PDA

View Full Version : Something Kabir mentioned in his review

RED_THE_HAT
04-18-2006, 08:34 PM
I remember reading Kabir's review of the album, and he mentioned the line, "10,000 days in the fire is long enough", and how after hearing that line, the meaning behind the title of the album is apparent. Didn't this just send a hell of a chill down your spine..... amazing piece of work....

Systolic
04-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah....

Thats the point that I always start crying when I hear it.

EVERY TIME I HAVE HEARD THAT SONG I HAVE CRIED.

I'm not fucking kidding.

RED_THE_HAT
04-18-2006, 08:44 PM
My head definately hit the table... that is the most full on thing i have digested thus far from this album. Actually makes me feel bad that I have heard the album....

tempathy
04-18-2006, 10:00 PM
hahah it's good guys but crying? do you bawl when you ejaculate too?

don't answer that.

but this is good stuff :)

CrazyJoeDevola
04-18-2006, 10:13 PM

don't answer that.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Music is very powerful emotionally. I have not heard this song yet but I've gotten a very strong crying sensation (meaning I didn't really cry but felt that I was about to start) when I first heard Maynard say "I'm more than just a little curious how you're planning to go about making your amends....to the dead" in "The Noose." It just hit me so hard and it felt beautiful. So based on Kabir's review and the math that someone else did I really think I know what it means but I'm sure hearing it for the first time will be captivating and very rewarding.

Chris Myth
04-18-2006, 10:22 PM

don't answer that.

in just about every thread i've read on this forum, systolic has been bragging about how this song makes him cry... maybe he's trying to put on his sensitive face for all the ladies here lol

praefector
04-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah....

I'm not fucking kidding.

keep your emotional experiences to yourself for now ok dude

stop saying "omg i cried" like it makes you awesome or something

timstead
04-18-2006, 11:14 PM
keep your emotional experiences to yourself for now ok dude

stop saying "omg i cried" like it makes you awesome or something

Hey man~ the thing i've noticed most about the album... is that the honesty is the point. I think it's very obvious that many concepts the ones that have stuck with people the most have resurfaced here. ~ but as opposed to saying this body holding me reminds me of my own mortality, they're allowing us to actually recognize that... through the album.
There was nothing about being awesome, it was about being honest. just as the album is.

well i don't actually know maybe they were trying to be awesome, but it seems quite a stretch to claim you know or that i do. and i recognize that, i'm just saying i could see how that is a very real reaction.
Much love,
Timste~

AgentDMT
04-19-2006, 01:06 AM
this song is powerfully moving. cry/no cry you can't listen to this song and not get an emotional reaction. unless of course you hate your mother.

tomadde
04-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Edit : got it

Didn't know she was in a wheelchair ...

harmonyofdissonance
04-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Yeah....

I'm not fucking kidding.

youre not the only one.... youre not the only one...

Best song ever, EVER!!!!!!! Im fuckin moved, dont know what to do now

*see*you*auntie*
04-19-2006, 03:51 AM

don't answer that.

'Cause we all know that real men don't cry, is that right?

RED_THE_HAT
04-19-2006, 04:23 AM
in just about every thread i've read on this forum, systolic has been bragging about how this song makes him cry... maybe he's trying to put on his sensitive face for all the ladies here lol

It may have hit us on a more emotional level, but putting on a face for the ladies! lmao

I might be a single 24 year old guy, but meeting over the internet aint my thing... lmao Besides that, everyone from here lives too far away, and long distance relationships dont work.... ;)

rsh
04-19-2006, 04:25 AM
looks to me like you all are just a bunch of pussies

clarity.
04-19-2006, 05:35 AM
I think this is the best song. It's really giving me hope on this album turning into one of Tool's best.

harmonyofdissonance
04-19-2006, 05:39 AM
looks to me like you all are just a bunch of pussies

shut the fuck up you sucker, youve never lost a parent do you??????????

My mother died of cancer you dipshit

dracomordag
04-19-2006, 05:43 AM
I think this is the best song. It's really giving me hope on this album turning into one of Tool's best.
good to see you turning around, clarity.

AgentDMT
04-19-2006, 05:48 AM
wow is this an argument about if its okay for men to cry?
heh... tool fans are so mature.

clarity.
04-19-2006, 05:49 AM
I still hate the Pot and Rosetta Stoned though. But this song is amazing. Very groovy.

Ancalagon
04-19-2006, 07:01 AM
I think this song will particularly hit you ... in a way that almost no other song can (Orestes is another one that comes to mind for me) ... unless you have a closed loved one who is strongly Christian and you don't really believe. In my case, like Maynard, it is my mother. This song couldn't have hit me harder.

Systolic
04-19-2006, 07:05 AM
I think Maynard would rather hear that someone cried from hearing the song over someone acting too tough to give in to his or her emotions. Thats what music is for, and if you disagree, then never listen to music again.

auralassassin
04-19-2006, 07:05 AM
Even those who haven't lost anyone can take a rather strong message of peace away from this...

She went out with her head up and her eyes on her maker the whole time--whoever or whatever that is for you(or even if it isn't anything)... hold on to your beliefs, but also be understanding and accepting of OTHER people's beliefs.

HolyReality
04-19-2006, 07:13 AM
brilliant song. good to hear people getting emotional. a tool song hasn't struck me quite like this since pushit.

Chris Myth
04-19-2006, 10:40 AM
I think Maynard would rather hear that someone cried from hearing the song over someone acting too tough to give in to his or her emotions. Thats what music is for, and if you disagree, then never listen to music again.

I think Maynard would think someone who writes "OMG this song made me CRY :'(" in every thread in the tdn forum was a bit starved for attention... just a bit redundant man... and I haven't heard it yet and am waiting for May 2 to be honest, but I'm sure I will be very deeply moved and cannot wait to experience it... but you won't hear me posting it all over tdn because it's my personal experience...

And the lyrics themselves are VERY moving, and I'm not too macho to admit that it's some beautiful poetry.

Lamb & Martyr^
04-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Systolic has got a sensative side to him.