us the hint A OR ET TESTS ON D. Rearranging them gives you Rosetta Stoned. A OR ET I'm gonna guess means Alien OR Extra Terrestrial and he said D stands for Dave. So Again, stating the obvious, Im guessing its talking about an Alien abduction of Dave. And Dave drives a van.

Nice find. That makes a lot of sense! Alien or extra terrestrial tests on Dave, its clearly the story of this song (with a dose of LSD heh).
By the way, who the hell is Dave?

T-13h
04-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Nice find. That makes a lot of sense! Alien or extra terrestrial tests on Dave, its clearly the story of this song (with a dose of LSD heh).

I like this theory. Could it be "A"ngels "OR" "E"xtra "T"errestrials?

Tertius Oculum
04-20-2006, 02:40 AM
Either way, I'm totally correct.

Tertius Oculum
04-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Finally some people are starting to come around.

HolyReality
04-20-2006, 06:18 AM
interesting. great track, but like acid, takes a little time to kick in and get used to....now I love it.

blair's man sausage
04-20-2006, 06:19 AM
maybe "dave" is actually an alien who happens to be tripping?

Exoskeletal
04-20-2006, 09:27 AM
maybe "dave" is actually an alien who happens to be tripping?
No, Dave is actually the subject being tested by those aliens in his psychadlic trip. But the question remains, if Dave is the character who was trippin in this song, who is he? A metaphor to Maynard himself, or is he a real person? Maybe this is diggin too much...

kether4602
04-20-2006, 10:39 AM

I believe Dave is mentioned in the latest newsletter. Where BMB is talking about the rock visiting. They saw someone sitting on the rock. If i remember correctly, this persons name is Dave. I dont completely remember (i suppose i can go check :) but, yeah)

EDIT: "And then I saw Dave. At first I thought it was just a mirage, but there he was in his van with the Phish sticker, door beads, and embroidered tapestries." from the latest newletter. I think we may be on to something.

Attila
04-20-2006, 11:17 AM
I believe Dave is mentioned in the latest newsletter. Where BMB is talking about the rock visiting. They saw someone sitting on the rock. If i remember correctly, this persons name is Dave. I dont completely remember (i suppose i can go check :) but, yeah)

EDIT: "And then I saw Dave. At first I thought it was just a mirage, but there he was in his van with the Phish sticker, door beads, and embroidered tapestries." from the latest newletter. I think we may be on to something.
It's also in the January newsletter.

lucydog
04-20-2006, 11:25 AM
oops. just made a thread about this.

also in the mar. newletter- something about how dave needs to be changed. (shit the bed again...)

T-13h
04-20-2006, 11:26 AM
I <3 Blair.

Ertai
04-20-2006, 01:26 PM
it can be looked at both ways...

acid or aliens..

spiralout11235
04-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Or Acid and Aliens.

Mescaline
04-20-2006, 06:32 PM
It's called N,N DMT. end of story.
Check out Rick Strassman's DMT the Spirit Molecule for the study.

Here's an experience which I think is pretty cool

http://www.dmtworld.org/showthread.php?t=813

theenlightened
04-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Now why would DMT be absolutely sure over LSD or Psilocybin or Mescaline. Or any other Tryptamine or Phenylethylamine for that matter ?

Tertius Oculum
04-20-2006, 07:58 PM
The aliens told him he was the chosen one, to be a hero, but he couldn't remember what they said. lol, this has to be a decoy album.

andrew7667
04-20-2006, 09:26 PM
If it is a decoy album, I'll be surprised. I like this album...and it's really like getting two for one. So I'll be happy if this is a fake album, for the shear joy of getting two full Tool albums at once.

thejesus
04-22-2006, 04:25 PM

does anyone have a link to the quote this guy is talking about?

or can anyone else corroberate this?

JE Mack
04-22-2006, 08:20 PM
If it is a decoy album, I'll be surprised. I like this album...and it's really like getting two for one. So I'll be happy if this is a fake album, for the shear joy of getting two full Tool albums at once.

What do you mean by decoy album and why are people here suggesting that?

trickma
04-22-2006, 08:40 PM
It's called N,N DMT. end of story.
Check out Rick Strassman's DMT the Spirit Molecule for the study.

Here's an experience which I think is pretty cool

http://www.dmtworld.org/showthread.php?t=813

Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)

Hofmann created lsd.