PDA

View Full Version : Weakest song on the album?

thirdseason17
04-18-2006, 08:23 PM
It's good, but I think it's a bit overproduced, a bit too glossy, a little cheesy at parts, too listener friendly, etc.

I mean, when I first heard it I was sort of worried about the rest of the cd. Upon listening to the whole cd twice, I'm kind of disappointed by the quality of Vicarious compared to the quality of the other songs. On Aenima and Lateralus, the singles were just as good as all of the other songs on the cds.

Systolic
04-18-2006, 08:24 PM
I loved Vicarious until I heard the whole album.

Now Vicarious just isn't as powerful to me... so yeah you may be right.

clarity.
04-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Wow, my opinion on this album is the opposite of everyone else's. THIS is the only song I can see here that is reminiscient of old Tool and is really enjoyable to listen to. The other stuff just seems like such a let down...I was expecting so much more.

Systolic
04-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Wow, my opinion on this album is the opposite of everyone else's. THIS is the only song I can see here that is reminiscient of old Tool and is really enjoyable to listen to. The other stuff just seems like such a let down...I was expecting so much more.

Well, (not saying that you were) I wasn't looking forward to hearing more of the same from Tool.. I went into hoping for something different... and I got it.. and boy am I happy...

clarity.
04-18-2006, 08:30 PM
I expected them to not betray what made them good...

ethos
04-18-2006, 08:30 PM
In my opinion one of the better tracks, at least compared the Pot.

HolyReality
04-18-2006, 08:31 PM
I think it fits in perfectly with the rest of the album. which is brilliant.

buster hymen
04-18-2006, 08:41 PM
I actually didn't care for it at first now that I have heard the whole album I really like it

Lagomorph
04-18-2006, 09:34 PM
well it has some tough competition for that label.

praefector
04-18-2006, 09:35 PM
weakest at this point seems to be "the pot"

vicarious close 2nd.

not that either of them are bad songs.

Lagomorph
04-18-2006, 10:24 PM
are you serious? you actually enjoy listening to these songs? are you seriously serious?

ProdigyDub
04-18-2006, 10:26 PM
weakest at this point seems to be "the pot"

vicarious close 2nd.

not that either of them are bad songs.

Interesting that you think that. Are you sure it's not just because you're subconsciously averse to the more "radio-friendly" or mainstream tracks?

Personally those are my 2 favorite songs at this point. I also really like the title track and Right In Two.

I have absolutely no hang-ups about any of the music I like being mainstream popular. Not that you do, I'm just curious.

praefector
04-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Interesting that you think that. Are you sure it's not just because you're subconsciously averse to the more "radio-friendly" or mainstream tracks?

Personally those are my 2 favorite songs at this point. I also really like the title track and Right In Two.

I have absolutely no hang-ups about any of the music I like being mainstream popular. Not that you do, I'm just curious.

well vicarious is at a disadvantage because ive listened to it about 3000% more than i have the others

but the more brooding, more classical structured tracks are my bread. wings/days, right in two, lk/rosetta ... in that order. the rest are kind of floating around together.

nothing against the other tracks though. i like my fair share of more traditional commercial music -- not that i feel those songs are traditional or commercial.

Idiotica
04-18-2006, 10:43 PM
most immediate track on the album therefore easiest to dismiss compared to those other labyrinth creations.

Xariable
04-18-2006, 11:17 PM
So subtle.
They've redefined verse-chorus-verse format.
Their music seems to spiral outward (no pun?). It seems like one could map it. Like mapping the motion of a star.

BlindVisionary
04-18-2006, 11:32 PM
I skipped Vicarious but it sounds as though it won't fit with the rest of the album...

dancingflame
04-18-2006, 11:35 PM
i just write this in this thread because i don`t know where else....
it makes me laugh and cry at the same time how DUMB and musically uneducated some people are...still calling themselves ..."tool-fans"...idiots....little kids...hopelessly dumb...if you were a piece of something I`d throw you away....and i do so by not visiting this place again...because i just can`t believe how many think of a"decoy-album"...goddamn....as i wrote before: infinite stupidity inside this board!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madrid
04-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Vicarious is APC and Lateralus dying.
The rest of the album is their death-dream.

Amazing.

Idiotica
04-19-2006, 12:06 AM
vicarious is very refreshing after submerging yourself in the other tracks. go back to it and you'll understand it better - especially the music.

k~nug
04-19-2006, 03:01 AM
Im liking all the tracks. Vicarious is different than the rest, but as an album im digging it.

godhenry
04-19-2006, 03:01 AM
Vicarious is APC and Lateralus dying.
The rest of the album is their death-dream.

Amazing.

agreed. Vicarious is like the last time a dying person is going to say something he feels passionately about before that person dies. then the rest of the album is new history... sonically and lyrically, it makes total sense.

Frances
04-19-2006, 03:03 AM
i still think it's better than the pot.

paraflux
04-19-2006, 06:14 AM
"if you don't like the song, fine.
if you love the song, fine.
either way, don't post a thread saying so.

mods will delete threads like that."