PDA

View Full Version : la la la la la la la lie?

conkersdeep
04-18-2006, 07:59 PM
On the 16th I started a thread called conspiracy theory in the vicarious forum to voice my opinion that the leaked track was in fact a hoax. I couldn't be arsed going thru the forum to se if anyone else had posted something similar, so by no means do I claim to be the first person to post this theory.
Basically the new track is to lateralus sounding and knowing how tool enjoy spreading disinformation I believe the new track, although very good, is an elaborate ruse to ensure the integrity of the new album before the release date.
Strangely enough my thread disappeared after 15 minutes despite the prevalence of such awful threads as "what colour do you see when you hear this song" and "does anyone see a double helix when listening to vicarious"
So lets all state our position now, as whatever the result maybe on may 2nd this site will be full of "I told you so posts"
So how about it folks, is it real or is it a hoax?

lysergide dreams
04-18-2006, 08:06 PM
i think it's real. if i'm wrong, so be it.

conkersdeep
04-18-2006, 09:48 PM
47 views and only 1 reply
c'mon pussies
real or not?

Lagomorph
04-18-2006, 10:05 PM
obviously fake, i am proud to say i believed it to be fake ever since 10 000days was announced the album name.

aneurysm09
04-19-2006, 01:45 AM
obviously fake, i am proud to say i believed it to be fake ever since 10 000days was announced the album name.

I'm not sure that's something to be proud of. Talk about judging a book by its cover. I do however think it's a hoax, and a good one at that.

Perseensilmä
04-19-2006, 01:49 AM
On the 16th I started a thread called conspiracy theory in the vicarious forum to voice my opinion that the leaked track was in fact a hoax. I couldn't be arsed going thru the forum to se if anyone else had posted something similar, so by no means do I claim to be the first person to post this theory.
Basically the new track is to lateralus sounding and knowing how tool enjoy spreading disinformation I believe the new track, although very good, is an elaborate ruse to ensure the integrity of the new album before the release date.
Strangely enough my thread disappeared after 15 minutes despite the prevalence of such awful threads as "what colour do you see when you hear this song" and "does anyone see a double helix when listening to vicarious"
So lets all state our position now, as whatever the result maybe on may 2nd this site will be full of "I told you so posts"

I don´t know if you were the first. But you definitely wasn´t the only one.

John Doggett
04-19-2006, 02:33 AM
la la la la la la la lame song.

Lagomorph
04-19-2006, 03:18 AM
I'm not sure that's something to be proud of. Talk about judging a book by its cover. I do however think it's a hoax, and a good one at that.

shit yeah, im claiming Kudos for my skillz....

when we are sure that it is a hoax anyway.

a_sirian_in_agony
04-19-2006, 12:05 PM
i had to try to like vicarious....and i still dont like maynards vocals......it just sounds to me like they all got drunk and recorded a track...it dosent sound smart like the others had....it dosent have that....soul...i guess...

Lagomorph
04-19-2006, 12:10 PM
i had to try to like vicarious....and i still dont like maynards vocals......it just sounds to me like they all got drunk and recorded a track...it dosent sound smart like the others had....it dosent have that....soul...i guess...

this post is just retarded, it's SOOOO obvious they were stoned as hell, not drunk... JEEEEZ.

but yeah, they obviously had a lot of fun making this song.

especially justins laughable flashy cool bass solo in the pot.

Zeradin
04-19-2006, 12:24 PM
I think it's real, but I'm not 100%

a_sirian_in_agony
04-19-2006, 12:39 PM
this post is just retarded, it's SOOOO obvious they were stoned as hell, not drunk... JEEEEZ.

but yeah, they obviously had a lot of fun making this song.

especially justins laughable flashy cool bass solo in the pot.
i stand corrected....bravo good sir...

Fruitbar11
04-19-2006, 12:56 PM

I lol'd when I heard the title on the radio. If this is a hoax I will lol again and be comepletely elated, what I am listening to is great but the similarities within certain parts to older work is uncanny.

I hope it is a hoax, 2 things to listen to for a good long while.

tangent
04-19-2006, 01:14 PM

I posted that when the 30 seconds was aired...

Dogma Slayer
04-19-2006, 01:41 PM
47 views and only 1 reply
c'mon pussies
real or not?

Fake in my opinion. It was the "c'mon pussies" that got me riled. Thanks conker.

conkersdeep
04-19-2006, 03:49 PM
I have to admit, I had second thoughts when the entire album was leaked...............until I listened to it that is. There are parts of that album that sound like the kids down the road practicing in their garage on a sunday morning.
If this shit is real then *gulp* tool should call it a day

a_sirian_in_agony
04-19-2006, 04:26 PM
i said that too man..

<FUTANT>
04-19-2006, 06:28 PM
I think it would be bad ass if we were in store for a surprise double disk...like the "10,000 days" disk being old material and B-sides.....then the actual new album that they are surprising us with....that would be sweet...

timmytow
04-19-2006, 09:37 PM
What would be the point of creating a hoax album? It's not like the majority of people that downloaded the current album will pop off to Walmart to pick up a copy come May 2nd. And if it turns out to be a hoax, and there is another disc ,it will take a square eyed, pimpley freak about 3 seconds to rip it and up load it on May 2..so the band would be in the same position as if they hadn't wasted hours making a hoax to stop an inevitable leak.. Not to mention that it is released on April 28th in Australia there by ruining any potential American suprise!...so...Pointless ( this is not to mention that the current album - hoax or not - is a master piece!)

