PDA

View Full Version : drug addiction????

FlamingEye
03-19-2003, 07:56 PM
i have always thought that this song could be about a drug addiction. do u guys think this song is about fisting or something else????

LearnedStudent
03-27-2003, 10:25 PM
Stinkfist does indeed seem so be about addiction. It might actually be about sex addiction, because that is the metaphore that the song uses. Sex is often seen in Maynard's writing, so one could assume that he has an addiction to it.

Without considering the undertones, the song seems to be about somone forcing another person to have sex. The kind of psychological badgering that high school students have been using for years to get laid. Maynard seems to be slightly disgusted with himself for his behavior. In his preoccupation with sex, he has been desensitized to love.

idontmind462
03-27-2003, 11:27 PM
Rehab.

grohl
03-31-2003, 08:17 AM
I agree with ya that the song is about addiction in this case sexual. Maynard probably wanted to say that when we get something we still need more and our "borderlines" are still growing to themonstrous dimensions(the whole arm inside the borderline),cause people are insatiate.......but where´s the border we should stop on? in the beginning is also a reference implying that this sexual acts(as fisting) are only a consequence of boredom. the song is also about the lost sensitivity of a mankind "Desensitized to everything...How can it mean anything to me if I really don't feel anything at all?" there is expressed a natural need of people to feel that they´re loved "Show me that you love me and that we belong together."

idontmind462
03-31-2003, 08:43 PM
All of these things apply to rehab.