PDA

View Full Version : similarites to third eye?

zee deveel 17
04-18-2006, 07:59 PM
the guitar part in the middle sounds very similar to the one from third eye. no?

I_kNOw_THE_I
04-18-2006, 08:10 PM
both songs about hallucingens

Scrunzset
04-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Yes, I agree....almost the same riff in Third Eye. Still cool though, can't imagine why people would bitch about them using similar riffs.

Alexandra
04-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Agreed.

EDIT: to original thread-starter.

Idiotica
04-18-2006, 10:32 PM
i'm having alot of fun with this album picking out the 'remixed riffs'. can anyone hear the vocal intro to 'jerk off' as in 'fuck u fuck u fuck u' at the start?

mjr
04-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Absolutely not except for drug references. Third Eye is an amazing song. The greatest song ever in my opinion. (clearly ppl will disagree). This song is utter crap in comparison. Although it is certainly extremely fun and interesting, it carries none of the lyrical weight Third Eye does.

Asclepius
04-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Absolutely not except for drug references. Third Eye is an amazing song. The greatest song ever in my opinion. (clearly ppl will disagree). This song is utter crap in comparison. Although it is certainly extremely fun and interesting, it carries none of the lyrical weight Third Eye does.

...well yes but you've had how many years to digeast third eye?

Grimey
04-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Third Eye still sends shivers down my spine. It's a much better song, but I hope this new stuff grows on me like Vicarious.

ladiatia
04-19-2006, 01:59 PM

THIRD EYE is amazing. The salival version is fucking awesome!

mike09
04-19-2006, 02:03 PM

Third Eye is excessive and overrated by many Tool fans.

*puts on flame proof suit*

ladiatia
04-19-2006, 02:36 PM
*puts on flame proof suit*

That was funny.

TickTock
04-19-2006, 03:06 PM
i am hearing a bit of triad from 1:13 to 1:30 and again at 7:19 to 8:13. anyone else agree?

toology514
04-23-2006, 05:18 PM
yes. they recycle a few riffs, but i see no problem with it. The song does have the same 'feel' that Third Eye does (imo), but i find it fucking amazing all the same. Both Third Eye and Rosetta Stoned give me chills.

burning bridges
04-23-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't understand why people think Third Eye is about hallucinogens. It is about opening your third eye, which is possible without drugs although they might help.

ljasonl
04-23-2006, 05:51 PM
I don't understand why people think Third Eye is about hallucinogens. It is about opening your third eye, which is possible without drugs although they might help.

"phosphoresent desert buttons" - Third Eye
a.k.a. Mescaline
yup, hallucinogens

BTW, this song owns Third Eye :P

matthias9
04-23-2006, 05:53 PM
the guitar part in the middle sounds very similar to the one from third eye. no?

my buddy and I caught that too, and pondered on it's chosen purpose to be placed right there in the song.

mystictigress
04-27-2006, 02:47 PM
I agree. It's subtle but definately there. I notice it most at 2:58 - 3:22.

I think both Third Eye and this track are awesome :D

Rosetta Stoned
04-27-2006, 06:05 PM
yes. they recycle a few riffs, but i see no problem with it. The song does have the same 'feel' that Third Eye does (imo), but i find it fucking amazing all the same. Both Third Eye and Rosetta Stoned give me chills.

think about why they might 'recall' older songs...
while maynard recalls how the band became so huge...

think about it. it makes sense.