T

Nikola Petrovic
04-20-2006, 04:22 AM
Almost the whole song sounds pretentious. (Vicarious)

There are a few parts i like. But it just doesnt feel like tool, it doesnt feel new.

I hope its a decoy, and i believe it is. Tool are the only ones who could pull something like that of. I just hope i dont get dissapointed

i havent downloaded the leaked album, and i wont

Lagomorph
04-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Nikola Petrovic DOWNLOAD IT.

bonus.cheese
04-20-2006, 05:03 AM
vi·car·i·ous
Endured or done by one person substituting for another: vicarious punishment.
1. Acting or serving in place of someone or something else; substituted.
2. Committed or entrusted to another, as powers or authority; delegated

kether4602
04-20-2006, 10:21 AM
I have to admit, I had second thoughts when the entire album was leaked...............until I listened to it that is. There are parts of that album that sound like the kids down the road practicing in their garage on a sunday morning.
If this shit is real then *gulp* tool should call it a day

wow.....you sir, should do us all a favor and labotomize yourself. Then, at least more intelligent ramblings would be oozing from your mouth. To say that this is something a garage band would be playing, is just foolish. You aparently have absolutely NO musical background. And no, buying a Linkin Park CD does not count as musical background. just my opinion.....:)

ethos
04-20-2006, 10:27 AM
wow.....you sir, should do us all a favor and labotomize yourself. Then, at least more intelligent ramblings would be oozing from your mouth. To say that this is something a garage band would be playing, is just foolish. You aparently have absolutely NO musical background. And no, buying a Linkin Park CD does not count as musical background. just my opinion.....:)

You're an idiot. Stop worshipping Tool.

walking_iris
04-20-2006, 11:17 AM
What would be the point of creating a hoax album? .... if it turns out to be a hoax, and there is another disc ,it will take a square eyed, pimpley freak about 3 seconds to rip it and up load it on May 2..so the band would be in the same position as if they hadn't wasted hours making a hoax to stop an inevitable leak.. Not to mention that it is released on April 28th in Australia there by ruining any potential American suprise!

i haven't downloaded or heard the "leaked" album, and i will not do so. however, i completely agree with the reasoning above and wonder if anyone can give a reason for Tool to go through the trouble of producing a "fake" album? i would be thrilled if there were in fact some sort of surprise double disc b-sides/new material thing sprung on us, but i really, really doubt it'll happen. it makes little PR sense to keep that a secret IMO.

secondly, do we know there is only one "leak"? from comments people have made on the forums, it sounds like there are at least two. it can't be both an astonishing masterpiece and a chunk of garage band nonsense? apologies if this was covered in another thread.

to answer the original question: i think it's "real." to me, it sounds like Tool, and i like it.

paradigm_shift
04-20-2006, 11:23 AM
I think it is very unlikely that 10.000 days is a fake album. Studiotime costs money, why would they waste a ton on a fake album? And besides, all the tracks sound like the reviews from the listiening parties, and I don't think the record company would pay for listening parties of a fake album...
P

Illuminus
04-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Okay... first of all there is no way the entire album is a fake.

As for Vicarious... I must say that it has a very similar flavor, such as a track they bumped off Lateralus? Or using ideas from old unreleased Lateralus songs they had been working on and kind of made it a little more fresh. Who knows, it could be an array of different possibilites. I highly doubt that Vicarious was leaked on purpose to distract or whatever. Its pretty simple how Vicarious was leaked... the FTP server for radio stations to download the single from was left unencrypted for a while, someone got it, and like a fuckin virus it spread. I have no idea how the whole thing leaked, but theres tons of possibilites. The release is soon, copies are being printed as we speak. It wouldnt be hard to get your hands on one if you worked in a place like that for example.

What if Vicarious was really a "hoax" would that mean it would be a 10 track album? I believe with the mindset that Maynard has, along with the rest of the band about symbolism, sprituality ect... that 11 tracks was not a coincidence, it was done on purpose. Lateralus has 13 tracks, also another powerful number in numerology. These guys know their shit, they are very informed induviduals. I firmly believe this album that leaked is the official album. Anyone who cannot find enjoyment or appreciate the beauty of this music needs to grip ahold of their senses a bit because this Tool is just as good as any other Tool in the past. I will admit Lateralus will be almost impossible to top. I love that album way too much, but this one is really starting to grow on me.

Theres my long ass, over analyzed view on the whole situation. For anyone who read this, thanks for putting up with my rambling ways. Im fuckin stoned as hell. Happy 4/20 to any of the fellow herb smokers out there ;)

Akasha
04-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Im split 50/50, keep changing my mind. The thing that i keep thinking about is Tool do an april fools prank every year, and on the year of their new album release, they dont do one or mention it at all, wtf? That is not normal, its almost like a bit of a tradition to them now, the only thing that was posted on april fools was:

01 Apr 06
SINGLE

Here's some amazing shit: The new Tool single, "Vicarious" will officially be heard on radio on April 17th. That's all I've got... so to the Fox & Hounds I go.

locking the door...

Unsigned, no usual purple BMB at the bottom, just "locking the door...", keeps making me think somethings up.

Vegama
04-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Tool is the only band that could make people so paranoid.

Akasha
04-20-2006, 06:09 PM
LOL, its just called questioning, some of this shit doesnt make sense.

perhan
04-20-2006, 10:33 PM
i sooo hope this is a fake song, fake album, fake fuckin cover...all fake. cause this all feels so old, so yesterday, so repeating themselves, so anti-growth, so anti progression. and with each record so far tool progressed.
if this is the real deal, tool are goin' down. bigtime.

HolyHandgrenade
04-20-2006, 11:54 PM

You sure are smart.